+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 851

Thread: **Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

  1. #281
    Corporal Loplop's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando Torres View Post
    Opinion often defended but which does not make any sense since the people working on 1933/1914/1936 scenarios and those working on WW2 scenarios (1939, 1940, etc) are not the same.
    But wouldnt creating a new 1912 scenario binding resources that slow down the improvements of the existing?
    And if as i understand it, it is parted in the 2 different groups you listed, 1912 and 1933 would be in the same group?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    Indeed.

    It's like the habit of saying "humanity should focus on preventing climate change instead of curing AIDS" without realizing that solving these two problems have nothing to do with each other.
    harsh comparison, i was just talking about to set priorities
    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

    douglas adams

  2. #282

  3. #283
    For some reason I'm quite content with the Great War's start...At first I was like "woaaah, where's my time to prepare?" but it's been show that the war can play out as desired. That said, I've only ever played as Germany.
    Constantly creating flags.

    > Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

    > The best HOI flag depository online <

    > RumpNissen's flag packs <

  4. #284
    Recruit Hopekeeper's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Posts
    9
    Hi there!
    I was playing today and one thought came to me - it would be great to have statistics implementation of intelligence. What I mean is to add int data to statistic page, for example - to add visible through int operation amount of country's regiments, ships and air squadrons. Just like your allies, but, say, in grey or blue color.
    Thanks for the great game,
    Oplot M

  5. #285
    ai should research doctrines before new units

    i had seen a 1942 japan that had not researched even the 1938 light infantry tech

  6. #286
    Field Marshal Pioniere's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold500k club

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Near Oslo
    Posts
    3,637

    England U73

    "3 new teams"
    1180016;Imperial Chemical Industries;100718;5;1930;1970;management;chemistry ;technical_efficiency;industrial_engineering;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    1180017;John Frederick Charles Fuller;100719;5;1933;1964;centralized_execution;la rge_unit_tactics;combined_arms_focus;infantry_focu s;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
    1180018;Barry Edward Domvile;100720;4;1933;1964;large_taskforce_tactics ;naval_training;centralized_execution;seamanship;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

    I think Germany should have 3 or 4 dissident hit not 10 when it choose total conquest on the British mainland event. Argentina should get the Falklands if controlling it and they are member of the Axis.
    Last edited by Pioniere; 16-03-2012 at 08:02.
    Firmly loaded with Saxon/Aztec fighting spirit!
    "I will find a way, or I will make one" Hannibal!
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. Henry the V

    AoD development team.

  7. #287
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioniere View Post
    I think Germany should have 3 or 4 dissident hit not 10 when it choose total conquest on the British mainland event. Argentina should get the Falklands if controlling it and they are member of Axis.
    I think they should get the Malvina's even if they are not in the axis. What can Britain do? I'm pretty sure if the UK fell, Argentina would just land on the island and take it without a single shot fired. Would Hitler care? No. He'd probably make the British hand it over formally.
    Constantly creating flags.

    > Trembling Blue's Colour Scales < - Version 2.0 released! Final version for DH 1.3.

    > The best HOI flag depository online <

    > RumpNissen's flag packs <

  8. #288
    Old Guard Miihkali's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Suomen tasavalta - Republiken Finland - Финляндская Республика - Finlndi Respublikası - Republic of Finland
    Posts
    2,897
    Quote Originally Posted by TremblingBlue View Post
    For some reason I'm quite content with the Great War's start...At first I was like "woaaah, where's my time to prepare?" but it's been show that the war can play out as desired. That said, I've only ever played as Germany.
    I guess the idea is, that while most of people knew and waited for the upcoming showdown, no one expected it to be so long and large-scale war.
    Mikael "Miihkali" Tuominen

    Hyborian Age Mod a DH fantasy mod set in the world of Conan the Barbarian. (A new map on the way.)

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    Polish legislative elections of 2007



    Cores or not, the Poles have inherited the Prussian pathos
    Firstly it has nothing to do with Prussian "pathos", since most of the people on those lands were transfered from Eastern Lands, so it's more "Kresy" pathos which still some poeple remind with nostalgia, Lww and Wilno were our cultural lungs.

    Secondly, from those lands soviets took almost all industry, and for example ex East Prussia is considered as place to spend vacations because of forests, lakes, and lack of industry.

    Besides why you gave old map, Poznań even under Prussian occupation had bigger Polish population then German, so it was always Polish core territory.
    Last edited by DrakenPL; 16-03-2012 at 22:24.

  10. #290
    General nimrod123's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    1500km from anywhere better then here
    Posts
    2,465
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Miihkali View Post
    I guess the idea is, that while most of people knew and waited for the upcoming showdown, no one expected it to be so long and large-scale war.
    did they though? i mean the Arch Duke assassination was a relatively unexpected occrance and spark. The 1914 start, IMHO, shows the way the majors went from "build-up and don't use it" to "get the f****r"

    i doubt any of the major players expected a proper war to start when it did
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

  11. #291
    Corporal Loplop's Avatar
    Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided500k club
    Europa Universalis IV

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakenPL View Post
    Besides why you gave old map, Poznań even under Prussian occupation bigger Polish population then German, so it was always Polish core territory.
    poznan maybe , but danzig,lauenburg,stettin ect were german city's so its senseless to name one with bigger polish population ...by the way german and polish people lived next to each other for generation so all get mixed up anyways, ive read an articel about it and i forgot the numbers but youve got many % of polish people with partly german ancestors and many german with polish ..they were neighbors so long its just normal, not even only at the border areas, when you look at the ruhr area ... but i still think its funny to see old german borders on an vote map on coincidence but i agree with you on this prussian pathos nonsense.

    ps. this discussion doesnt really belong here anyway

    pps. Pommern/Pomorze was applied as the granary of germany with mainly agriculture production not as a industrial area.
    Last edited by Loplop; 16-03-2012 at 19:21.
    "The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don't."

    douglas adams

  12. #292
    Custer's Revenge Lord Finnish's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3Divine Wind
    For the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneSemper FiVictoria 2
    Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    b_lahti, c_tavasts, k_finland
    Posts
    10,760
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by nimrod123 View Post
    i doubt any of the major players expected a proper war to start when it did
    I would say that everyone knew what was going to happen but everyone was so confident of their strength that they expected to steamroll the enemy with light casualties on both sides.
    Mod:
    Byzantium - Imperial Restoration for Darkest Hour
    Empire of Pohjola for Crusader Kings II
    Wilhelm Scream for Crusader Kings II

    AAR:
    The Nazi Time Machine - A Strange Story of the First Reich (CK2) Dead due to save game corruption. Will restart eventually.

  13. #293
    Quote Originally Posted by Loplop View Post
    poznan maybe , but danzig,lauenburg,stettin ect were german city's so its senseless to name one with bigger polish population ...by the way german and polish people lived next to each other for generation so all get mixed up anyways, ive read an articel about it and i forgot the numbers but youve got many % of polish people with partly german ancestors and many german with polish ..they were neighbors so long its just normal, not even only at the border areas, when you look at the ruhr area ... but i still think its funny to see old german borders on an vote map on coincidence but i agree with you on this prussian pathos nonsense.

    ps. this discussion doesnt really belong here anyway

    pps. Pommern/Pomorze was applied as the granary of germany with mainly agriculture production not as a industrial area.
    Sorry last time partial offtopic + an idea at the end of the post .

    Polish - German border is a long topic to discuss, the most funny thing is that Polish king invited teutonic order on hm current/ex? prussian territory, then they become Polish puppet state and after war with Sweden when Commonwealth got weak they droped chains.

    And a ex polish puppet state annexed Part of Poland (and later on united whole Germany so in free interpretation Poland was indirectly creator of united Germany) core territiories, then after long time after ww2 to be totally vanished out of map.

    Ok as I promised here is the idea/ improvment:

    Give naval bombers "naval scramble" option it would work same as that option on fleets, it would make sense since hostile fleets would think twice after coming near to shores of enemy country like in RL.

    Oh and why tanks do not have buff in desert and plain terrain to attack, same like mountain divisions in mountains.

    PS: Ave Euorpean Empire
    Last edited by DrakenPL; 16-03-2012 at 23:30.

  14. #294
    Field Marshal Pioniere's Avatar
    HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonDarkest HourEuropa Universalis: Chronicles
    EU3 CompleteFor The GloryHearts of Iron IIIHeir to the ThroneEuropa Universalis III: In Nomine
    Iron CrossEU3 Napoleon's AmbitionEuropa Universalis: RomeRome Gold500k club

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Near Oslo
    Posts
    3,637
    Quote Originally Posted by TremblingBlue View Post
    I think they should get the Malvina's even if they are not in the axis. What can Britain do? I'm pretty sure if the UK fell, Argentina would just land on the island and take it without a single shot fired. Would Hitler care? No. He'd probably make the British hand it over formally.
    Hitler had some respect for the British in the start of the war and offered pace several times and even once protection from the Japanish who knows for sure. Maybe better if there was an event for Argentina that gives them 2+ in belligerence if they choose to move into the island when UK falls.
    Firmly loaded with Saxon/Aztec fighting spirit!
    "I will find a way, or I will make one" Hannibal!
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day. Henry the V

    AoD development team.

  15. #295
    hitler had respect only for those who he needed to be in peace for some time.

  16. #296
    General nimrod123's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyCities in MotionCities in Motion 2Crusader Kings IICommander: Conquest of the Americas
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHearts of Iron III Collection
    HOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the ThroneImpireIron CrossVictoria: Revolutions
    Semper FiSengokuSword of the Stars IISupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold War
    StarvoidVictoria 2Victoria II: A House DividedVictoria II: Heart of DarknessMount & Blade: Warband
    Warlock: Master of the ArcaneWar of the RosesPride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight500k club
    Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    1500km from anywhere better then here
    Posts
    2,465
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Finnish View Post
    I would say that everyone knew what was going to happen but everyone was so confident of their strength that they expected to steamroll the enemy with light casualties on both sides.
    no doubt they expected a war in the future, but europe was fairly stable (its all realtive) and a war in the near future seems unlikely (from what i know).

    i mean there was 1 month between the duke getting shot and teh war starting (Duke dies june 28, july 28 WW1 starts).

    the scenario at the moment represents the sudden rush to war
    In the future there will only be two workers, a human and a dog. The human's job will be feeding the dog. The dog's job will be making sure the human doesn't touch the computers.

  17. #297
    Field Marshal Cybvep's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    8,315
    The main problem is long movement time. It doesn't seem realistic and it sure as hell is very annoying.

  18. #298
    First Lieutenant panzerslet's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Vaals
    Posts
    207
    Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?
    Make the HQ 's of much more importance zb. the collapes of the german army group center in 44 is because the red army succeed in cutting of the army HQ's , korps HQ 's
    the german army group center did not ordered 1 single air reconnaissance mission in july/aug 44 on the eastern front
    every german division was retraiting west in aug 44
    GFM Model was looking in the dark ....
    If / what ===> they managed to hold the front with several counter attacks but there were no HQ's lines to send the message ........ counter attack
    the divisions were blind
    Last edited by panzerslet; 17-03-2012 at 02:06.

  19. #299
    DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,169
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerslet View Post
    Make the HQ 's of much more importance zb. the collapes of the german army group center in 44 is because the red army succeed in cutting of the army HQ's , korps HQ 's
    the german army group center did not ordered 1 single air reconnaissance mission in july/aug 44 on the eastern front
    every german division was retraiting west in aug 44
    GFM Model was looking in the dark ....
    If / what ===> they managed to hold the front with several counter attacks but there were no HQ's lines to send the message ........ counter attack
    the divisions were blind
    Very bad German decentralized command then.
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

  20. #300
    First Lieutenant panzerslet's Avatar
    Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIISemper Fi

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Vaals
    Posts
    207
    Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    Very bad German decentralized command then.
    yes communication then was a bigger problem especially on the big space russia

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 40 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts