+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best African Country?

Best African Country?

What is the best country to play as if I intend to conquer all of Africa...as an African nation?
    "A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords at dawn." - Warhammer
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Arnoldson Fnordgren Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xGhost4000x View Post
    What is the best country to play as if I intend to conquer all of Africa...as an African nation?
    Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by RedRalphWiggum View Post
    Egypt.
    I honestly didn't consider that because of the large amount of land they have which isn't in Africa....good Idea though.

I'll probably use Egypt then.
    "Your words are as empty as your future. I am the vanguard of your destruction, this exchange is over." - Sovereign

Cities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    For The GloryFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneMagicka
    March of the EaglesVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper FiSengoku
    Supreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Pride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

Zulu is fun and you get sphered by the UK, which speeds up your westernization. Portugal likes to attack you for dumb reasons, like Cut Down to Size, though. It would be wise to keep your relations with them positive so they don't get free CBs from events.

It's virtually impossible to stop France or Germany from colonizing all of Western and Northern Africa as them though.

Arnoldson Fnordgren Demi Moderator RedRalphWiggum's Avatar

I honestly didn't consider that because of the large amount of land they have which isn't in Africa....good Idea though.

I'll probably use Egypt then.
    Indeed, it's kind of easy to mentally exclude them.

Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the AmericasDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindFor The GloryFor the Motherland
    Hearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineMajesty II Collection
    March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSupreme Ruler 2020Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of Darkness
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordCK2: Holy Knight500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

The cape colony is in Africa so...GB?
    I alone have the right to use my avatar!

See the proof

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Meanmanturbo View Post
    The cape colony is in Africa so...GB?
    Releasing South Africa might make for a fun game...
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzhang (譚張) View Post
    Releasing South Africa might make for a fun game...
    Was considering that as well....but might be weird to have "South Africa" spread across all of Africa.

Rome GoldVictoria 2

Yes, Egypt. If you play PDM, there are a few others I like.

Zulu, of course.

Who else?

The Sons of Shaka will claim their rightful lands (i.e. this tiny continent between Atlantic and Indian Ocean)

Was considering that as well....but might be weird to have "South Africa" spread across all of Africa.
    Especially if your territory isn't continuous, then you'd get "South African Africa"

A Game of DwarvesHoI AnthologyCities in MotionCrusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Deus VultEast India Company CollectionEuropa Universalis 3Divine WindHearts of Iron III
    Heir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In NomineKing Arthur IIThe Kings CrusadeLost Empire - Immortals
    MagickaMajesty 2March of the EaglesEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: Revolutions
    Europa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 Gold
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the RosesCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Transvaal ain't bad either, just go for the +life rating techs as fast as possible and you'll get quite a big chuck of Africa. And it'll be easy to take the Portuguese and unciv lands. Just make sure you ally Britain.
    You'll have easy time with economy once you discover the 2 gold mines from your starting provinces. (though not as easy as back in vanilla Vic2)

Commander: Conquest of the Americas

Blog Entries
    I had some epic results with militaristic Zulu.
    "Our officers of cavalry have acquired a trick of galloping at everything. They never consider the situation, never think of manoeuvring before an enemy, and never keep back or provide a reserve."

"I didnít want to change society. I wanted to give society a chance to determine if it should change itself."

"Jeszcze będzie przepięknie."

HoI AnthologyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourDeus VultEuropa Universalis 3
    EU3 CompleteDivine WindRome GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    CK2: Holy Knight500k club

Blog Entries
    I suppose I'll eventually try an Oranje game with AHD. It'll be harder with some of the gamey elements being nerfed, that's for certain.
    A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Argentina Delenda Est Tanzhang (譚張)'s Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCities in MotionCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    Deus VultEast India CompanyEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    Hearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneIron CrossMarch of the EaglesVictoria: Revolutions
    SengokuVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessRome: Vae Victis
    Mount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms event

Refusing to Play Between Dream and Reality...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puritan View Post
    I suppose I'll eventually try an Oranje game with AHD. It'll be harder with some of the gamey elements being nerfed, that's for certain.
    Transvaal is more fun IMO.
    Loyal we Began, Loyal we Remain: A History of the British Empire After the Great War
    A New Canadian Kaiserreich AAR for Darkest Hour [KR 1.5]
    Winner of: AARland Choice Awards Q1 2014

From Eagle to Phoenix: The Rebirth of the Roman Republic
    A New Roman Republic AAR for Europa Universalis IV
    Winner of: WritAAR of the Week: 08/09/2013, Weekly AAR Showcase: 13/10/2013, Best Character Writer of the Week 01/12/2013, AARland Choice Awards: Q3/4 2013

- I was Fan of the Week: 01/01/2012 and 26/05/2013 and WritAAR of the Year: 2013 ~ Proud recipient of two Kenshin Cookies ~
    - ~ More AARs avaliable at my Inkwell! (硯臺) ~ -

Crusader Kings IIEU3 CompleteDivine WindHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionPenumbra - Black PlaguePirates of Black CoveVictoria: RevolutionsSengoku
    Victoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedMount & Blade: WarbandMount & Blade: With Fire and SwordWar of the Roses
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IVWar of the Vikings

Best game Ive ever played as an African Nation was in PDM.

Super challenging and fun! I cant to try in again in PDM for AHD.
    My Pirate Mod
    Feel free to take ideas from it, or expand on it if you wish.

Iberia for PDM/APD

Quote Originally Posted by TAoD View Post
    Best game Ive ever played as an African Nation was in PDM.

Super challenging and fun! I cant to try in again in PDM for AHD.
    Who did you start as? I started as Sokoto (guessing by your borders you did too). I agree, very enjoyable. It's fun as an unciv to beat back the European menace from the coasts.

What does PDM stand for?

What does PDM stand for?
    I believe it stands for Population Demands Mod? Something like that anyway :P!

Field Marshal
    Crusader Kings IIDeus VultEU3 CompleteHeir to the ThroneVictoria: Revolutions
    Victoria 2

What does PDM stand for?
    Pop Demand Mod

it started out just modding the goods demanded by POPs. however at this point it has grown into a total overhaul of the Vic2 1836 scenario as well as every imaginable aspect of the game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast