• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The German Empire would like to stress the important of peace between the Ottoman Empire and the Russian Provisional Government. As such, we would be willing to help the Ottoman Empire should she accept the deal set forth by the Russian Provisional Government.

Let the voices of the Georgian-Armenian people be heard!!!
We have been massacred and raped by Turks for centuries because of cultural differences. Let the death end and free us from our Turkish oppressors!

It is true that our strongest desire is for peace. There is, however, significant concern for the state of non-Muslim minorities in the Ottoman Empire, particularly the Armenians in light of the repeated failures of the Ottoman Sultanate to fulfill their obligations under the Treaty of Berlin and the questionable nature of the sultan's involvement in the Hamidian Massacres, and we believe the present state of the front lines should be reflected in the peace treaty. We are willing to withdraw our forces beyond the pre-war borders, but continue to at least require a plebiscite to determine if this region would prefer to rejoin the Ottoman Sultanate or to remain administratively a component of the Armenian lands within the Russian state. This plebiscite would be overseen by a neutral nation deemed suitable by both parties such as the United States of America or the German Empire. If this is accepted, we are willing to include the requested favorable oil treaty from the fields in Baku as well as limited reparations to compensate for the damage done by war in the Trabzon and Erzurum regions.

It is true that our strongest desire is for peace. There is, however, significant concern for the state of non-Muslim minorities in the Ottoman Empire, particularly the Armenians in light of the repeated failures of the Ottoman Sultanate to fulfill their obligations under the Treaty of Berlin and the questionable nature of the sultan's involvement in the Hamidian Massacres, and we believe the present state of the front lines should be reflected in the peace treaty. We are willing to withdraw our forces beyond the pre-war borders, but continue to at least require a plebiscite to determine if this region would prefer to rejoin the Ottoman Sultanate or to remain administratively a component of the Armenian lands within the Russian state. This plebiscite would be overseen by a neutral nation deemed suitable by both parties such as the United States of America or the German Empire. If this is accepted, we are willing to include the requested favorable oil treaty from the fields in Baku as well as limited reparations to compensate for the damage done by war in the Trabzon and Erzurum regions.
OOC: If the plebiscite goes well, does Georgia and Armenia become independent nations, or just Armenia. Also, do the nations become satellites of Russia, or do they remain neutral?

The US would be more than willing to stand as a neutral third party during these peace talks. All we wish for peace to once again be restored to Europe and the Middle East.

OOC: If the plebiscite goes well, does Georgia and Armenia become independent nations, or just Armenia. Also, do the nations become satellites of Russia, or do they remain neutral?

OOC: They'd either rejoin the Ottomans or remain as they are, as component territories in the Russian state (albeit demilitarized). The San Stefano cession territory in question is just too small and poor to permit an independent nation to survive without effectively becoming a satellite of one of its neighbors. That is, unless the Ottomans are willing to extend the lands that the plebiscite will take place in all the way out to Russian Yerevan and all Russian-occupied Ottoman territories up to the front lines in the west and south to Van province, in which case independence would permit a viable Armenian state to emerge and thus make independence a reasonable third option for the plebiscite. Russia would support this, but since I feel it highly unlikely the Ottomans would, I didn't propose it. Once my Q2 orders are sent off (which should be tomorrow depending on if we can get this sorted out or not) and the Constituent Assembly assembles for the start of Q3, the circumstances of most of the non-Russian nationalities (which will be requested/required to send delegations as well to represent their interests) should also change. This is likely to happen before the plebiscite, based on scheduling.

OOC: They'd either rejoin the Ottomans or remain as they are, as component territories in the Russian state (albeit demilitarized). The San Stefano cession territory in question is just too small and poor to permit an independent nation to survive without effectively becoming a satellite of one of its neighbors. That is, unless the Ottomans are willing to extend the lands that the plebiscite will take place in all the way out to Russian Yerevan and all Russian-occupied Ottoman territories up to the front lines in the west and south to Van province, in which case independence would permit a viable Armenian state to emerge and thus make independence a reasonable third option for the plebiscite. Russia would support this, but since I feel it highly unlikely the Ottomans would, I didn't propose it. Once my Q2 orders are sent off (which should be tomorrow depending on if we can get this sorted out or not) and the Constituent Assembly assembles for the start of Q3, the circumstances of most of the non-Russian nationalities (which will be requested/required to send delegations as well to represent their interests) should also change. This is likely to happen before the plebiscite, based on scheduling.
OOC: Even if I have to be a satellite, I would be one. I think the Georgians don't hate the Russians as much before the Revolution. The Armenians hate the Turks and everything they stand for, so there is no way they would ever think of remaining under Turkish rule. But I don't run the game, so anything can happen.

scaled.php

There will be no white peace with the central powers.This War will continue this until they agree to peace on our terms. Further more i propose that Britain and France form a unified command under Ferdinand Foch.

EDIT: Can we have a map?

Last edited:
The Ottoman Empire is certainly willing to find a solution to obtain peace in this conflict.

We would be willing to grant Armenians and other minorities more autonomy with reforms in the following years. The Sultan believes that the greatest asset of the Ottoman Empire it's the amazing cultural diversity of it's people, and that cultural diversity should be safeguarded. We also would not be interested in Armenia declaring itself independent just to become another satellite state of Russia, one that threatens the Ottoman Empire by virtue of it's existence.

We are willing to include in the peace talks a process of autonomy which will allow Armenians to have a local government elected by themselves, with liberty to keep half the taxes to be used by the local government, and eliminating most restrictions on trade, with exception of up to 50% of the raw materials production, which will be sold to the Ottoman Empire at the same fixed rates that are applied in the rest of the Empire. They will be able to raise a small policing force, under the authority of the local government. Armenians will be able to have their own penal code, which will however not apply to crimes of treason and crimes committed outside of the Armenian Autonomy, which will be judged by regular Ottoman Justice. The Ottoman Government, in exchange for the taxation and the raw material access, will pledge to fund the infrastructure of the Armenian Autonomy, and to invest in a new School, for the betterment of the Armenian people. Russian delegates are invited to oversee the process of autonomy developed in Armenia, and ensure it respects the terms of the peace treaty. Autonomic reforms, according to the Sultan's advisors, would take around 5 or 6 years to the fully completed.

We are quite interested in access to oil from Baku, naturally, and see with good eyes a monetary package to help rebuild the Erzurum region, devastated by conflict. Everything considered, including the possibility of allowing trade with Russia through the Bosphorous, we believe the above to be a fair deal, and will be happy to sign a peace treaty on these conditions.

Flag-Russia.png

The Russian Provisional Government is willing to accept these terms, and with the conclusion of negotiations with all remaining Central Powers, hereby submits the following treaties for review.

Treaty of Trabzon

Having resolved that the continuation of war in the Caucasus region is untenable, the Russian state and Ottoman Empire hereby agree to peace with the following terms:

1. The Ottoman sultanate agrees to implement a process of autonomy which will allow Armenians to have a local government elected by themselves, with liberty to keep half the taxes to be used by the local government. Most restrictions on trade for the new Armenian autonomous territory will be eliminated, with exception of up to 50% of the raw materials production, which will be sold to the Ottoman Empire at the same fixed rates that are applied in the rest of the Empire. The Armenian state will be able to raise a small policing force, under the authority of the local government. Armenians will be able to have their own penal code, which will however not apply to crimes of treason and crimes committed outside of the Armenian Autonomy, which will be judged by regular Ottoman Justice. Russian delegates are invited to oversee the process of autonomy developed in Armenia, and ensure it respects the terms of the peace treaty. These terms will be implemented within six (6) years of the signing of this treaty.

2. The Ottoman Empire, in exchange for the taxation and the raw material access, will pledge to fund the infrastructure of the Armenian Autonomy, and to invest in a new School, for the betterment of the Armenian people. The Russian state will also pledge reparations to aid in the reconstruction of West Armenia, including Erzurum and Trabzon.

3. The Russian government cedes all territories gained in the Treaty of San Stefano in the Caucasus region to the Ottoman Empire, encompassing Ardahan, Artvin, Batum, Kars, Olti, and Beyazit. These territories will be integrated into the new Armenian autonomous territory.

4. The Russian government undertakes to grant the Ottoman Empire favorable exchange rates on oil extracted from the Baku region for the next 10 years, including the elimination of all tariffs.

5. The Ottoman Empire agrees to reopen the Bosporus Straits to civilian Russian ships.

[X] Chairman Irakli Tsereteli, Russian Provisional Government
[] Sultan Mehmed V, Ottoman Empire

Treaty of Lemberg

Having resolved that the continuation of this war is entirely untenable, and desirous of peace, the Russian state, Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Kingdom of Bulgaria come together to agree to peace without terms. Borders will revert to status quo ante bellum, and no reparations or indemnities will be demanded from either side.

[] Emperor Francis I, Austro-Hungarian Empire
[] Tsar Ferdinand I, Kingdom of Bulgaria

Treaty of Lemberg

Having resolved that the continuation of this war is entirely untenable, and desirous of peace, the Russian state, Austro-Hungarian Empire, and Kingdom of Bulgaria come together to agree to peace without terms. Borders will revert to status quo ante bellum, and no reparations or indemnities will be demanded from either side.

[X] Emperor Francis I, Austro-Hungarian Empire
[] Tsar Ferdinand I, Kingdom of Bulgaria

We are happy to welcome peace with the Russians.

Treaty of Lemberg

[X] Emperor Francis I, Austro-Hungarian Empire
[X] Tsar Ferdinand I, Kingdom of Bulgaria

The Bulgarian Government is Happy to accept these Terms. We have no reason to fight the Russians when they offer a peace that serves us well.

The Sultan will accept these terms and sign the peace deal.

We wish to request a Central Powers conference, to discuss coordination and future plans. The Ottoman Empire will fight harder to free the oppressed peoples of the British and French imperialists, so that one day there may be peace in the Middle East.

United States of America
48star.gif

The People and Government of the United States are pleased that peace is beginning to be seen in Europe and the Middle East. We wish the Ottomans and Armenian's luck in their new relation ship, and offer economic aid to help strengthen their bonds, once it is safe for American interests and investments to travel to the Middle East of course. The US also offers economic aid to the Russian Provisional Government, to aid them in stabilizing and rebuilding thier shattered nation. We shall also take this time to officially recognize the Provisional Government as the legitimate government of the Russian Republic. We wish the Central Powes and the Russian Republic luck for their new futures.

OOC: What kind of ship is a relation ship? hehe

OOC: K/S by preference, though M/S can occasionally be an interesting diversion as well.
...and if anyone gets that, I'll be amused and probably a little worried.

We are pleased to see America's recognition of the Provisional Government, and accept any economic aid or investment that can be offered to help reconstruct Russia.