• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have no plan about Philippines but why not in a patch.

Japan is improved in the core design of DI:S&S but it will be a lot better once CMP map will be finished and included.

I certainly hope that DI:S&S will use the CMP map. I assume that FtM will be patched to the CMP map before DI:S&S is released. Is DI:S&S going to use the CMP map?

Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes will include CMP map when FTM will include it. If FTM doesn't include the map in the next patch I'll make sure DI:S&S use it. :)

Here some extra candy for the week end.

Someone asked about glider units, here they are. This division is fully paradropable but beware of the fuel stock, if you don't support your tanks with transport planes or capture a port, you might see this division blocked.

Looks great! Tho i never can really agree on airborne armor as they were only
used in penny packets of a dozen or so and I think they should just be included
in the Airborne Support unit to give an Airborne unit a tough core for the other
regiments to be able to fight with. I am really looking forward to this! Will
there be any small tweaks for any other nations or just the US?

Thanks Devildread, very excited about the gliders! Already planning my invasion of South America, ehh i mean the liberation of Europe ;)
Edit: By the way, which program do you use to create the models (as in the unit pictures)? I would like to create authentic Dutch uniforms :).

Will you include some more marine units as well? Not only because they would differ from regular units, but also because it would look much cooler - eg if I want to assault an island with tanks, and then use blue "Marines" and then regular US army tanks.. that wouldn't feel right :D or are the armor units included in "landing vehicles"?

EDIT: I haven't really looked at the screenshot to see if anything have been changed already but a few suggestions:
- make regular "Armour" units (at least until late '44) have less hard attack, after all the US never intended the Sherman to fight tanks
- heavy armour should only be available very very late - shipping heavies over the ocean wasn't really easy, so the US never did that in big numbers, should be the same in game
- I hope armoured cars will work the same as in Götterdämmerung? (if I recall well, they give bonuses to the division there)

Last edited:
Thanks Devildread, very excited about the gliders! Already planning my invasion of South America, ehh i mean the liberation of Europe ;)
Edit: By the way, which program do you use to create the models (as in the unit pictures)? I would like to create authentic Dutch uniforms :).

I use a lot of different ones. 3ds MAX, Daz Studio, Photoshop, Paint.net, Carrara, Vue, ZBrush etc. :)

Naval warfare in HoI3 is (still) useless junk, so I am not going to waste more money on DLCs.

Vordus the other sprite packs work fine with DIG but not the latest mega german sprite pack...i don't know yeahh maybe its my fault..i have tried it several times...but ok its not so big deal....:)

people use sprites in HOI3? well i tryly didn't relaise that actually worked out (i always get sick of not seeing the NATO counters)

its "vehicle" not "vehicule" ;)

otherwise.. cant wait :D

Haha yeah. I will make a patch ASAP once released. I'm sure there are a lot of little bugs like that. Sadly we don't have a dedicated beta team so we have to rely on customer's feedback.