+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Add-On] Balkans: The Age of Sorrow - MEIOU edition

EU3 Complete

[Add-On] Balkans: The Age of Sorrow - MEIOU edition

For centuries we have been the stronghold of civilization, the beacon of light in a sea of darkness, but now, barbarians once again threaten the jewel of the world, Konstantinoupolis. Basileus, is your destiny to protect the holy city, or else to die with honor ...

Are you up to the task of ousting your incompetent nephew from what is your rightful throne as Basileus of Serbs and Greeks, or you'll kneel in face of the wildlings and schismatics? ...

Infidel dominions are weak and divided, waiting to be squashed. The age of the prophet is at hand ...

Will you rule the waves and the trade routes, or will the perfidious Italian republic outcompete you? ...

You'll be master or you'll be slave?
    The choice is yours to make.

Balkans: The Age of Sorrow - MEIOU edition

This project is an add-on for the excellent MEIOU and focuses on the evolution of Balkans at the dawn of the Ottoman power, and tries to depict as accurately as possible the volatility and restlessness of the region.

The project includes a quite length list of changes, ranging from revised provinces names, to slight economic changes, or major in changes in the diplomatic relations, plus an an quite extensive list of Romanian advisors (84) and more accurate leaders names and rulers' stats.

While in the first phase my goal was to depict as accurately as possible the story of the Romanian principalities, depending on time and help, I will continue making changes in the way the entire South-Eastern region is depicted, which unfortunately is represented as devoid of content and dynamism in EU3, when when historically it just was not the case.
    The battleground where some of the greatest titans of the era clashed, at the border between three cultures (Orthodox Slavic-Byzantine, Catholic Germanic-Hungarian-Polish and Islamic Ottoman-Tatar), the Balkan peninsula and beyond represented a truly cultural melting pot, an place for those seeking wealth and glory, an exotic but dangerous environment and is my ultimate goal is to represent the life of glory and the life of sorrows of the people that rose and fell in this region.

Without further presentation, here is the link :

Balkans: The Age of Sorrow 0.7
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8jw5gm626e1gep9

Installation instructions

- Download MEIOU:TD 5.4 (or later)
    - Decompress the rar file, and you should obtain a MEIOU folder (inside the Romanian Falvor folder)
    - Copy/paste MEIOU folder to the mod folder containing the current version of MEIOU:TD - accept over-writing
    - And enjoy!

Changes

- Venetian-Hungarian war of 1356-1358
    - added Republic of Cattaro (Kotor)
    - revised history files for Moldova, Wallachia,Dobrogea, Cattaro, Albania
    - revised economy(2 new COTs - Burzenland and Lwov)
    - extensive list of new advisors for Wallachia and Moldova
    - added Szekely culture, replacing Sazok (Saxons)

- added Principality of Valona, Despotate of Arta, Thesalia (Simeon Uroš' domain)
    - re-added Transylvania as a vassal to Hungary (slightly hampers Hungarian expansion)
    -revised history files for Albania, Dalmatia&Western Balkans and Steppe regions
    - revised economy(2 new COTs - Cattaro and Ragusa, bring to 4 the number of new COTs
    - added Karl Topia as the leader of a pretender_revolt in Anjou Albania
    - Blue Horde-Cobanid war of 1357
    - slightly revised diplomatic files for Venice and Genoa
    - Hungarian-Croatian cores for the entire Dalmatian region north of Ragusa
    - added Bogdan I de Cuhea as the leader of a pretender_revolt in Moldova
    - added Tatar Prince Demetrius as a leader of a noble revolt in Buceag
    - added Peter Losha as the leader of Albanian revolt in Arta, Greece
    - added Lord Zarko as a Montenegrin revolted pretender, in Skodra, South Montenegro
    - corrected error with the names of the new MEIOU provinces which were not properly displayed

F-CEO of EUIV:MEIOU and Taxes gigau's Avatar
    83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper FiSengokuSupreme Ruler 2020
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Roaming zombishly... looking for icooooonsssss !
    Blog Entries
    Nice

I'll be sure to take a look at it.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Ainsi Je Frappe - the level 1 unit sprite revamp.
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop
    Awarded the SAS Award for Forum Dedication
    Vice-Zombiemaster of the Icon Zombie Club !

EU3 Complete

I have added a new version of the mod

I have added a change log, which provides more informations on what I've modified, plus I have added a new version of the mod

Thanks, Gigau and I hope you like it

BTW, is it possible to change the name of the thread??

83 games registered

200k clubHoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Commander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultDiplomacyEuropa Universalis 3
    Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossMagickaMarch of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsRise of Prussia
    CK2: Holy KnightEU Rome Collectors EditionEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order
    EUIV: Call to arms eventWar of the VikingsEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterkreuz View Post
    BTW, is it possible to change the name of the thread??
    Not you, but i can, being moderator of this corner of the forum.
    Europa Universalis III : MEIOU --- MEIOU Subforum in english | MEIOU on Twitter | MEIOU on Facebook | MEIOU Online Manual
    If you have zero infamy, then you're wasting everybody's forgiveness. - Zzzzz...

Europa Universalis IV
    MEIOU and Taxes - It falls on to me to rule the entire world,... and don't forget to bring me my taxes ! - Download >>> HERE <<<

M&T Subforum | M&T en Français | M&T on Facebook | M&T Wiki | M&T Report Tickets
    Yes, I should have realised by now that when asking EOOQE, you don't ask if something is possible. You have to ask how - jrgen3
    Discussion thread | Vanilla version on Workshop | DLC version on Workshop | M&T version on Workshop | M&T and DLC version on Workshop

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post

Not you, but i can, being moderator of this corner of the forum.
    Great and thanks

Btw, Thanks for including my add-on on the masterlist

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

Sounds like a nice addition, but how does it currently fare with giant blobbing hungary?

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    Sounds like a nice addition, but how does it currently fare with giant blobbing hungary?
    As of now, it is an work in progress, but it seems that the coding of the Hungarian-Venetian war has slow downed Hungary, with most of time being unable to snatch anything from Venice, while at the same time has significant losses.

In the next releases I plan including a number of changes that should further hamper Hungarian expansion, and which by the way are historically accurate.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHeir to the ThroneMagickaNaval War: Arctic CircleVictoria 2

As of now, it is an work in progress, but it seems that the coding of the Hungarian-Venetian war has slow downed Hungary, with most of time being unable to snatch anything from Venice, while at the same time has significant losses.

In the next releases I plan including a number of changes that should further hamper Hungarian expansion, and which by the way are historically accurate.
    Sounds like a plan, could be exactly what the region needs. Keep us updated

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Nivve View Post
    Sounds like a plan, could be exactly what the region needs. Keep us updated
    I will, keep everyone posted

In the meantime, I would have an question for the more experienced modders:
    Is it possible to define (name, attributes) the leader of rebels, and especially the nationalist_rebels and pretender_rebels?? For example, is it possible to make Guillaume Cale or Étienne Marcel leaders of the rebellion known as Jacquerie, or to name the sultans that rose and fell during Ottoman Interregnum as pretender_rebels??

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Is it possible to define (name, attributes) the leader of rebels, and especially the nationalist_rebels and pretender_rebels?? For example, is it possible to make Guillaume Cale or Étienne Marcel leaders of the rebellion known as Jacquerie, or to name the sultans that rose and fell during Ottoman Interregnum as pretender_rebels??
    I personally never tried it. So i couldn't tell. Possibly, you could ask a modder like 17blue17 or Helius...

Europa Universalis IV

EU3 Complete

Well, I kind off received an answer, and I have to admit that it is a little more complicated that I initially thought. Hopefully I'll be able to make some progress on this matter..

EU3 Complete

With my add-on progressing ahead, and close to a new launch an dilemma arose: How to better present the major commercial routes that crossed the region of Balkans (Ragusa/Belgrade-Constantinople, Moldavian road*, Braila road**) as well as how to properly portray the significance of Black Sea trade for riparian and not so riparian countries, as well as for the Italian maritime republics?

As such, as a first step I increased the number of COTs in the region, from 2 (Buda and the Anatolian one) to 6 (adding Ragusa, Cattaro***, Brasov, Lvow). The problem is that some centers are weaker than should be (Lvow especially) and I'm not sure how I might make them stronger than others.

At the same time I have a problem with the COT from Novgorod that starts grabbing Balkan provinces, in spite of the huge distance between the aforementioned COT and the provinces in Balkans.

*The Southern segment of the road that connected Baltic to the Black Sea, via Lvow
    ** Connecting central Europe to Black Sea, via Buda, Brasov, Braila
    *** I might delete the COT in Cattaro due to the fact that it overshadows the more historically relevant Ragusa

To conclude, I'm open to any suggestion in regard to the above mentioned issues

EU3 Complete

NEW Update (0.5)

While it took me more than I expected, the next update of my mod is finally here. It includes a series of changes with significant effects upon the power games in Balkans and neighbour area, while at the same time it increases the historical flavor of the region.

Chnagelog:
    - added Principality of Valona, Despotate of Arta, Thesalia (Simeon Uroš' domain)
    - re-added Transylvania as a vassal to Hungary (slightly hampers Hungarian expansion)
    -revised history files for Albania, Dalmatia&Western Balkans and Steppe regions
    - revised economy(2 new COTs - Cattaro and Ragusa, bring to 4 the number of new COTs
    - added Karl Topia as the leader of a pretender_revolt in Anjou Albania
    - Blue Horde-Cobanid war of 1357
    - slightly revised diplomatic files for Venice and Genoa
    - Hungarian-Croatian cores for the entire Dalmatian region north of Ragusa

83 games registered

Blog Entries
    Interesting changes. It might indeed be a good idea about Transylvania. Have you tested it's effect on Hungary warmongering ?

Europa Universalis IV

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by gigau View Post
    Interesting changes. It might indeed be a good idea about Transylvania. Have you tested it's effect on Hungary warmongering ?
    As far as my test games went, Hungary was often hampered in its expansion, at least in the first decade or so, with this evolution being probably result of several changes, such as of the starting war with Venice, lower income due additional CoTs in Ragusa/Kotor and Brasov and the (re-)introduction of Transylvania, as well as better relations with Wallachia (guarantee) & Moldova (vassalage).

Ritterkreuz, would it be alright if I incorporated your 'Age of Sorrow' mod into my RTG mod?

EU3 Complete

Quote Originally Posted by redgreen99 View Post
    Ritterkreuz, would it be alright if I incorporated your 'Age of Sorrow' mod into my RTG mod?
    I'm more than glad my work is not wasted, so is ok for me

The only issue would the fact that the add-on starts in 1356, while your mod starts 4 years later, so a few rulers are dead, Cupanids are gone.

P.S. I hope to release a new version soon, so I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Cities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    DungeonlandEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Heir to the ThroneKing Arthur IILeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    Naval War: Arctic CirclePenumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSengoku
    Sword of the StarsSword of the Stars IIThe Showdown EffectVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    Pride of NationsKnights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderTeleglitch: Die More Edition
    EUIV: Call to arms event

I'd like to give this a try, but the download link is dead. Any help would be appreciated
    Choose again.

About the route: what about giving e. g. Toll Road at the beginning?

About the rebels: what about giving much bigger possibility to the names you want? Anyway, I think these kind of "must be" things are not important. I mean it's a game and not the exact reflect of history - of course except the beginning.

As a Balkan-centered mod, I suggest to study the history of Dalmatia (and maybe also Croatia and Hungary) and it's position between Venice and Hungary-Naples, not just "simply" (I know it's not that simple...) adding a war between Hungary and Venice.

500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

As is the Hungarian expansion early in the game. King Lajos I (Louis d'Anjou) the Great did vasslize most of the Balkans nothern from the Greek Empire or Rome. He even sat on the throne of Poland. The real problem is that skills or traits of rulers don't have too much effect in general.

After the death of Lajos or later Mátyás I Hunyadi or Corvin their work of a life has fallen apart. As did the Empire of Uros IV of Serbia or Michael the Brave of Wallachia.

All in all as the good solution would be if the overexpansion and a real meaning for skills (ADM MIL DIP) should kill these newborn powers when a weakling comes to throne.

BTW I don't know how resources work but the real thing that should kill Hungary is the exploration and the conquest of the new world. Before that point Hungary produced 9/10 of the gold and most of the salt of Europe. Since these resources were very expensive, the kingdom did benefit a lot. After that that point the cheap gold of the new world caused high inflation and made the mining very expensive and an unworthy effort. It broke the economy of Hungary and made it very vulnurable to incoming attacks as we have seen IRL by the Turks. Hungary has succesfully defended itself against the Ottomans for the 100 years before. Without the Turks on the borders to fight with an expansionist Hungary viable in my eyes (of course only with good or at least mediocore kings) until the explorations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast