+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes - Developer Diary 1

Semper Fi

Please, Please Devildread, make it available somewhere besides GamersGate. I purchased CWWWII and DIG from them, got CW downloaded and installed, but DIG will not download. GamersGate support told me that I needed to delete my game(!) in order for the download to work. I know, I am only out $.34, but that's not the point - I want to play it!

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

@KWC_PZK: not encouraging you or anything but if you've paid for it, well there are other ways of getting it downloaded if you know what i mean. I've never done it myself with hoi-III games as i have bought them via Steam. I also would appreciate it if the DLC will be downloadable in Steam!

@Devildread: You really inspired me to go on a modding spree, i have created two new events this weekend, and i plan on making an Argentina mod in Di:G style!
    Any word on ETA?
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Nice to see this happening!

I think your difficulty levels should make it into the vanilla game in 3.06 or an expansion (along with the common weapon-esque new brigades of your DLC's). Your mods are the only ones that can convince me to actually play HOI3 in SP so I will be sure to pick this one up when it comes out!

Better make the Jap AI and units killer hard to deal with! And make sure to make fortress Europe a hard nut to crack. Cheat with events (free locked in place GAR and forts) and what-not to make it so no-matter-what.
    Top 5 wish list:

1) Make DOWs and naval combats default pop-up messages. Add a separate air vs. naval bmbing pop-up message.
    2) Upgradable Soviet Guards (and elite MEC+ARM units)
    3) Limit GOI's
    4) Improve forts, engineer construction missions to get in line with the rest of the detail in the game.
    5) Dissent/threat hit for refusing trade of surplus resources when one/both of the parties are at peace to avoid resource starving pre-war strategies in MP.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

DD, if you could (and for DIG), could you make jet units separate units as opposed to upgrades for normal units? I know it might make the game more like ICE, but it is something I would really like to see!
    HOI3 Historia Wargoal Mod - Try the Historia Wargoal Mod by Yuni. It adds proper wargoals and creates postwar borders!

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourIron CrossSemper Fi

A Million dollar question:

Will I be able to play Germany against this "Awakening of the Giant"?
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in Motion
    Cities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty 2
    Victoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Exupéry View Post
    A Million dollar question:

Will I be able to play Germany against this "Awakening of the Giant"?
    Uhm, isn't that the point of the first DLC they released?

You know the one where you play as Germany?
    "A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week." - Patton

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

The DLC is USA only. You can't play other nations (well you can but a lot of stuff will be broken).

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourFor the Motherland

Quote Originally Posted by Devildread View Post
    The DLC is USA only. You can't play other nations (well you can but a lot of stuff will be broken).
    I was misunderstood, I am waiting decent US as an oponent.

So nothing...
    “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ― George Bernard Shaw

I was misunderstood, I am waiting decent US as an oponent.

So nothing...
    There is a DLC that focus on Germany though

Quote Originally Posted by Vordus View Post
    There is a DLC that focus on Germany though
    I must be talking terrible English.

Forget it guys.

Forget it guys.
    nah, I probably just missunderstood you

Semper FiVictoria 2

Forget it guys.
    Ask in French, then.

Hearts of Iron III

To really give the AI a boost, don't forget to increase its manpower and leadership along with other resources.
    'I thought we could do it without anyone getting hurt. By using our brains.'
    'Can't. History don't work like that. Blood first, then brains.'
    'Mountains of skulls,' said Truckle.
    'There's got to be a better way than fighting,' said Mr Saveloy.
    'Yep. Lots of 'em. Only none of 'em work.'

How much will the the cost of this DLC be? i dont remember how mouch gutterdamung cost as i buought it when the HoI3 collection was on -50% on steam.

Or is it too fast to talk about cost yet?

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiRome: Vae VictisWarlock: Master of the Arcane

I have bought DI:G on the first day for 4.99 € at Gamersgate, so my guess is that it will be the same price.

200k clubAchtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneLead and GoldMagickaSemper FiVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Very excited for this mod/DLC!
    Last edited by Raaritsgozilla; 15-02-2012 at 08:15.
    "C'est magnifique, mais ce n'est pas la guerre"

AARS:
    For the fern! Part Deux A New ZealandAAR Newly Updated! 10/5/10
    Land of the Long Red Cloud, A narrative New Zealand AAR Newly Updated 17/9/10
    Rebirth of an empire, A 1936 AAR Great Britain reclaims her spot at the top of the world! (Abandoned)

Semper FiVictoria 2

Next diary later this day!

Admiral of the Ocean Blue brisduv's Avatar
    200k clubHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Rome GoldSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k clubCrusader Kings II: Legacy of RomeCrusader Kings II: Sword of IslamCrusader Kings II: The Old Gods

I have zero interest in these DLC's (playing them) but it is good someone is showing how each of the nations should have been customized from day 1 of HOI3. Maybe some of the experience gained from these side projects can result in better PI in the future.
    “War is the remedy our enemies have chosen, and I say give them all they want.” - William Tecumseh Sherman

Currently reading: The Army of the Caesars - Michael Grant; Soul of the Sword - Robert L. O'Connell

Quote Originally Posted by brisduv View Post
    I have zero interest in these DLC's (playing them) but it is good someone is showing how each of the nations should have been customized from day 1 of HOI3. Maybe some of the experience gained from these side projects can result in better PI in the future.
    not really, as mentioned before, its a coding nightmare.
    you have 1 option for 2 countries. thats 2 things. you have 2 options, thats 4, you have 100, thats 200..
    now try that with all the counties in HOI
    now spend the next 1 million man hour years fixing all the cross-over bugs you would get

get the picture ?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast