• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand all the praise the manual is getting. It's actually quite bad manual. It only tells very basic stuff and doesn't go any deeper in the game mechanics. You learned more from the tooltips in game. I really didn't learn anything new when I read it through.

But I don't mean to sound too harsh. It's nice to see a manual with more than five pages, it's not so common anymore and I am sure that there will be a CKII-wiki page with more than enough information. Really looking forward to the release day! :)

I agree. I read the entire thing and I am left very confused while trying to play the game. I'm hoping someone posts some good guides on youtube or something like that.

I am having problems with opening the manual..
wont open and I gett messages saying the file dosent work. Tried it a bunch of times, tried saving the files, tried opening them directly even tried with the spanish one but to no luck :(

I am having problems with opening the manual..
wont open and I gett messages saying the file dosent work. Tried it a bunch of times, tried saving the files, tried opening them directly even tried with the spanish one but to no luck :(

And you do have a PDF-reading program like Sumatra PDF or the like, yes?

I don't really understand all the praise the manual is getting. It's actually quite bad manual. It only tells very basic stuff and doesn't go any deeper in the game mechanics. You learned more from the tooltips in game. I really didn't learn anything new when I read it through.

But I don't mean to sound too harsh. It's nice to see a manual with more than five pages, it's not so common anymore and I am sure that there will be a CKII-wiki page with more than enough information. Really looking forward to the release day! :)

I think the big reason behind this is that most numbers are subject to balancing in various patches and stuff, but the manual needs to be written before that and thus has to be a bit vague on the numbers. Also, that's why we have tooltips...

I think the big reason behind this is that most numbers are subject to balancing in various patches and stuff, but the manual needs to be written before that and thus has to be a bit vague on the numbers. Also, that's why we have tooltips...

I think you are right. There were lots of misinformation in EU3 manual after three expansions. Maybe they should do official online manual which would update with the patches and changes. Anyway, I don't mind too much.

I'm going to be a "translate-nazi", but holy man in spanish is not "un santo", but "un hombre santo".

By the way, very good job with the manual!:)

Just wondering - will there be a 'printer-friendly' version of the manual? That is, one that leaves the graphics twiddles on the page edges out.

The reason I ask is that the present manual crashes my Kindle when I try to move to the next page. Grateful for any info.

Mike

The manuals from EU3 and HOI3 were really a lot better than this one. Really comprehensive.

The difference being that EU3 and HOI3 didn't have as extensive tutorials as CKII. So the tutorial system is expected to compensate for a reduced manual.

The difference being that EU3 and HOI3 didn't have as extensive tutorials as CKII. So the tutorial system is expected to compensate for a reduced manual.

The CK 2 in-game tutorial is far from extensive as well.

It would just be nice at this point to at least get a good in-depth strategy guide like what was released with the base EU 3 game at the time. That and the manual for the game were enough for me to start playing Paradox games without problem.

For those of you who liked the manual: thanks...those were some awful nice words. It was tremendous fun to work on this and I want to thank the Paradox staff for giving me the chance to do it! Crusader Kings I was my favorite Europa-Engine Paradox game and to have the chance to be involved with its successor was a real honor for me.

For those of you with complaints, those are all quite valid opinions as well. I'm sorry you didn't like it, thank you for being so polite in your criticism. Classiness is a characteristic so uncommon in the real world, but found in abundance on this board!

For those of you who liked the manual: thanks...those were some awful nice words. It was tremendous fun to work on this and I want to thank the Paradox staff for giving me the chance to do it! Crusader Kings I was my favorite Europa-Engine Paradox game and to have the chance to be involved with its successor was a real honor for me.

For those of you with complaints, those are all quite valid opinions as well. I'm sorry you didn't like it, thank you for being so polite in your criticism. Classiness is a characteristic so uncommon in the real world, but found in abundance on this board!

The biggest problem I saw was that the manual seemed to reference parts of the game that Paradox has public stated where removed (Like the claim title diplo action), obviously something like that is beyond your control so I don't blame you at all.

The biggest problem I saw was that the manual seemed to reference parts of the game that Paradox has public stated where removed (Like the claim title diplo action), obviously something like that is beyond your control so I don't blame you at all.

Would be nice if the diplo-claim would make it back to the game. The underworldly 5% or below to get a claim are somehow to low... A critical prestige hit would be better sometimes.

I must say that the manual for CK2 is the best yet. It's informative, well-written and has some wit, which is extremely nice in a 60-page manual. The Civilization ones were always 200 pages of extreme boredom.

Status
Not open for further replies.