+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: (MOD) EU3 Plus

Played around with this mod as Nicaea, it's a very interesting variation on EU3's mechanics. It's a lot more difficult for me than vanilla without being frustrating, but that makes being able to fulfill goals like restoring the Byzantine Empire feel like actual accomplishments. Fun mod, will be following it in the future!

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

So, I've been lurking/following the SA thread for a few months now, and I can't overstate just how awesome your Paradox LPs (and the mods that follow) are. One of these days I'll finally get myself an account so I can be a part of this stuff.

This mod has given me probably the best games of EU3 I've ever played. It's kind of weird, actually. I completely suck at the base game, even with "easy mode" countries like France or Castile, but with this mod I can do just fine for all of its purported difficulty. My first al-Andalus game with version 1.3 was the most fun I'd ever had with EU3 up to that point, and it just keeps getting better the more updates get released and the more nations I try out. In my opinion, the lack of province assaults and the AI restraint makes conquest and nation growth much more organic, and makes warfare a more interesting and engaging prospect on the strategic level. The only problem I have is the occasional freeze every few decades in-game, and weird, seemingly unfinished labels for certain things (such as the "variable power_status" for the power modifiers, or "variable vassal_power" for the Rebellious Vassals modifier). Ultimately very minor gripes for a wholly enjoyable experience.

I am very much looking forward to future updates and what Vicky II has in store for glorious, tolerant Azerbaijan.

Project Lead (EU4) Paradox Dev Team Wiz's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband

1.10 is out. Some important bugfixes in this one. Should be save-game compatible with 1.09

1.10:
    - Fixed a typo in the Form Russian Nation decision.
    - Rebels will no longer trigger Old World Diseases.
    - Fixed a major bug in the Reformation caused by duplicate event IDs.
    - Fixed the Curacao-Caracas strait to work properly.
    - Papagan culture will now actually appear as Papagan culture.
    - Forming Netherlands will now give a core on Utrecht.
    AzeriEU3 1.10 (FileFront)
    AzeriEU3 1.10 (MediaFire)

This mod is pretty amazing and I've had tons of fun with it. The only bad thing is that there is only an alternate history scenario and no 'real history' scenario which is a bit of a shame, but I realize that it'd be a huge pain in the ass to create.

Yeah, by far the worst thing about Wizmod is how crappy it makes the base game look by comparison. The AI and gameplay improvements are huge and even something as minor as the government system and leader titles makes a big difference. It's nice to be able to be an administrative or merchant republic outside of the HRE without having to be an italian doge.

e: Is it now completely impossible to change your capital? And, therefore, completely impossible to culture shift?
    Last edited by Cerbo; 10-02-2012 at 03:06.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus Vult
    East India CompanyEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeSengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness

Yeah, but I will adding a new way to change capitals.

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

hey, the filefront mirror seems to be down
    Future CKII expansion: The Americas, 1000 AD

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

Anyhow this mod is pretty darned cool and it should be merged with miscmods and death and taxes and then I would never stop playing and I would lose my job and my apartment, so I hope nothing so awesome ever happens

ooh, also those mods need expanded Africa and such
    Future CKII expansion: The Americas, 1000 AD

Minor bug; the Swedish mission to conquer Estonia requires them to conquer Livland and Estland but gives them temporary claims on Estland and Ösel.

Any reason cultural decisions are disabled?

Recruit
    Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided

Quote Originally Posted by renegade765 View Post
    Any reason cultural decisions are disabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    - Revamped advisors and cultural tradition that make all advisors useful and removes the ability to keep 3 6-star advisors at all times.
    At least that's what I'm guessing.

Correct. Culture is much too easy to get in vanilla by just spamming magistrates.

Should be save-game compatible.

1.11:
    - Removed legitimacy loss from Mandate of Heaven.
    - Mandate of Heaven will no longer be lost if there are other Chinese states that are your vassals or union juniors.
    - Cabinet will now reduce a moderate amount of badboy.
    - Sweden now starts with cores on Finland to improve their chances of survival a bit.
    - Fixed some localisation errors.
    - It is now possible to move your capital through a provincial decision. The new capital must be a non-isolated core, and if your current capital is not isolated the move will cost 4 stability.
    - The AI will now always change capital to a suitable non-isolated province if their capital is isolated. A capital connected only by sea counts as isolated.
    - Fixed a bug that was causing the provincial decision alert to appear without any decisions being available to enact.
    - Changed which ports are considered eligible for early Colonial Initiative to be more consistent and less nonsensical.
    - Catholic countries with Deus Vult will now continue to get the full effects of Excommunication and Crusades even after the Reformation begins.
    - All Eastern, Western, Andalucian or Modernized Muslim tech group countries with a presence in Russia can now potentially qualify for the 'Go East Into Siberia' decision.
    - Fixed the localisation on 'Convert to Sunni' and 'Convert to Shiite'.
    - Forming France and owning all potential capitals will now give you a 'The Capital of France' event similar to 'The Capital of Germany'.
    - Fixed a bug that was causing 'The Capital of Germany' event to fire repeatedly.
    AzeriEU3 1.11 (FileFront)
    AzeriEU3 1.11 (MediaFire)

Should be save-game compatible.

1.12:
    - Electors outside the HRE will now lose Elector status even if they are the Emperor.
    - Tweaked spy chances a bit.
    - Zhen and Qing will no longer get cores on all of China until they claim the Mandate of Heaven.
    - Chinese states and pretenders will now always have the 'Unification' CB on each other.
    - Certain 'union' nations such as France, Germany, Italy, etc will now automatically remove the cores of annexed same culture group countries in their territory.
    - Fixed several bugs with the Capital of France event.
    - Fixed more localisation issues.
    - Fixed a bug that was preventing land grab events from firing.
    AzeriEU3 1.12 (FileFront)
    AzeriEU3 1.12 (MediaFire)

Should be save-game compatible with 1.10 and up.

1.13:
    - Fixed a freeze bug related to patriot rebels.
    - Added some experimental AI code to try and improve AI priorities when taking provinces (specifically, try to prevent them from creating exclaves).
    - Conditions for forming all Chinese Pretender tags are now similar.
    - Chinese Pretenders (Zhen, Qing, ChaoXian etc) will no longer become an Empire until they unify China and claim the Mandate of Heaven.
    - Overseas provinces now contribute slightly more to your naval forcelimits.
    - Fixed a problem that was preventing 'Native Assimilation' from working correctly.
    - Fixed various wrong-scope and typo bugs detected with the validator.
    - Illyria can no longer form Illyria.
    - Added a 'Turtle Ships' decision for Korea.
    AzeriEU3 1.13 (FileFront)
    AzeriEU3 1.13 (MediaFire)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Oh my stars and garters yes, I've been watching this on the SA forums and wishing I had ten bucks to spare for an account there.

For 1.13, Filefront's telling me that "The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment. Please come back later" and the Mediafire link doesn't seem to want to actually let me download the file.

FileFront has been really slow putting up files lately. The MediaFire link works fine for me.

1.13 has a slowdown issue, here is the fix:

- Removed the experimental AI province priority code as it was causing major slowdowns.
    AzeriEU3 1.14 (FileFront)
    AzeriEU3 1.14 (MediaFire)

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    Heir to the ThroneMarch of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseCrusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
    Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods

Also, you should totally go with Proposition Joe's suggestion of "Allahbama" for an Arab Lousiana colonial revolter. That is the best name.

Is it intentional that colonial powers can get missions encouraging them to completely annex NA nations in one war?
    Last edited by Cerbo; 13-02-2012 at 04:12.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast