• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but better Italian than Danish :p

As an aside, I was against all Skovbjergs above plans. I felt they would drag the USA in too early for us to handle.

But rather Danish than British though.

now your just being cowardly my Italian-British nemisis, we cant all depend on our big neighbours to save our arses when the allies come :p

Yes, that must be why there are so many more Danish than English speakers in the world.

Our game has turned out rather the opposite way so far. Historical fidelity has gone right out the window.

of course there is, they just dont know it :O

Well, our game turned quite unhistorical when we picked an Incompotent Italian leader..... oh wait, that did happen...

After an emergency meeting with my pretend generals, we agreed that the best tactic to use here was ‘Select all + right click’.

Your generals and mine must have graduated from the same military academy

As you can see, our planning sessions and just about every other session we had were quite 'lively'. Particularly when the subject of the Danes came up.

In other words, you plan to invade Burma, the Malaya, all US Pacific islands, the West Coast and the Panama Canal. You are a very ambitious man ;)

Indeed! When news of this hit Germany, both Hall and I quickly went to ask the Emperor if he had really thought this through. Apparently, he had. As it turns out, his "plans" would come to help us in this most unpredictable scenario. However, at the time Hall and I were shaking our heads and trying to figure out if the Emperor was either brilliant, or just nuts.

Last edited:
if you can pull of the invasion of the mainland you can cut all support to Europe, however if you take too long to hit LA the axis is doomed.

Well LA is gonna be next on the list after Honolulu :p

god, why did i switch from Venezuela to Usa, now i feel i need to start spamming troops in LA D= (Or hawaii)

oh come now Wallinator, USA got way more oil than Venezuela :p

Its called good espionage.
He was infact so successful in his espionage that the Japanese High Command thought it was safe to post their plans on a forum available for all to see :D

Arr the Emperor was told the crayons was invisible to enemies :( how shamefull.. i must commit seppuku...

Non the less time will tell if Wallinator can stop the Japanese Highly mobile forces :p

D=, IJN is still around, altough i probaly got that outproduced in a few years, once i got this mess called USA reigned by AI+strange player fixed.
(Not a single cav tech researched, building BC's etc)

Chapter #5: War!

Chapter #5: Jan 1939 to May 1939

Human Players: *UK, USSR, *USA, *Germany, Italy, Japan, France, Romania, Canada, Venezuela, Finland, Nat Spain
* = co-op

With the start of the new year, the option to take Memel came up. Lithuania never stood a chance.

91OptionsJan11939.jpg

92MemelJan21939.jpg

Later in January, our most secret and prized invention came to us, RADAR! After deliberation I thought it wisest to place it in Bitburg. There was an airfield there to protect it and it was unlikely to be invaded. Also, it granted good coverage over Britain, France, the lowlands and even Germany. Immediately we began producing AA guns to protect our 'eyes & ears'.

93RADARinBitburgJan201939.jpg

February brought additional troops, including almost half of our panzer divisions. We knew that we were going to war, it was a question of when. Well, why not make it so there is no question. Lets do it when WE decide. After conferring with my allies, we decided that we would quickly erase France, and then immediately attack Russia. We could catch them off guard and possibly win before the other Allies could respond. It could not be determined if any spies heard of our talks, but Canada must have determined the Axis a threat because on February 26th they joined the allies:

94CanadatoAlliesFeb261939.jpg

Canada would come to regret that decision, for certain.

By late march our RADAR facilities were fully constructed. Look at the beautiful show they put on for us:

95RADARCoverageMarch201939.jpg

With our Panzers in play, our RADAR in play, and our positions set for the take over of Denmark, Germany was ready to take the world stage. And ultimately, I (Der Fuhrer) would take it all for me!

96MolRibAcceptedApril21939.jpg

97MolRibPactApril21939.jpg

Still there was some maneuvering that had to be done. Also, our 'weaker' allies were not quite ready for war. Not that that mattered much. However, we decided to hold off until May 1st. After news of this reached Helsinki, Finland was desperate... They did not want to become a 'protectorate' of Mother Russia. They sent diplomats to Berlin, seeking membership in the Axis.

98FinlandwantstoJoinApril111939.jpg

Still, we held off inviting them for now. It would not serve to show the world that the Fuhrer just does what anyone else asks of him!

Finally, May 1st arrived:

99DanzigorWarMay11939.jpg

War! Almost immediately, war was declared on Denmark with the hopes of taking it quickly before the allies could react! Fortunately our Tranport planes were ready, with Paratroopers. Also, Panzer divisions and troops were in place. The Paratroopers main job was to keep the Swedish out of Denmark!

GermanTransportPlaneMay11939.jpg

ItalianTranportPlaneMay11939.jpg

And here is a map of Europe on May 1st, at the outbreak of war:

OurSetUpMay11939.jpg

So far so good. I have a Marine division on a transport fleet in Kiel along with my BC fleet. I had seen at least one British Carrier fleet patrolling around Sweden. It had been based there for some time. (Thank you RADAR!) For this I had a unit of NAV bombers with a MR attached and a full unit of 4 x interceptors. I also had a unit with 3 x CAS to either support the ground or to go after fleets that interfered.

You can see that the Romanians are prepping to take Yugoslavia. The plan had them taking Yugoslavia before the fall of France.

Next Chapter: How wrong we can be. :eek:

Of course, the Fuhrer is never wrong. He is only testing you to see if you can keep up with the changes to his plan. :D

Last edited:
1939 started well for Italy, with a New Years gift from Albania; itself.

2012-02-25_00008.jpg

Plans were quickly drawn up for invasions of both Greece and Yugoslavia, utilising this newest part of the fledgling Italian Empire. Yugoslavia was to be shared with Romania, which was looking for further expansion. No Italian troops were moved in just yet though, ever wary of British Intelligence spying on our deployments. Those bastards.

In early April, the RN Vittorio Veneto, pride of the Regia Marina and probably the most advanced battleship in the world, finished her trial runs. The Vittorio sailed to become flagship of the 3rd Battlefleet, which was docked at Venice at the time.

2012-02-25_00010.jpg

Mere days later, this was followed by good news for the Air Force, with our fighter technology and pilot training coming along leaps and bounds.

2012-02-25_00011.jpg

These developments came at a time when Uncle Adolf was stepping up his rhetoric about Danzig being part of the German Reich. Then, on May the 1st 1939, came the announcement that shocked the world. And me. Even though I knew it was coming.

2012-02-25_00012.jpg

Italian High Command immediately began to panic.

Chapter #5 Addendum: Spanish Expeditionary Force

In January the German High Command reviewed the situation in the Med. There was an obvious opportunity to take and hold the Med by capturing Gibraltar. To this end an expeditionary force was created. To quiet those with doubts, it was decided that even if the expeditionary force could not be used to take Gibraltar, a sizable force in Spain could be used to attack France from the south. A quick victory over France was needed for the 'Grand Plans of the Axis.

SpanishExpedForceMar2039.jpg

The plan was simple for the Germans and the rest of the Axis:

1) Take Denmark
2) Divide the Polish army and destroy several Armies
3) Hold the Polish at bay while the bulk of our army defeats France
4) Finish off the Polish and immediately declare war on the USSR, taking them by surprise
5) With the Fall of France, the other members of the Axis would declare war on the Allies
6) Japan would declare war on the USA, executing that most brilliant plan outlined previously

To do this I decided to declare war before mobilizing, to catch the allies by surprise. From the responses I got, it worked.

'The best laid plans of mice and men...'

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.