+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holds

Holds

Each province has a couple of holds, and in most cases you are able to build a few more.

Anyhow, in those cases there is a castle hold in my province that a minor noble of some sort rules in, can i claim control of it, and if so, how?

Damn Atheist Commie! artemis667's Avatar
    Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Scontan View Post
    Each province has a couple of holds, and in most cases you are able to build a few more.

Anyhow, in those cases there is a castle hold in my province that a minor noble of some sort rules in, can i claim control of it, and if so, how?
    Yes, you can. If you click on the particular baron and choose the diplomacy option, you can recall the title. Assuming he agrees, the hold will then be added to your demesne and you'll get full tax and levies. I don't run them this way myself, though, for some reason I prefer leaving the barons, mayors, and bishops in charge, and just controlling the county seats directly. Not sure what everyone else is doing.
    "If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army." - Frederick II

Click on the realm shield under your portrait. Click on the kingdom then duchy then county title in the list that the castle belongs to. when you get down to the county level, you should see the name of that castle in the list. click on it, then the revoke button should light up. click that, and in a few days you'll have a very angry former castle holder. He may give the castle up, or he may fight you for it.
    What other franchise could make a player nostalgic for consanguinity inheiritance law?

You dont get this if the realm has not achieved minimum crown authority. E.G day one for France and HRE.
    This is my AAR thread for Alsace.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=460411

I intend to hold Central Europe before crusading. Then maybe a World Conquest.

+ Reply to Thread