+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: BSG Season 15 ~ Wagons West!...North!...someone find us a map!

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

I think JL would love to see me play State of Emergency so we use that last food of ours......

But I'll just

XO our dear President/Admiral Jopi-thing....
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindMagicka
    Sword of the Stars500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Rendap View Post
    But I'll just

What are you planning to have him do, pray tell?
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Boris ze Spider: I have a question, was this just luck, or?
    EUROO7: No, this was Randy's black magic.
    Boris ze Spider: Lesson learned, always trust Randy's black magic.

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Holder of the sacred Eurobuck of Immunity

The future scares me. It should scare you too!

I think JL would love to see me play State of Emergency so we use that last food of ours......

But I'll just

It is not an instant loss, as you can get food from Q cards, if you think Mr. President has one.
    a trained longbowman can fire 12 arrows a second by Darth Invictus
    Basic math and logic before you post will makes your posts more reasonable, but likely half as funny.

http://forums.spacebattles.com/showp...6&postcount=34

Europa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIEuropa Universalis IV

Let's see how the dice falls.

Use OPG;
    Jump - jump now!
    AARs: AARise ye prisoners of starvation... A Soviet AAR (ABORTED, save file destroyed), Postwar analysis: Rebuilding Rome (Completed!), The StAAR-Spangled Banner - USA vs. Rest of the World (Done!), The HungAARian tale Abandoned (lack of inspiration)

United! United! United!

Haver of 101 2Coaties, Founding member of "Eaten by his own faction club". Targets: Ayeshteni, Kanor, Fornadan, klas_knas, Disgustoid, almoravid, GrimPagan

Just curious - why didn't you guys XO someone in the shipyard earlier to make this a sure thing?
    "Donít only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

*** Current Overseer of BloodCarnage, a Dwarf Fortress Succession Game. Get dorfed today! ***

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    Just curious - why didn't you guys XO someone in the shipyard earlier to make this a sure thing?
    because Jopi didn't have an XO and when it was my turn Galactica hasn't returned yet.

Partly my fault because I told Jopi that if he draws a Preventative Policy we could win the game right there, so he went crazy drawing for POL. In hindsight I should have asked him to draw LEA and try to bounce XOs with Rendap since XO is a LOT more common than PP.

Go Go empty civvie in space!

Quote Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
    because Jopi didn't have an XO and when it was my turn Galactica hasn't returned yet.

Partly my fault because I told Jopi that if he draws a Preventative Policy we could win the game right there, so he went crazy drawing for POL. In hindsight I should have asked him to draw LEA and try to bounce XOs with Rendap since XO is a LOT more common than PP.
    I'm asking because I discussed this with Jacob around the time that the first human player started his turn - and then Jopi came in and instead of XO'ing one of the shipyard folks started tossing nukes around
    I really was going "WTF?!?" by then

edit: Also, Jacob told me somebody put their XO's in a skill check just before ..
    -- Ludwig von Beethoven

Quote Originally Posted by randakar View Post
    I'm asking because I discussed this with Jacob around the time that the first human player started his turn - and then Jopi came in and instead of XO'ing one of the shipyard folks started tossing nukes around
    I really was going "WTF?!?" by then

edit: Also, Jacob told me somebody put their XO's in a skill check just before ..
    I do agree there's probably some mis-communication going on, I am not a big fan of New Caprica because the ending is about which side can game the system better.

I do agree there's probably some mis-communication going on, I am not a big fan of New Caprica because the ending is about which side can game the system better.
    You guys were lucky you got that distance + 1 crisis. You were also lucky that we couldn't play super crisis cards on NC. We both have super crisis cards that hit food, and I was going to use mine before you got to new cap, as it also has -1 fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingepyon View Post
    You guys were lucky you got that distance + 1 crisis. You were also lucky that we couldn't play super crisis cards on NC. We both have super crisis cards that hit food, and I was going to use mine before you got to new cap, as it also has -1 fuel.
    I do agree we got really lucky with Legendary Discovery, my comment are more about New Caprica in general.

GM/Brutal Werewolf Leader Demi Moderator jacob-Lundgren's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDiplomacyEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by Jopi View Post
    Let's see how the dice falls.

Use OPG;
    Jump - jump now!

Lucky number 7, the civvie in space has 1 pop on it.

The rest get left behind leaving humanity with a 6 pop, 1 fuel hit. 2 morale hit from the people left behind. Leaves colonials with 1 food, 2 fuel, 3 morale and 1 pop. The colonials successfully make it to the deep hole at Za'ha'dum!

next crisis up

Contact Raptor

Skill check: POL/ENG = 7
    PASS: No Effect
    FAIL: -1 Morale and current player discards 2 Skill Cards

POST CRISIS: Activate Raiders, +1 EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

Rescue Detainees

Current Player Chooses:
    Skill check: LEA/TAC = 9
    PASS: Current player may move a character from Detention to any other New Caprica location
    FAIL: -1 Morale

OR

Roll a die. If 4 or less, current player chooses a human player on New Caprica to send to Detention

POST CRISIS: Activate Heavy Raiders and Occupational Forces, +1 EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

Resistance Bombings

Skill check: LEA/TAC/ENG = 12
    PASS: Admiral may choose -1 Morale to execute a revealed Cylon or destroy 2 Occupational Forces
    7+: No Effect
    FAIL: -1 Morale -1 Population

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes and Occupational Forces, NO EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

Organize the Pilots

Skill check: POL/PIL = 9
    PASS: Prepare or evacuate 1 Civilian Ship
    FAIL: Destroy the top ship of the Locked Civilian Ship stack. If that stack is empty, destroy the top ship of the Prepared Civilian Ships stack.

POST CRISIS: Launch Nukes, NO EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

Held for Questioning

Current Player Chooses:
    Skill check: POL/LEA/TAC = 10
    FAIL: -1 Morale and if current player is on New Caprica, he is sent to Detention

OR

Current player must discard 3 random Skill Cards

POST CRISIS: Activate Heavies and Occupational Forces, +1 EVACUATION AND PREPARE FOR JUMP

Super crisis

SUPER CRISIS: Demand Peace Manifesto

Admiral Chooses:
    -1 Morale and damage Galatica twice
    OR
    President and Admiral discard their hand of Skill Cards

SUPER CRISIS: The Farm

Skill check: TAC/ENG = 15
    8+: -1 Food
    FAIL: -1 Food -1 Population. Keep this card in play. Human players may not use their once-per-game abilities.

SUPER CRISIS: Inbound Nukes

Skill check: LEA/TAC = 15
    FAIL: -1 Fuel, -1 Food, -1 Population
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 18
    altering your sig so you hope you wont get anymore confusing PMs
    Priceless

*Will update fully when I come up with something good to stick in here*

JL: Thanks for GMing this game, could you also list the super-crisis King and EL held? Since King said they both have super-crisis that hit food so just wanted to know how big a bullet we dodged by jumping.

JL: Thanks for GMing this game, could you also list the super-crisis King and EL held? Since King said they both have super-crisis that hit food so just wanted to know how big a bullet we dodged by jumping.
    I did list it, just labeled it a bit confusing I guess. The 3 I posted were held by them.
    A person of swedish descent who doesnt speak swedish. Number of PMs in swedish to date I couldn't understand 18
    Priceless

I am perfectly willing to host season 17 now, if no one else wants to. I rather someone else do the next one as I start my first job after college on the 23rd, but given that should be well into the game(The most intensive part is the setup and first turn, then it easy as I have everything I need ready to go in text files and update as things happen) I should be able to do just fine with it. I am more then willing to take any suggestions people want before I throw it up.
    Basic math and logic before you post will makes your posts more reasonable, but likely half as funny.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagicka
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2
    Pride of Nations500k clubEuropa Universalis IVEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise
    EUIV: Res PublicaEUIV: Art of War

Thanks for GM'ing JL.

I will not be able to GM a game for quite some time, but I would be interested in participating in a new season...
    Armageddon was yesterday - Today we have a serious problem!
    ------

Govenor of Earth in "The Paradoxian Federation" - Aurora Forum Game II - YOUR PLANET NEEDED YOU!! - Died due to Computer Crash

Games Archive and Active Games: Link

Come and play Werewolf with us! We Bite and Growl and are looking for more meat! Link

PAY ATTENTION WHEN DRIVING!

Thanks for GM'ing JL.

I will not be able to GM a game for quite some time, but I would be interested in participating in a new season...
    Well put here some requests for options. I can host any version of BSG as I have all the game stuff, so it comes down to what people want to play. I rather avoid allies as they are not typed up anywhere, but I can do those if needed.

I would say allow pming as current rules but make a 48 hour deadline from the time a crisis is posted plus a 12 hour deadline from the last person to play cards. This way it CAN extend a bit naturally but the GM can also give super crisis or serious damage crisis longer times etc.
    Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by jacob-Lundgren View Post
    I would say allow pming as current rules but make a 48 hour deadline from the time a crisis is posted plus a 12 hour deadline from the last person to play cards. This way it CAN extend a bit naturally but the GM can also give super crisis or serious damage crisis longer times etc.
    I certainly would do the first part, but I guess the second part might work as well. Right now I am wondering if I should just throw up the thread and have people ask for options as they sign up, but I think we really need to know what kind of game is going up before I post the thread, so people can know if they want to join or not.

I think no nebula since that will slow us down. Rest of exodus is options I can deal with.
    Priceless

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast