• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hardly a historical game heh. Considering everyone is at war, super heavy armor won´t be used at all I guess.

USA isn't at war though. And if you like ahistorical games this one won't disappoint you ;)

Pushing into Russia, in winter, when you already have supply problems on the French front? Can your logistics handle this?

The supply problems on the western front is due to my complete air superiority and logistical bombings. The Soviet Union doesn't have either... Speaking of weather, it seems like it has 0 effect on logistics.

Yes it does, but it seems it has the same effect on both defenders and attackers? Only prolonging the fight but not really making it harder for the attacker.
The attacker usually has a lower combat efficiency, so weather will make his life a bit more difficult due to relativity, but in principle you are right - it isn't a big deal. Moreover, winter never lasts long in HOI3, so weather modifiers will disappear much sooner than you might think.

The attacker usually has a lower combat efficiency, so weather will make his life a bit more difficult due to relativity, but in principle you are right - it isn't a big deal. Moreover, winter never lasts long in HOI3, so weather modifiers will disappear much sooner than you might think.

From what I noticed, I moved slower in winter. But not much slower.

Chapter #12: A Clean Getaway

Chapter #12: Nov 39 to Jan 40

Sweden: The British troops quickly closed in and overwhelmed my force in Sweden. Sach did such a good job at this in fact that the Swedish HQs were able to escape. However, we were able to destroy ~3 Swedish divisions. Our retreat however, was very messy. The British closed fast and quickly started to over run our front lines.

Dec 30

Dec3039Sweden.jpg

Our troops stumbled over themselves trying to flee to safety. Our main tank division, the 9. Panzer Division, counter attacked over and over to keep the enemy at bay, while the paratroopers and other troops fled to safety.

Jan 8

Jan840Sweden.jpg

Amazingly, all of our troops were able to escape. There is an odd mechanic in the game that allows troops that have lost a battle to flee to a transport in an adjacent sea zone. In any case, the operation was dubbed a success. For one, the Swede's lost a fair amount of their army. More importantly though, the British were distracted, and we were able to gain the initiative in France.

Jan 11

Jan1140SwedenEscape.jpg

On Jan 8, I made a number of policy changes. This was mostly due to pressure from my allies, but also due to the fact that I was becoming concerned about our inability to make major moves in France. For one, I ordered 15 new Infantry divisions. This was a big step for me since I was very (overly) concerned about our manpower situation. Also, I called Persia into the war to put added pressure on the British.

Jan 8

Jan840PersiatoWar.jpg

Despite our best efforts in Sweden, the Fins are losing their battle and will soon be taken. I have finally received the last of my expeditionary force from them. It took me a long time to figure out how that worked. :confused:

Jan 8

Jan840Finland.jpg

In France, we have re-taken the initiative. The French-British push has been pushed back and we are reorganizing for a major offensive.

Jan 8

Jan840France.jpg

The Russian front continues to go well, with even more russian troop captured. It is still a long ways to Moscow, but there is almost nothing in our way.

Jan 8

Jan840Latvia.jpg

I don't know exactly how this happened, but Latvia and Estonia somehow gained their independence. At least they were smart enough to join the side of Der Fuhrer!

Jan 23

Jan2340LatviaEstoniaFinland.jpg

Last edited:
It is nice you have shown the screenshot where my sub asked if he could invade switzerland. Did he really ask you for permission? :D

Oh he asked me for permission allright. The only problem was that he ignored me when he got the answer that he didn't want.

Yeah but it looks like he asked JD for permission too

Just caught up on this. Really interesting... It makes me wonder if you would need 2 players on Soviets. 1 human player against 4 (Japan on the east, German eatern player, Romania, Italy not at war with allies) is just too much for 1 person to handle. I'm not sure the encirclements are the russian players lack of skill or lack of time to be everywhere at once.

Anyway, if the russians can hold until the US enters the war, the allies might pull this off.

Interesting to see france still in the game, never seen that before. As time roles on and they catch up tech wise they could add another GP the axis have to fight.

Following with interest!

It's both + defeatist attitude.

Stalin should give him some lashes then lol.

One question - did you activate both the Blitzkrieg and Destiny decisions already? Because if you don´t manage to bring either France or SU down, once the bonuses wear off you will be in serious trouble. Many people underestimate how potent those decisions are. When US will be alllowed to join? Also, why UK haven´t sent it´s carrier fleet to block your retreat from Sweden? How many naval bombers you have?

Stalin should give him some lashes then lol.

One question - did you activate both the Blitzkrieg and Destiny decisions already? Because if you don´t manage to bring either France or SU down, once the bonuses wear off you will be in serious trouble. Many people underestimate how potent those decisions are. When US will be alllowed to join? Also, why UK haven´t sent it´s carrier fleet to block your retreat from Sweden? How many naval bombers you have?

I'm the UK player and I don't really remember when he activated his decisions.

"When Japan wants to declare war on a Major power except Soviet Union, they need to attack USA too. USA can't join Allies or declare war on a country before 1942."
-rule from the first page

Control of Copenhagen blocks the Öresund strait from all enemies so it simply isn't possible. Also, taking Copenhagen as UK is extremely risky, hard and I would probably lose it soon after I did anyway (for several reasons, one being how the sea-zones look there)

I'm the UK player and I don't really remember when he activated his decisions.

Oh sorry I was confused since everyone is posting their situations and forgot who was whom heh.

He activated Blitzkrieg in May, check page 3 or 4. Once the bonus wears off, you will have a much better chance of counter-attacking. Do you have any armored divisions? Forgot about the Oresund, indeed there was nothing you could have done.

Pity the US will take so long to join, but to be honest I think the Axis team will only win if SU falls (which seems it might happen). With the crap leadership and officer ratio SU has in 1939 they indeed have lots of trouble with early offensives.

Status
Not open for further replies.