+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Crusader Kings II - Manual

Quick question. Is bad boy in ck2? It must be hidden if it is?

Crusader Kings IIKing Arthur IIEuropa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2CK2: Holy Knight
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Can't wait to get to play the complete game. Thank you!
    "Life dissolves itself in death, rivers in the sea, and the known in the unknown. Knowledge is access to the unknown. Nonsense is the outcome of every possible sense." - Georges Bataille

Quote Originally Posted by RJL18 View Post
    Quick question. Is bad boy in ck2? It must be hidden if it is?
    No badboy because all your war must be justified. But be a tyan will upset your vassals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aether911 View Post
    No badboy because all your war must be justified. But be a tyan will upset your vassals.
    Cool thanks.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneLead and Gold
    MagickaMajesty 2Penumbra - Black PlagueVictoria: RevolutionsRome Gold
    Semper FiSword of the Stars IIVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by dannie View Post
    Here is something to keep you busy while waiting for the release.

The Crusader Kings II manual as PDF in four languages:

EN:Attachment 46942 FR: Attachment 46939 GE: Attachment 46940 SP: Attachment 46941
    +1

Thank you, Paradox!

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis: RomeRome: Vae Victis

Thanks!

Yes, thank you. Very nicely written too, congrats to the author.

The appendix was really helpful too but would have been nice to have all the stats and numbers relating to the traits, but it's thorough enough I guess.

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneLead and GoldVictoria: RevolutionsSword of the Stars
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of ParadiseEUIV: Res Publica

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Rogov View Post
    "The User may not change, adapt, translate, sub-let, lease,
    sell with profit, or distribute the Software, nor may he store it on a public network
    or create derivative products based on the Software or any of its parts."

Does this mean mods are forbidden?
    I believe it just means not modifying the exe file.

Hearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IIDeus Vult
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIMagicka
    Majesty II CollectionRome GoldSemper FiMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the Arcane
    Pride of Nations

yay something to do while I'm suffering from mononucleosis :s

200k clubCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneVictoria: RevolutionsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedCK2: Holy Knight
    EU3 Collectors Edition500k club

I haven't opened any of this yet, but it's quit strange that the french manual is the lightest. French is usual longer than english :S

simplest manual, probably will be the hardest paradox game. Just one question - how do you actually ally with someone? Its mentioned you can call them to arms, and you can see who they are, but where do you make alliances?

Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMajesty 2Europa Universalis: Rome
    Semper FiVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Quote Originally Posted by pharmy View Post
    simplest manual, probably will be the hardest paradox game. Just one question - how do you actually ally with someone? Its mentioned you can call them to arms, and you can see who they are, but where do you make alliances?
    Marriage between (close) family members of both sides to be allies.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis: RomeVictoria 2Rome: Vae VictisCK2: Holy Knight500k club

Nice!
    Thank you!

That's one of the reasons i check forum daily...

Quote Originally Posted by Slepowron View Post
    Marriage between (close) family members of both sides to be allies.
    Plus you can see when you are arranging marrage if it will form an alliance. This is because there is a blue flag in the corner of the potrait if the marriage will result in a marriage (you can also hover over it and see)

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the Throne
    Sword of the StarsVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Mount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

On the Frontpage there are 5 versions. A US-English and an EU-English. Where is the difference?
    If you want to always be right,
    you need to always be prepared to change your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by siis View Post
    On the Frontpage there are 5 versions. A US-English and an EU-English. Where is the difference?
    I presume for us brits and irish players !

Quote Originally Posted by Erispoe View Post
    I haven't opened any of this yet, but it's quit strange that the french manual is the lightest. French is usual longer than english :S
    After reading that I got curious about the French version. I only read the first 10 pages and the translation is not that great so far, was that translated by a native French speaker ? It doesn't look like it, it's too bad the english version is very well written.

Thanks for the manual anyway it was just a sidenote I don't want to sound like I'm complaining

Thank you! This will help me survive the long week until release

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineMarch of the EaglesEuropa Universalis: RomeSemper FiVictoria 2
    Rome: Vae Victis

I have a question about some of the titles listed in the appendix. In Appendix 9.3 there is a list of minor titles that can either be awarded, or are given out automatically according to circumstances that might arise, to members of the court. An example of the former would be "Master of the Hunt", and the latter, "Regent." But there seem to be quite a few other titles in the list, that apparently can be given to the members of the court, that weren't present as an option in the demo (for example, "Court Jester" and "Keeper of the King's Swans"). Is this because it was the demo, and not the full version of the game? Or are they simply made available later in the game (i.e. through technological advancement)?

In the manual it says:

From the Vassals button, you can raise the levy of individual vassals.
    There is no upfront fee for this: it is your vassalsí duty to provide these
    troops, but you will have to pay their monthly upkeep.

However I thought vassels paid for the upkeep of the soliders you raise from them in ck2? I am sure the mods have said this in the forum?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast