+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes - Developer Diary 1

I just hope the Pacific is gonna be fun, doubt Japan will take many islands though

Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Semper FiVictoria 2

I have no plan about Philippines but why not in a patch.

Japan is improved in the core design of DI:S&S but it will be a lot better once CMP map will be finished and included.

Quote Originally Posted by Curious View Post
    I certainly hope that DI:S&S will use the CMP map. I assume that FtM will be patched to the CMP map before DI:S&S is released. Is DI:S&S going to use the CMP map?
    Dies Irae: Stars and Stripes will include CMP map when FTM will include it. If FTM doesn't include the map in the next patch I'll make sure DI:S&S use it.

Semper FiVictoria 2

Here some extra candy for the week end.

Someone asked about glider units, here they are. This division is fully paradropable but beware of the fuel stock, if you don't support your tanks with transport planes or capture a port, you might see this division blocked.

Looks great! Tho i never can really agree on airborne armor as they were only
    used in penny packets of a dozen or so and I think they should just be included
    in the Airborne Support unit to give an Airborne unit a tough core for the other
    regiments to be able to fight with. I am really looking forward to this! Will
    there be any small tweaks for any other nations or just the US?

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations
    CK2: Holy KnightEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderCrusader Kings II: Charlemagne

Devs ...don't forget to make the DLC fully compatible with the sprite packs....DIG isn't compatible with the mega german sprites pack....at least my game isn't...
    " ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - COME AND GET THEM King Leonidas , Thermopylae , 480 BC "

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

EU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis

Nice DD, i will show my support and pick this up when they release it on steam.

Quote Originally Posted by princeseth View Post
    Devs ...don't forget to make the DLC fully compatible with the sprite packs....DIG isn't compatible with the mega german sprites pack....at least my game isn't...
    I think it should be, are you sure you did it correct?

For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

Thanks Devildread, very excited about the gliders! Already planning my invasion of South America, ehh i mean the liberation of Europe
    Edit: By the way, which program do you use to create the models (as in the unit pictures)? I would like to create authentic Dutch uniforms .
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. - Napoleon Bonaparte

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneLeviathan: Warships
    MagickaMarch of the EaglesSemper FiVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

DD, could you add motorised artillery? That way you can add artillery to motorised divisions without haing to use self-propelled.
    HOI3 Historia Wargoal Mod - Try the Historia Wargoal Mod by Yuni. It adds proper wargoals and creates postwar borders!

Will you include some more marine units as well? Not only because they would differ from regular units, but also because it would look much cooler - eg if I want to assault an island with tanks, and then use blue "Marines" and then regular US army tanks.. that wouldn't feel right or are the armor units included in "landing vehicles"?

EDIT: I haven't really looked at the screenshot to see if anything have been changed already but a few suggestions:
    - make regular "Armour" units (at least until late '44) have less hard attack, after all the US never intended the Sherman to fight tanks
    - heavy armour should only be available very very late - shipping heavies over the ocean wasn't really easy, so the US never did that in big numbers, should be the same in game
    - I hope armoured cars will work the same as in Götterdämmerung? (if I recall well, they give bonuses to the division there)
    Last edited by alex0809; 11-02-2012 at 13:25.

Paradox mercenary artist Danevang's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineThe Kings Crusade
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandV2 BetaCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by nHenkpas View Post
    Thanks Devildread, very excited about the gliders! Already planning my invasion of South America, ehh i mean the liberation of Europe
    Edit: By the way, which program do you use to create the models (as in the unit pictures)? I would like to create authentic Dutch uniforms .
    I use a lot of different ones. 3ds MAX, Daz Studio, Photoshop, Paint.net, Carrara, Vue, ZBrush etc.
    I've got nothing to say, but it's okay.

Hearts of Iron III500k club

Blog Entries
    Naval warfare in HoI3 is (still) useless junk, so I am not going to waste more money on DLCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Centurion1973 View Post
    Naval warfare in HoI3 is (still) useless junk, so I am not going to waste more money on DLCs.
    , I enjoy it . I suppose my imagination is quite high though.

Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    Divine WindFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionNaval War: Arctic CircleSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Supreme Ruler: Cold WarVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessPride of Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Vordus View Post
    I think it should be, are you sure you did it correct?
    Vordus the other sprite packs work fine with DIG but not the latest mega german sprite pack...i don't know yeahh maybe its my fault..i have tried it several times...but ok its not so big deal....

" Favourite HOI 3 Mods : DiDay's ICE / Francesco's Models Mod / Francesco's Counters Mod / Chromo's Widescreen Mod "

" Favourite Darkest Hour Mods : Arms Armistice & Revolutions / Kazoo's Skiff Style Icons / World In Flames II "

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by princeseth View Post
    Vordus the other sprite packs work fine with DIG but not the latest mega german sprite pack...i don't know yeahh maybe its my fault..i have tried it several times...but ok its not so big deal....
    people use sprites in HOI3? well i tryly didn't relaise that actually worked out (i always get sick of not seeing the NATO counters)

Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    people use sprites in HOI3? well i tryly didn't relaise that actually worked out (i always get sick of not seeing the NATO counters)
    hehe its just a matter of taste....i never use counters my self....

Do we have an ETA for release?

Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by a4rino View Post
    Do we have an ETA for release?
    anywhere from 5 -11 dev daires away

(helpful i know)

Quote Originally Posted by Devildread View Post
    its "vehicle" not "vehicule"

otherwise.. cant wait

Semper FiVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mabs View Post
    its "vehicle" not "vehicule"

otherwise.. cant wait
    Haha yeah. I will make a patch ASAP once released. I'm sure there are a lot of little bugs like that. Sadly we don't have a dedicated beta team so we have to rely on customer's feedback.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast