• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

The Argentine Republic

An announcement from President H. Yrigoyen:

We are pleased to see that the cannons of war are now silent through the Eastern Front, for too long this war has caused death and destruction, so, we salute all belligerent parts and wish them well in the upcoming settlements. Accordingly, this Government formally recognizes the Government of Petrograd as the true representative of Russia.

Like President Willson, we believe peace is the natural state of affairs between nations and we salute his efforts to not bring war to the Americas. As long as the belligerents respect Argentine rights and our decision to maintain normal relations with the rest of the world we will stand aside. But do remember that we will swiftly respond to any infamous act that tarnishes Argentine honor.

We can only hope that this conflict ends soon, since we are no strangers to it's effects at home: distortions in trade and the lack of goods, from coal to automobiles. This is a clear sign that the economic model supported by the old conservative regime only benefited them and not the people. This administration will do the upmost effort to remediate this and bring a new time of prosperity for all Argentines.

OOC: I'll get the ball rolling from my side. Also, I'm using 75AADB as my colour.

Attachments

• banderabandera.jpg
    banderabandera.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
OOC : You know, when your population gets annoyed with the war you will get hurt thanks to all these statements, while me and Germany have been seeking to sign peace with the most countries possible.

OOC: You want peace, give me every province within the empire that has Italians inside it.

OOC: Are you including your diplomatic team in that as Italians? :p

OOC : You know, when your population gets annoyed with the war you will get hurt thanks to all these statements, while me and Germany have been seeking to sign peace with the most countries possible.

OOC: I just hope you don't end up with your own Dolchstoß legend, something like "we had won all of the battles, only for our rulers to sign away all of our gains." Especially since I'm likely to be a big fat target for any such legend. Also, be careful about underestimating the feelings that have been engendered. The end of political repression in the USSR didn't exactly end in happy days for Gorby, and especially in this era, nationalism is about more than self-determination alone.

OOC: I just hope you don't end up with your own Dolchstoß legend, something like "we had won all of the battles, only for our rulers to sign away all of our gains." Especially since I'm likely to be a big fat target for any such legend. Also, be careful about underestimating the feelings that have been engendered. The end of political repression in the USSR didn't exactly end in happy days for Gorby, and especially in this era, nationalism is about more than self-determination alone.

OOC: If you fancy techincal metaphors, it's like suddenly opening a tank with high pressure gas, no matter the intentions of the opener or how he does it, he gets blown away, out of existance.

Also, I just recognized you, where's my thank you fruit basket! :mad:

OOC: Fruit basket? We're lucky just to have the basket. Tell you what, once these bolshies and monarchists get off our front lawn and we can actually reach the rest of our country again, we'll put together a nice fruit basket with ribbons and a great big pineapple on top. :p

OOC: You can have my first born if Im allowed to hang Lenin by his Gentlemen's Veg, from the Kremlin.