**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
- Certainly, losses and other statistics. I liked the detailed analyses of combats that were available in AoD; even if they were somewhat 'made up', they made it feel less like a game and more like a war - besides, inaccurate loss statistics were historically highly common on both sides, usually overestimating the enemy's losses. Perhaps in addition to just soldiers, this could include vehicles and aircraft lost, too?

- Naval rebalancing - keep all the different kinds of ships useful, perhaps by lowering the production time of the 'lesser' vessels, make ships defending against carriers use their air defence rather than sea defence stat and increase the air defence and attack of carriers while reducing their sea defence hugely. It would also be useful to re-introduce the 'small CAG' brigade for CVLs/CVEs and make this upgrade at the same time as the regular CAG, so that older CVLs/CVEs are of some use.

- I miss the support and events for the Cold War and a 'Cold War Goes Hot' situation that other games in the 'HoI2 series' have had, though I'm sure DH can make it better. Ideally, this would include some support for ahistorical victors - a successful and powerful Britain or France being the main 'Western' protagonist against the USSR, for example, or a Cold War between a victorious Germany and the United States.

Interface suggestion will be forthcoming.

- Naval rebalancing - keep all the different kinds of ships useful, perhaps by lowering the production time of the 'lesser' vessels, make ships defending against carriers use their air defence rather than sea defence stat and increase the air defence and attack of carriers while reducing their sea defence hugely. It would also be useful to re-introduce the 'small CAG' brigade for CVLs/CVEs and make this upgrade at the same time as the regular CAG, so that older CVLs/CVEs are of some use.

There are so many threads out there in which a lot of people (me, too) suggested some improvements. I do agree with you that a naval rebalancing would add so much to this game.

A Pacific Surrender Event in which the U.S. sue for peace if Japan controls and holds certain territory of victory points such as Midway, Hawaii, Parts of Alaska, Dutch East Indies, and/or Philippines etc.

A Pacific Surrender Event in which the U.S. sue for peace if Japan controls and holds certain territory of victory points such as Midway, Hawaii, Parts of Alaska, Dutch East Indies, and/or Philippines etc.

...And vice-versa. I truly think that there shouldn't have to be an invasion of Mainland Japan if all the island territories in the Pacific are liberated/captured.
Ideally they would surrender after being nuked and acquiring all islands, but this is not scriptable IIRC.

I want: (pretty please)
-Commands that affect the production rate of resources. I know this is possible with ministerial modifiers but for some reason the commands will not work as events, decisions or techs.
-Commands that affect the rate of manpower accumulation, rather than just a one time percent pool bonus. Same caveat as above applies.
-Land speed modifiers that work as commands. Currently when used as commands they seem to apply to the current units and then not carry over when they are upgraded.
-Range limitations for AI aircraft and naval units
-Dissent rate reduction speed modifiers (propaganda effect) that work as commands.

I want: (pretty please)
-Commands that affect the production rate of resources. I know this is possible with ministerial modifiers but for some reason the commands will not work as events, decisions or techs.
-Commands that affect the rate of manpower accumulation, rather than just a one time percent pool bonus. Same caveat as above applies.
-Land speed modifiers that work as commands. Currently when used as commands they seem to apply to the current units and then not carry over when they are upgraded.
-Range limitations for AI aircraft and naval units
-Dissent rate reduction speed modifiers (propaganda effect) that work as commands.

That's five, not three. :p

We give him amnesty since it was his first post

Welcome to the forum zombie!

1. Fix Naval Warfare by
a) Having carriers apply damage vs air defence instead of sea defence.
b) Have carriers simulate their role of disrupting air attacks on naval assets by having carriers inflict a combat malus on aircraft attacking a fleet containing a carrier.
c) Have damage inflicted by a successful hit modified by the attack/defence ratio of the the ships involved. Currently 3 CAs can overwhelm a BB, whereas IRL 8" shells were only able to inflict superficial damage to a BBs critical areas.
d) Let Nuclear Subs carry missiles
e) Require convoys for overseas trade as well as more moving stuff within your own holdingd.
f) Convoys should be able to transport material both ways (i.e. if you're sending supplies to an overseas province that sends resources to the homeland , you ought to be able to use the same convoy for both tasks).
2. Different types of IC bonus/penalty (wartime/peacetime/tech/minister/policy) should be multiplicative instead of additive with each other.
3. Allow land generals to use the "Superior Tactician" trait. Add a a "Naval Aviator" admiral trait that boosts carriers, and a "T-Crosser" trait to boost battleships.

Last edited:
- casualty stats (as in AoD)
Regardless if they are accurate enough to make the devs happy. Apparently the vast majority of customers wants it and is perfectly fine with the level of accuracy AoD provided.

1. Fix Naval Warfare by
a) Having carriers apply damage vs air defence instead of sea defence.
b) Have carriers simulate their role of disrupting air attacks on naval assets by having carriers inflict a combat malus on aircraft attacking a fleet containing a carrier.
c) Have damage inflicted by a successful hit modified by the attack/defence ratio of the the ships involved. Currently 3 CAs can overwhelm a BB, whereas IRL 8" shells were only able to inflict superficial damage to a BBs critical areas.
d) Let Nuclear Subs carry missiles
e) Require convoys for overseas trade as well as more moving stuff within your own holdingd.
f) Convoys should be able to transport material both ways (i.e. if you're sending supplies to an overseas province that sends resources to the homeland , you ought to be able to use the same convoy for both tasks).

convoys should be used not only for suplly armies oversea, but for commerce, as germany i can trade all the oil i need from venezuela, ploesti oilfiled lost all strategic value
Also late game missiles cruisers and destroyer should have enough range to be able to fight against carriers, since they use no more artillery but long range anti ships missiles. This would gave surface action group some utility that now they lack
also AI ships range should be restricted like air units, unlimited range into area covered by allied airbases, this way a defense of asian coprosperity sphere should be possible

2)fix air warfare:
make possible to target and destroy enemy aviation on ground, this should be done by cas, they should do great damage to plane on the ground and small damage to airbase, with strategic bombers the other way around.Cas should also be able to damage ships in port, and ground attack should receive the same bonus of +50% given to ground support by "Strafing". I find Cas too useless even for germany

3) as soviet, the purge should be a decision like in classic hoi armageddon:
if you purge, no dissent, loss of generals and HQs, loss of gde
if you don't, 30 dissent, no loss of generals and hq, no loss of gde, penalty slider moves like +2 dove lobby, +2 isolationism, +2 free market and such

Last edited:
Another thing that me and some people would like to see it's a country that never appears in the official HoI series... This country it's Catalonia.

I believe there are other things in AOD that contributes to the late game lag, for example the gost fleets.