• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

flame7926

Benevolent Imperialist
11 Badges
Mar 26, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
I am in jail, and my dad was in jail. Well, let me tell the whole story.
I started as King Malcolm of Scotland, with the extended time mod for the demo. Things were going good for a while, but then I decided to betroth one of my sons to the female heir to the northern duchy, Moray. She was the sister of the current duke, and he was unmarried. He wasn't old though, I don't know why I was thinking he wouldn't have any more children. But, he did. He had three sons. I really wanted that duchy though, so I tried assassinating his son. The first one died fine, but on the second, my assassin was found out. So, the duke hated me. He declared war to depose me. I hired some mercenaries, and was beating him, when I discovered my other duke was plotting to take my title. I only had a 50% chance of imprisoning him, so I couldn't do anything. He eventually rebelled, I went bankrupt, and he became the new king.
Now I was the earl of Gowrie, the only county I owned, my son was another earl. We started a plot to get my king title back. I tried to get the duke of Moray into it, but he wouldn't join. I eventually rebelled, while he was dealing with a rebellion, probably another in the north. I lost, and me and my son were imprisoned. I died 12 years later, having been in the oubolette or whatever its called for at least 10 of them. I was now my son, Duncan, also in jail. I am still him, 6 years later. So I have had my character in jail for 19 years, and this one will probably live for another 5 years at least, he is 40. I will loose my claim to Scotland if I don't press it, and I cant declare war from jail. I cant ransom myself, the current king wont accept it since I have a claim to his title. What should I do? I could just wait, since I arranged succession so my son gets both counties and the duchy I have, just the ducal title of the counties. He also is marrying someone with a claim to Scotland, one of the princesses. But that's boring, so is there any way to get out of jail?

What, boring? This is the most awesome story. As your son you will take back the Kingdom and become queen consort, and his children will then get back the title. Two generations, a blink of an eye.

I dont know if they will have any children, as the possibility goes down as my court gets bigger, and I have 35 people in it, but at least they are mostly old, my or my fathers generation. When they die it will clear out some. I found out you can marry people to their parents and grandparents. One of my dukes had a son then died. That son married his mother, and had a child. So, that child's grandmother and mother were the same person. I almost married one of my sons to my mother, but shes too old. My first son I had to murder, since I didnt marry him to the right person before giving him a title.

Now I excommunicated the king the day he turned 16 practically. I am marrying the twin of my gay son to the duchess of Orkney, who is my half-brother's granddaughter. Unfortunately, she wont accept the betrothal. And even though the Pope was going to say yes, he said no. So, this paragraph was a failure.

Last edited:
I think if you get upgraded to house arrest you have a higher chance of getting out via random events like i did. If you get set down even lower for asking for a better cell then your pretty much screwed lol.

I salute you for playing it through. Most people would have restarted.

I've been scheming ways to coax my recalcitrant EU II-playing friends into CK II MP.

You've given me a pitch-perfect advertisement. Thank you.

Paradox should use your story in promotional materials.

Well heres a continuation of it. My family is growing larger. I died, and now my son Henry is Duke of Albany and Earl of Straethern and Gowrie. My gay brother I imprisoned, because he tried to kill his twin. Now, because I'm so merciful, I banished him, but his wife stayed behind and became my lover. His twin dies later that year, I think I know who did it. So, I marry the legitimized bastard sister of the king. Her mother is the mother of the Duke of Moray, up north, so he is now my ally, brother-in-law. My kids will have a claim on Scotland. My one son is named Malcolm, after my grandfather. My brother John is made earl of Gowrie. Two of my cousins marry, one the gay son of a my uncle, a bishop, and one the daughter of my court chaplain. All four countries in my duchy are now tied to me instead of the king.
And again I ask, how do I vote on a proposed Kingdom law? I want higher crown authority to change inheritance laws.
And another question, would it be beneficial to plot to kill my wife, so I don't have anymore sons and a problem with gavelkind, or keep her alive so I keep the alliance with the Duke of Moray, and in case my son dies.

Well, it looks like I might be headed back to the dungeon. The Duke of Moray has one son, and one half sibling. So, I naturally try to kill his son, even though I have an alliance with him. With a 50% chance to kill, and 28% to be discovered, and 300 gold to waste, I figure why not. Well, just my luck to be discovered. Well I lost 50 piety and an alliance, but other than that I'm fine. And for good measure, I tried again at assassinating and succeeded. But my wife, the Duke's half sister, isn't heir now. Don't quite know what to do...
Now the heir is the 50-something year old sister of the father of the current duke, married to my uncle.

Heh you gotta love the randomness of Paradox games, one game is never the same as another ;)

The King died, and his 3 year old daughter is now queen. I was made regent. I am expanding my duchy, waiting to die. My son, who will have the claim on Scotland, is betrothed to the Duke of Moray's new daughter and heir hopefully. And now the Duke of Moray declared independence. I could declare too, but then it would be much harder to get Scotland back under control. I think I will just stay a vassal for now and hope he dies.

Last edited:
Awesome story. This'd make a brilliant AAR. If all CK2 games go like this, or something like this, it's gonna be bloody brilliant.

Because my son will and I hate her whole family.

Well, I assassinated the new queen, so her aunt, who was in my court, but married, is now queen. I was also found out, 10% chance, during the assassination. Guess what she did for her first move as her new queen?

I'm in jail again. I hope I die, my son will have a claim on the throne, and his betrothed is the heir to the north duchy.