Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Overlord Grand Campaign (Vers 2)

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Hearts of Iron: The Card GameCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Operation Overlord Grand Campaign (Vers 2)

Operation Overlord Campaign (Vers 2)

Allied Victory Points: 5/13

Welcome to the second attempted Grand Campaign for the Hearts of Iron Card Game. This pits two teams against each other to compete over three weeks for domination over a map based on a historical World War 2 setting. The players will play a game each weekend against an opponent to advance their team to victory. Each game of HOI TCG will be fought over a region on the map. Players will be forced to restrict their decks based on the terrain and weather of the province, creating a more deep level of thought and strategy. At the end of the three week period the team that meets its victory requirements is the victor.

We are looking for four players on each team minimum (5 can be done.), one team plays Allied decks and the other Plays Axis decks. As per the historical scenario The Allied players will be on the offensive storming the beaches and attempting to gain 10 Victory Points while the Axis will be trying to prevent their advance. If you wish to sign up simply post, as well as mention your time zone in relation to UTC.

Welcome to the War!

Campaign GM; M4j. Maniacal (UTC -5)

Allied Players;
    - Supreme Commander:
    -Nymet260 (GMT -5)
    - Generals:
    -GoshoGogov (GMT +2)
    -Nachopontmercy (GMT +1)
    -tvremote84 (GMT -5)
    -Telesma (GMT +1)

Axis Players;
    - Supreme Commander:
    -Dugrim (GMT -7)
    - Generals:
    -KillerB1 (GMT +0)
    -MeinKrieg (GMT -7)
    -Rick25 (GMT -5)
    -SilentKiller (GMT +1)

Rules:
    - Allies get 4(5 with 5 players) Attacks Per round against Axis owned Provinces. These provinces must be either Beach Provinces (Designated with beach in their name.) or adjacent to Provinces controlled by the allied team. (Note that on the first round all attacks will be against beach provinces since the allies own no Provinces.)
    - Allies Supreme Commander sends the Provinces chosen to be attacked, as well as which player is attacking where and the contents of their deck, to the Campaign GM via PM, who then posts which Provinces are being attacked on the thread page not specifying which player is attacking each.
    - The Axis Supreme Commander after seeing the attacked Provinces sends, Via PM, who is defending each attacked province and their deck contents to the GM.
    - GM will post the battles that have to be fought, players need to arrange the battle time. The games are a single casual match played under normal rules. Unless the province is a Beach Province, which follow their own rules.
    - 3 Rounds have to be played. Allies need to reach 11 Victory Points to win (13 if there are 5 players.). Victory Points are designated as dots under the provinces name. the number of dots is how many points The allies attain for winning a match in that province.
    -After a Match is played one player must send, via PM, Who won the match and what the final attack was to the GM. (Preferably a Screen Shot). If a battle result is not submitted within a reasonable amount of time, as decided by the GM, then the team with the most wins that round is considered the winner of that Match.
    -Each player must adhere to the deck restriction rules (Listed Below). This is why deck contents must be sent to the GM.

Decks Restrictions;
    -No Promo Cards
    -Only one of each **** per deck
    -Each Province contains a terrain type, this will further restrict your choice of cards. (Listed Below)
    -Each province at the start of each round (Before declaration of attacks) will gain a randomly generated Weather condition. These Conditions will further restrict you card choices (Listed Below)
    -Beach Provinces follow very strict rules for card choices and will be listed in their own section.

Weather effects:

Rain = No Strat Bombing, Only two of each Aircraft card allowed.

Stormy = No Air

-Sunny = No Restrictions from weather.

-No Weather effects on Beaches and 3/4 point Areas.

Terrain Restrictions:

-Plains (Teal) = No Restrictions

-Hills (Brown) = No Heavy Armor, no Strat Bombing

-Forests (Green) = 60 Card deck restriction, Maximum of 4 Heavy Armored units

-Urban (Purple) = No Tanks (Dual Cards allowed), no blitz, no Strat bombing

Special Restrictions on the Beach Zones:

General rules:
    -You must draw a card even if you have 6 cards in hand, discard a card to draw.
    -Allies cannot start the battle with strafing

Allies:
    -How to win (One must be true):
    1. Axis deck reaches 0
    2. Score 7 Vps
    -Deck Restrictions
    -60 Cards
    -No Strat Bombing
    -No Meeting Engagement
    -No HQ Cards
    -No Tank only cards
    Axis:
    -How to win (One must be true):
    1. Allied deck reaches 0
    2. Score at least 4 Vps
    -Deck Restrictions:
    -60 cards
    -Only Infantry Attack, Inf Probe, Infiltration and fighter Sweep allowed
    -Up to 3 Dual type units
    -only 10 Factories
    -No pure Tank cards
    -No Tranches
    -No Bombers
    -No 88mm Flak (Rear Area FlaK allowed)

MAP:
    Last edited by M4j. Maniacal; 06-03-2012 at 03:43.

sign me up as axis
    gmt+1

incase we are depsratly missing allies i can switch, but i doubt that we will
    Last edited by Narfi; 11-02-2012 at 06:29.

First Lieutenant

Sign me up as Axis force (GMT -7)
    Last edited by MeinKrieg; 11-02-2012 at 12:00.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    East India Company CollectionDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black Plague
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

I'll join the Allies(GMT+2)
    Last edited by GoshoGogov; 11-02-2012 at 04:09.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2

just remember we need a supreme commander for each team

Europa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

I'll join the Axis, as usual, and I would glad to be the Supreme Commander, as usual!
    GMT -7
    We are strong, we are patient, we'll win

Darkest Hour

iŽll join allies, as before! My timezone is GMT +1

Sign me up for allies ill take the risk even though im missing some core units (GMT -5)
    Gears of WaAAR! : A German Industrial Deck AAR (A glimpse into a card game that once was the best ever card game iv played to date)

Cities in MotionDivine WindSengokuHearts of Iron: The Card Game500k club

Restricted decks... just what i always wanted to play. Sign me up for Allies. (GMT+1).

Darkest Hour

IŽve got a little question about restrictions. If i read the climate restrictions, it says no SB is allowed during rain but later, in the general rules/allies it seems to forbid all strategic bombing. Is this a contradiction or did i misunderstood smthing?

Those are general rules for the beaches only.

only on the beaches do not get Strat bombing.

We need one more Allied player and one of them to be the supreme commander. We also need 2 more Axis players.

Remember as Supreme Commader all you do is sent me the deck lists and who is doing what each turn. You still get to play and attack.

I'll join for the allies (GMT -5) aka EST
    Last edited by tvremote84; 13-02-2012 at 06:30.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIILegioLost Empire - Immortals
    Majesty 2EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuShip Simulator Extremes
    Sword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Rome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Hello everyone. As I strongly support this idea, I will be dealing out some presents for the participants and the winners of this campaign.

I am offering a free booster pack to every participant, it will be up to each player to decide whether you want a H&D booster or a 1'st Edition booster.

The winning teammembers will get to choose either a booster pack of their choice, or one of the three cheaper promo cards: Zavod, Plentiful Ammo, or Panzer Repair.

Have fun with the campaign, and may the best team win

First Lieutenant

Thank you , Tobiasviklund . When you send booster pack , I choose H&D one .

EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIISword of the Stars

If needed, I can play axis

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

I can join both sides. Allies are my first choice, but i can play axis too if you need more Axis player. I'm GM -5.

everyone is welcome, but please dont feel like u have to jump in, im sure we are going to find enough player so only play if u realy want to, not cuz u think u need to help out

Thanks Tobias, I choose as free booster pack the H&D!
    Good to know that this kind of "player interaction" to promote more the game are "sponsored" by you Paradoxians!

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

I guess I can enter on the game, but depends on time and day of the matches. I'm GMT-2 and can only compete well as an aliied player.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast