+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Manual

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy KnightEU3 Collectors Edition500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Quote Originally Posted by Nekator View Post
    Very nice, should help with the week until i can actually play the game
    Agreed! Thank you PI!

A Game of DwarvesCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 Complete
    Divine WindHearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMagickaMajesty II Collection
    Penumbra - Black PlagueSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedHearts of Iron: The Card Game
    CK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

The manual mentions achievements. Will there be achievements on CK2? It works quite well with paradox games, but paradox connect is stalled it seems.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Thanks, nice to have before the big game day..

In the Spanish version, in page 5, talking about other Paradox games, it talks about Victoria III. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dotto1979 View Post
    The manual mentions achievements. Will there be achievements on CK2? It works quite well with paradox games, but paradox connect is stalled it seems.
    The steam page shows it uses steam achievements, not sure about the GG version though.
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Victoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2
    Mount & Blade: Warband

Nothing on tyranny and next to nothing on Moral Authority of the church
    Anarchist Paradoxian | Slavic Paradoxian

1 Clerk
    Nationality: Colonial Ruthenian
    Ideology: Anarchist/Pan-Slavic
    Issues: Eradication of Scarcity/Singularity
    Consciousness: -2.62 (+0.01)
    Violent Rampage Chance: 3% (-0.01)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaromir View Post
    Nothing on tyranny and next to nothing on Moral Authority of the church
    Indeed. Didnt get the chance to test yet whether creating an antipope while already excommunicated lets you fix it for free. Hope it does That'd be an amazing incentive with deep historical overtones. "Oh yeah? Well you aint MY pope anymore, bitch!"

Thank you. It gives me something to read until the release!
    IMHO CB OP. BTW PU WAD? FWIW. HTH. AFAIK YMMV. OMG WTF BBQ!

Do you like surfing game forums but wish people would stop using obscure abbreviations and gaming acronyms?
    Then my Firefox/Chrome extension ABBREX is for you!
    It automatically adds hover tooltips to abbreviations displaying their meanings on any web page you visit!

Check it out at: http://abbrex.com
    Read about it in my post here

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourMarch of the Eagles
    Rome GoldSengokuSword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Thank you!!!
    -"Valhar Morghulis", Arya Stark.

Silenciosa como una sombra,
    Ligera como una pluma,
    Rápida como una serpiente.

200k clubArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings II
    Darkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagickaVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    V2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

A very nice manual, I especially liked the last line! One thing I would have wanted to be in though is precisely what is affected by the character attributes (especially the ruler's attributes, advisors are pretty obvious since you can see how their mission efficiency differs depending on their attribute). I understand why the modifiers for traits aren't in since that might be subject to balancing, but I wouldn't guess, for instance, ruler stewardship is?
    Raph: 1 Beuraucrat
    Nationality: Swedish
    Religion: N/A
    Ideology: Communist - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are you a leftist too? Join the Red Paradoxians!
    Issues: Planned Economy/Full Citizenship
    Current Work: Student
    Cash Reserves: 0£
    Revoltrisk: 50%
    Militancy: 5 (+0.15)
    Counsciousness: 10 (+1.00)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Quote Originally Posted by Dotto1979 View Post
    There is a button for paradox connect when you press ESC ingame. But it looks like no button in the start menu.
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

200k clubCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron III
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMagickaMarch of the Eagles
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiSengokuVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight
    500k club

Now I'm waiting for a strategy guide
    Also owner of: EU 1, EU 2, EU 3 - Collector's Edition, HOI 1, HOI 2, Victoria 1, Crusader Kings 1.

Quote Originally Posted by LordStark View Post
    I have a question about some of the titles listed in the appendix. In Appendix 9.3 there is a list of minor titles that can either be awarded, or are given out automatically according to circumstances that might arise, to members of the court. An example of the former would be "Master of the Hunt", and the latter, "Regent." But there seem to be quite a few other titles in the list, that apparently can be given to the members of the court, that weren't present as an option in the demo (for example, "Court Jester" and "Keeper of the King's Swans"). Is this because it was the demo, and not the full version of the game? Or are they simply made available later in the game (i.e. through technological advancement)?
    Court Jester and Keeper of Swans are definitely present in demo. Maybe, you need to be a king to have them.

This was written by Alfred Packer? Excellent.

this does not explain any of the nuts and bolts of the game, almost no numbers at all to be found. I assume this was intended. I guess the tooltips will be enough, but I definitely see the need for a crusader kings 2 wiki which breaks down things like the effect of the learning stat on tech advancement and what moral authority actually does.

Crusader Kings IIEuropa Universalis: ChroniclesHearts of Iron IIIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of DarknessCK2: Holy Knight500k club

argh! i cannot download the pdf! i get to around 65% then adobe reader auto opens and says "there is an error with the file, data could not be saved". i wanna look at the manual now!
    Voltaire - "I would rather be ruled by one lion than by one hundred rats."

My Inkwell

The prison polity, Zenith United, in BlackBishop's Forum Game - Star Reach : The Fringe

Anyone know how to make people pass your laws?? WHat makes people vote for them?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Acesandeights View Post
    You have no clue how much I needed this
    This...oh god this.

If this game is delayed i may become....unstable

I don't really understand all the praise the manual is getting. It's actually quite bad manual. It only tells very basic stuff and doesn't go any deeper in the game mechanics. You learned more from the tooltips in game. I really didn't learn anything new when I read it through.

But I don't mean to sound too harsh. It's nice to see a manual with more than five pages, it's not so common anymore and I am sure that there will be a CKII-wiki page with more than enough information. Really looking forward to the release day!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast