• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd let Finland join asap. It actually might stop the Winter War from triggering, and if so, that means a great spot to deploy from to take Leningrad nice and fast.

It might block the gulf of finland modifier for Russia, which is a really nice modifier for any nation (especially germany, +20% rares :p.)
I joined the allies btw because a. i was in the allied corner and b. I would serve as a 2 week distraction for the allies because i can't field much troops for my 2 vp provinces..

Oouu... Have missed this one. Interesting. Will follow!

Edit: Interesting with such an early start. We have discussed to try it, but I have voted against it, saying it's too random and unballanced. That said - I haven't tried it, so this will be great to follow and to learn from.

Did you guys use the non-neutrality "function" in FTM to start wars that early or did you mod the game?

Hello! I’m Hall, and for the purposes of this AAR, I am also Italy. I’ve never played Italy before, so my part in this war will probably be short, but my demise might at least provide any readers some amusement.

Looking at our situation after the game started in January 1936, it seems that the Italians consider science as something that happens to other people. I don’t have the luxury of spare leadership, so most of our technological research was directed in a fairly boring manner to Infantry equipment and doctrines. At sea, scientists were slapped for suggesting aircraft carrier research, and poked towards improving our battleships and destroyers. In the air....well surprisingly, Italy’s fighter aircraft technology was fairly up to date, so I only invested one leadership point to keep these current.

For production, I immediately ordered the construction of a new battleship for the Regia Marina. This was simply to provide jobs for our employed dock workers, and not at all a symbol of aggressive intention towards the British, whom we love and admire. Those bastards.

Modern infantry divisions with heavy artillery support began training, a wing of Interceptors was ordered, and I began the long process of upgrading our stacks of militia divisions into something actually useful.
About this time, I remembered that we were at war with Ethiopia.

After an emergency meeting with my pretend generals, we agreed that the best tactic to use here was ‘Select all + right click’.

2012-02-11_00001.jpg

Yes, I know it’s neither exciting nor elegant, but I was in a rush. Victory came fairly swiftly, and we were in possession of Ethiopia’s vast supplies of....nothing. So I made them Italy’s puppet and now intend to ignore them for the rest of the game.

The rest of the first session was mainly spent reorganising the Italian Order of Battle. The Spanish civil war and invasion of Portugal was covered by JD, so I won’t repeat that here. Only one major tech arrived in this time period, giving us access to a new unit.

2012-02-18_00004.jpg

If you do include Finland in the Axis, isn't it possible that will drag you into the Winter War?

I'd let Finland join asap. It actually might stop the Winter War from triggering, and if so, that means a great spot to deploy from to take Leningrad nice and fast.

It might block the gulf of finland modifier for Russia, which is a really nice modifier for any nation (especially germany, +20% rares :p.)
I joined the allies btw because a. i was in the allied corner and b. I would serve as a 2 week distraction for the allies because i can't field much troops for my 2 vp provinces..

Yes, there is much to be concerned about here. Obviously Russsia and probably Sweden can both crush Finland given the chance. However, I really did not want to just give the Gulf of Finland modifier to Pirro. My plan at this point was to keep Finland out of the axis until there was a 'safe' time to bring them in. However, Evanissimo seemed a good guy and wanted to join the axis.

We are now a little ways into the war, and I can tell you that this Finland issue, and many other things become very messy!

Oouu... Have missed this one. Interesting. Will follow!

Edit: Interesting with such an early start. We have discussed to try it, but I have voted against it, saying it's too random and unballanced. That said - I haven't tried it, so this will be great to follow and to learn from.

Very good to see you on board CptEasy!

We are a little ways into the war now and I can say for certain that this sort of game is very unpredictable. However, not always unbalanced. Well, I guess that depends on your definition of the word 'unbalanced' and what you put it in context to. As you will see things become very messy in this game, but there is some great game play on all sides.

Long Live the Emperor!​

japan-rising-sun-flag-5-x-3-2376-p.gif

Well, since italy got around to making a post pre-war i figured i better do the same.

Basicly throughout 1936-1938 february nothing interesting happened in Japan, other than celebrating the Emperors birthday every second day, and making guns and butter the other days.

only exception was when the Shanxi leader declined the Emperors personel invitation to celebrate his 100th birthday of the year. This to no ones suprise lead to a war between the two countries, Fortunately the Japanese armies were accidently deployed at the Shanxi border, so the Japanese begun an offensive into Shanxi before the Chinese got a chance to reorganize..

However, due to Nat china and Communist china not recieving an invitation to said 100th birthday party, both decided to aid Shanxi in fighting the Imperial japanese armies. in response to this this the Emperor and the General staff all agreed to quickly mobilize the extremely mobile forces and begin attacking the Nat Chinese homeland.

around the 15th-20th July said troops begun amphibious landings all across the Shandong region, (not sure if its called that or not) Where the Japanese Extremely mobile forces quickly found Victory for his Imperial Emperor., the Perfect 111th birthday present.
2012-02-18_00001.jpg

on the 16th of August the Shanxi Aggressors finaly surrendered unconditionally to the Imperial army of Japan.. now surely the Nat Chinese and Communist chinese would follow their Shanxi brothers and end this war?, However.. not so much. So fighting continued inside Shanxi
2012-02-18_00002.jpg

In September or October the Extremely mobile army and the Infantry from Shanxi linked up forming a direct front with the Nat chinese and the Communist chinese being held at bay and such.
2012-02-18_00004.jpg

The Sino-Chinese war ended on the 30th of November, with utter Japanese succes, the extremely mobile Army was revered all across Japan and all the kids wished to work in such a army...

But his imperial Emperor wanted ships, not extremely Mobile troops.

Long live the Emperor​
----------------------
i' forgot to take screenshots alot of the time since there was very little happening :p and well the stuff in europe is no concern of Japan non the less :p

Chapter #4: Germany and the UK 'set the stage'

Chapter #4: Feb 1938 to Dec 1938

Human Players: *UK, USSR, *USA, *Germany, Italy, Japan, France, Romania, Canada, Venezuela, Finland, Nat Spain * = co-op

So far in the game Axis aggression has been not only successful, but also very beneficial to our cause. The allies have done little to stop us. That said, we determined that it would be best to keep an eye on the allies.

On June 16th 1938, a break through by German scientists gave us just the tools we would need for this. RADAR. Immediately, construction was started on 10 of them.

1RADARJune161938.jpg

th_2RADARContructionJune171938.jpg

Things were quiet in Europe during the first 9 months of 1938. Germany continued to build its army and air force as well as sub fleet. Research was began on all sorts of things 'land warfare' related, such as infantry, tanks, artillery, and doctrines. Also, a couple Multi Role fighter wings were put into production.

On October 1st, Finland finally accepted that Germany was where they wanted to be, and was willing to join the Axis.

3FinalandcanjoinOct21938.jpg

Finland was in a tough position, with Allied Sweden (LinusNeuman) on one side and Russia (Pirro) on the other. We thought it best that they stay neutral for now. At least until we can send them some aid.

On October 2nd the long awaited 'First Vienna Award' kicked in.

4FirstViennaAwardOct21938.jpg

Britain then put a GOI on Poland.

5PolandLaterGOIlaterOct21938.jpg

Why? A very valid question. Probably just to piss us off.

However, Slovakia noticed the increased British aggression and joined with us.

6SlovakiaaddedtoAxisOct31938.jpg

From here, the chips just start falling...

November 17th, 1938:

7AustraliatoAlliesNov171938.jpg

December 10th, 1938:

9NetherlandsMobilizesDec101938.jpg

FYI: Also, at some point in December or January France mobilized. (I missed the screen shot) This, and the Netherlands mobilization would prove significant in the later months.

Map of Europe in December 1939:

8MapofEuropeinDec1938.jpg

Germany is now feeling confident. However, we are concerned about Denmark at this point. What if the Swedish try to defend Copenhagen? They could easily move troops over and our ships could not move in to stop them. Holding Copenhagen is easy, once you already have it. And without Denmark and Copenhagen, all of northern Germany would be exposed to the British!

We did have some plans to deal with this. I had built Para divisions and a transport plane. Also we had a div of Marines, a BC fleet with 3 BCs, and three tank divs at the Denmark border. I hoped this would be enough if the Swedish tried in earnest to stop us.

Next Chapter: War!

Last edited:
The player on France must feel pretty in a bit of a pinch... Having 3 fronts that s/he needs to defend on or atleast keep an eye on.

that movement of 1 for garrison troops must be very helpfull in keeping you "extremely mobile army" very 'extremely mobile" or not. lol
i like your individual writing styles, although i hope to see more immersion in your roles of "fuhrer of the 3rd reich, duce of italia and shogun of the empire of the rising sun" respectively.

regardless of the small flaws i'm impressed and i have high hopes for what this AAR can achieve.
consider this subscription.

1938 was much more interesting for the Italians, as the armed forces began to take shape. Not a good shape, but a fairly substantial if flimsy shape. Like a rhombus.

Anyway, in April the Regia Marina received its’ first major reinforcement, the RN Littorio.

Littorio.jpg

Another battleship was immediately ordered, designed to utilise our state of the art technology, and another group of Militia brigades were sent for retraining, this time into Marines. Garrisons were also being raised to hold important locations, freeing up our infantry divisions for front line duties.

2012-02-25_00003.jpg

Said infantry was divided between the French and Yugoslav borders. This was purely a defensive measure, of course. You never know when those dastardly Yugoslavs will force you to invade them.

Our technologies continued to progress, upgrading our troops to somewhere between rubbish and incompetent.

2012-02-25_00004.jpg

2012-02-25_00006.jpg

There was also the small matter of the British and French guaranteeing the independence of Poland, apparently worried about ‘German aggression’. I’m sure the Germans will find a way to resolve this issue peaceably.

Operation: True Overlord!
Screenshot2011-01-31at2152.jpg

As now China had fallen the Emperors birthday's could continue indefinetly, however while all of China and Japan now celebrated the Emperors Birthday every second day, however the Britishers, Americans and well Indians had yet to fall into line of the Emperors birthday celebrations.. Therefor the almighty Emperor orderd preperations to be made for spreading the message of Presents, Cake and candy for the almighty emperor of Japan!

The gravest sinners in this case was the Americans and the British empire, daring to call them selves an empire even though clearly not being a part of Japan is outragous,

Now his Almighty Imperial emperor begun along side his servants and some very fortunate and favoured sons of Japan, begun planning how to spread the message.. ofcourse not on the day of the almighty emperors 130th Birthday of the year... instead it was the day for guns and butter production in the cities..

The almighty Emperor, believed in a simple principle of war.. Island hopping! or NavBlitz..

To counter the American lack of worship of the Emperor, the Japanese forces would rapidly be ordered to take care of American naval and Air bases in the Pacific..

------ Maps drawn my the Emperor him self, Him bless himself -----
Drawn by the Imperial Crayons Gifted to the Almighty Emperor by Admiral Yamamoto
------------His almighty Imperial Emperor drew this on old maps------------

Red = 1st Imperial Marine Corps.
Green = 2nd Imperial Marine Corps.
Yellow = 3rd Imperial Marine Corps.
Blue = 1,2 Imperial Army Corps.
Black = 3,4 Imperial Army Corps.
White = 4th Marine Corps
Grey-ish = 1st Honolulu Garrison Corps.

2012-03-26_00001.jpg

the First offensive would be to strike out known American air bases in the Pacific, to remove possibility of American interceptors endangering the gift convoys headed from the Islands to Tokyo.

Secondly they'd secure the Ports around the Pacific to avoid naval assets doing even more damage than the airforce could.

At the same time the Imperial Japanese 1st Army would strike at Singapore and at India, to teach the pesky brits about what empires truly are.. After which the 3rd and 4th corps will take British controlled Indonesia, again to remove naval bases from allied hands.
2012-03-26_00003.jpg

The 4th Marine corps would at the same time Strike at the Capital of the Phillipines and secure the regions neighbouring their respective capital, to yet again secure all Airbases.

As Honolulu and the Majority of the Pacific islands would be secured, the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Marine Corps would begin prepping for an Invasion of the Heathen lands, and force them to send presents to his Almighty Emperor..

2012-03-26_00004.jpg

The initial Invasion would be for the 1st Marine corps, which would land in LA and San Diego (along with connecting regions.)

then 2nd Marine corps will rebase to San Diego and sail south along the Middle American coast lines, from where it will Invade the little state of Panama, from where they will then move to sieze the Panama canal, cutting the American shortcut to Imperial Japan.

3rd would then do either A support the 1st Marine corps and spread out, or B sail further north along the coast and secure San Fransisco.

----1st Corps operational plan----
stage 1
2012-03-26_00005.jpg

well land...
stage 2
2012-03-26_00006.jpg

Spread out and Secure area for Almighty emperor!

Plans are in Motion and the clock is ticking, Japanese tolorance is at an end

Long live the almighty emperors Crayon power!

In other words, you plan to invade Burma, the Malaya, all US Pacific islands, the West Coast and the Panama Canal. You are a very ambitious man ;)

Well, the Emperor needs his presents, no? =p

We prefer to call him 'special'.

Oi you, well i suppose its better to be special than being italian :p

Status
Not open for further replies.