• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe we will get the game sooner than Valentines Day? Perhaps slated is in an earler sense rather than a later sense? Wishful thinking I know, but..

I doubt it :)

At least slated is a bit more re-assuring than pencilled. Then i'd really start to worry.

Curious preordered on Steam but there is actually no mention of any preorder DLCs, hmm... will I get them?

It's there, here's the quote from the steam page:
Pre-Purchase Now and receive:

Crusader Kings Complete - the original game to play right now!
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield - 50 unique dynastic shields for the 50 most famous families of Medieval Europe
Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces - 7 new unit sprites for the Mongol culture

Last edited:
I hope this does not sound ungrateful, but I already own Crusader Kings Complete. I expect most people who are going to preorder do. What are we supposed to do with a second copy on Steam, of all places?

Gift it?

It's there, here's the quote from the steam page:
Pre-Purchase Now and receive:

Crusader Kings Complete - the original game to play right now!
Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shield - 50 unique dynastic shields for the 50 most famous families of Medieval Europe
Crusader Kings II: Mongol Faces - 7 new unit sprites for the Mongol culture

Great, I bought the game through steam app, but did not notice that.

Now, I preordered on GG when it first came available. I have the DLC listed, but do us early adopters not get a free CK: Complete to give to our peasant friends?

We do, it's exactly the same for me and it just showed up there in my game library. Now I have too many games and too little time before the CK2 release. Need to both finish my EU3 game and take CK1 for a test run :)

Pretty standard terminology in that context.

yeah, I'm being oversensitive perhaps in this instance. I forgot that everyone appears to need wriggle room these days as being able to commit to anything seems impossible. I blame politicians as they seem to have perfected the art and now it's just spread to every area of modern life.

yeah, I'm being oversensitive perhaps in this instance. I forgot that everyone appears to need wriggle room these days as being able to commit to anything seems impossible. I blame politicians as they seem to have perfected the art and now it's just spread to every area of modern life.

Which word would you prefer instead?

Which word would you prefer instead?

Neither. Just, This title will be released on 14th Feb would suffice.

It's semantics I know and perhaps it comes from living in Britain where you can't trust anything anyone says. That's my misfortune.

Anyway I really just meant it as a lighthearted comment whilst forgetting that, although this is a polycultural forum, not all fine points of language and humour will be appreciated.

Anyway I'm sorry this is off topic. I'll say no more. Can't wait till 14th Feb.

Already pre ordered on Gamersgate, I tend to avoid Steam like the plague although it has been getting better... eventually I'll get over my policy of 'Don't use Steam unless the deal is amazing or I'm forced to use it".
Either way, looking forward to the 14th.

Already pre ordered on Gamersgate, I tend to avoid Steam like the plague although it has been getting better... eventually I'll get over my policy of 'Don't use Steam unless the deal is amazing or I'm forced to use it".
Either way, looking forward to the 14th.

Exactly the same sentiment here. While Im still prepared to nuke anyone recommending Steam to me, the constant tendency of many publishers to release their games there only, makes me belive the time is coming where I`ll have to surrender and join that vermin ;).

Anyway - preordered on GG.