• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a fairly hands-off Croatia game (trying to get a feel for courtiers and diplomacy) it seems like Harold had no problem fending off the Normans, and went on to have a stable heir and kingdom.

I'm guessing if you want a more historical game, play the post-Hastings scenario and leave the pre-Hastings to games where you want to conquer England. Though if you can beat the historical date, you are a force to be reckoned with.

All of these are the reasons why I am going to play as Harald and make the danelaw and leave maybe a few saxons to the south but slowly turn England into the dream of Ivan,Halfdan and Ubba so that all England is under viking control. Then i will play a game as the lords of Bamburgh and name every child Uthred, many will have now realised i love Bernard Cornwell's Saxons stories.

All of these are the reasons why I am going to play as Harald and make the danelaw and leave maybe a few saxons to the south but slowly turn England into the dream of Ivan,Halfdan and Ubba so that all England is under viking control. Then i will play a game as the lords of Bamburgh and name every child Uthred, many will have now realised i love Bernard Cornwell's Saxons stories.

I think Denmark starts with a claim on England. It would be more appropiate with them, also now it is not only 3 realms at war but 4 which is even more fun.