• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Scontan

Corporal
10 Badges
Feb 18, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Each province has a couple of holds, and in most cases you are able to build a few more.

Anyhow, in those cases there is a castle hold in my province that a minor noble of some sort rules in, can i claim control of it, and if so, how?

Each province has a couple of holds, and in most cases you are able to build a few more.

Anyhow, in those cases there is a castle hold in my province that a minor noble of some sort rules in, can i claim control of it, and if so, how?

Yes, you can. If you click on the particular baron and choose the diplomacy option, you can recall the title. Assuming he agrees, the hold will then be added to your demesne and you'll get full tax and levies. I don't run them this way myself, though, for some reason I prefer leaving the barons, mayors, and bishops in charge, and just controlling the county seats directly. Not sure what everyone else is doing.

Click on the realm shield under your portrait. Click on the kingdom then duchy then county title in the list that the castle belongs to. when you get down to the county level, you should see the name of that castle in the list. click on it, then the revoke button should light up. click that, and in a few days you'll have a very angry former castle holder. He may give the castle up, or he may fight you for it.