• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Please, Please Devildread, make it available somewhere besides GamersGate. I purchased CWWWII and DIG from them, got CW downloaded and installed, but DIG will not download. GamersGate support told me that I needed to delete my game(!) in order for the download to work. I know, I am only out $.34, but that's not the point - I want to play it!

@KWC_PZK: not encouraging you or anything but if you've paid for it, well there are other ways of getting it downloaded if you know what i mean. I've never done it myself with hoi-III games as i have bought them via Steam. I also would appreciate it if the DLC will be downloadable in Steam!

@Devildread: You really inspired me to go on a modding spree, i have created two new events this weekend, and i plan on making an Argentina mod in Di:G style!
Any word on ETA?

Nice to see this happening!

I think your difficulty levels should make it into the vanilla game in 3.06 or an expansion (along with the common weapon-esque new brigades of your DLC's). Your mods are the only ones that can convince me to actually play HOI3 in SP so I will be sure to pick this one up when it comes out!

Better make the Jap AI and units killer hard to deal with! And make sure to make fortress Europe a hard nut to crack. Cheat with events (free locked in place GAR and forts) and what-not to make it so no-matter-what.

DD, if you could (and for DIG), could you make jet units separate units as opposed to upgrades for normal units? I know it might make the game more like ICE, but it is something I would really like to see!

A Million dollar question:

Will I be able to play Germany against this "Awakening of the Giant"?

The DLC is USA only. You can't play other nations (well you can but a lot of stuff will be broken).

To really give the AI a boost, don't forget to increase its manpower and leadership along with other resources.

How much will the the cost of this DLC be? i dont remember how mouch gutterdamung cost as i buought it when the HoI3 collection was on -50% on steam.

Or is it too fast to talk about cost yet?

Very excited for this mod/DLC!

Last edited:
I have zero interest in these DLC's (playing them) but it is good someone is showing how each of the nations should have been customized from day 1 of HOI3. Maybe some of the experience gained from these side projects can result in better PI in the future.

I have zero interest in these DLC's (playing them) but it is good someone is showing how each of the nations should have been customized from day 1 of HOI3. Maybe some of the experience gained from these side projects can result in better PI in the future.

not really, as mentioned before, its a coding nightmare.
you have 1 option for 2 countries. thats 2 things. you have 2 options, thats 4, you have 100, thats 200..
now try that with all the counties in HOI
now spend the next 1 million man hour years fixing all the cross-over bugs you would get

get the picture ? :p