**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can already be done. Some mod did it iirc

Hegemonia did, but if you tried to rename units and armies the game would pause/unpause if you used the spacebar and no "space" would ever occur. Arsenal of Democracy could use the spacebar to pause the game and using the spacebar when naming things worked without a hitch.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, and I am repeating stuff that was mentioned earlier but:

1.) Naval rebalance in general, but in particular carriers/CAGs should count as planes, not as guns with 160km range that don't work at night.
This makes AA one of the more important naval brigades.

2.) Redo the logistics/convoy/sub system. Supplying an overseas offensive should require enough ships, and enough ports. And subs should be able to wreak havoc with it, if left alone. Similarly, offensives in the jungle/desert/muddy Russia should be difficult.

3.) Major economic/logistical overhaul. I would like to see more resources. The most obvious iteration is food. Make it non-storable. That way you can literally starve the UK with uboats. Argentina suddenly because the world's favourite trading partner.
I also like the idea of light/heavy industry. Perhaps start with aircraft/vehicle/shipyard/light factories. Factories can produce stuff from other categories, but it comes at an efficiency price.

Oh, I'm going to overdo it and suggest 5.
  • Allow for the eventual German incorporation of Reichskommissariats as cores, likewise turn conquered claims into cores after a certain amount of time (say, 15-20 years or so).
  • Add 5 more user defined tech categories on the technology Screen.
  • Make Infrastructure improve IC and Resources
  • Add more buildings (or at least the ability for modders to add some) For example: Nuclear power Plants and Universities
  • Allow us to automate diplomacy somewhat, include the ability to automatically give out blueprints to allies

Dissent means disorganization within the army, within the industry.

It does but dissent can be removed quite quickly by spamming consumer goods which makes it much less of a problem then say a significant penalty on research speed and army org until the end of the Finish Winter War. These penalties would make the Red Army slightly poorer in performance during the Winter War which is an added bonus and they would lag behind especially Germany on techs which is also how it should be. The reason why the End of the Winter war is a good time to remove the penalties is because that was when Stalin realized just how devastating the Great Purge had been on both Army performance and research. I realize that the USSR will be able to build a bigger Army with 'my' Purge Event(s) but this can perhaps be countered by increasing the Peace Time-modifier on IC somewhat. Also even though the Red Army would be bigger the formations would tend to be even more obsolete since research on new weapons would take longer.

The Dissent increase is probably nice for game balance but I still say that it just doesn´t make sense since dissent should also represent dissatisfaction with the Government and this was not a major concern in the USSR even though some minor nationalist revolts took place.

Last edited:
I would too see annual slider changing back.
Strong mobilisation should give IC malus since many skilled workers have to join the army. Thats lowers industrial efficiency.
I think this is better then just dissent.

I would too see annual slider changing back.
Strong mobilisation should give IC malus since many skilled workers have to join the army. Thats lowers industrial efficiency.
I think this is better then just dissent.
Just change it in misc.txt. I am like you, I prefer annual changes.
Not really, there were still many unemployed during this period. Unless you refer to the very last level of mobilization? I would agree there.