**Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would be more interested to hear whether something is being made to force the player to station divisions in the Far East when playing the Soviet Union.

Didn't even happen, historically. I mean, yes, they were stationed there, but they weren't these elite units that helped sway the tide of the war (is a common myth). The Germans used this to account for why there were suddenly dozens and dozens of new divisions at the front (realistically, it was just that the Soviets finally mobilized).
There was a thread about this in the HoI III board a few days ago, I believe.

Didn't even happen, historically. I mean, yes, they were stationed there, but they weren't these elite units that helped sway the tide of the war (is a common myth). The Germans used this to account for why there were suddenly dozens and dozens of new divisions at the front (realistically, it was just that the Soviets finally mobilized).

Are you sure about this. I mean I have read dozens of books from 'real' authors where Siberian Divisions transfered from the Far East Front after Soviet spies in Japan found out that Japan had scrapped their plans on an attack did play a significant part in the defence of Moscow in 1941. Of course you are right in that they where no 'elite' units, but mearly 'fresh' formations that fought against frozen exhausted and understrength german formations.

-Casualties for wars & battles
-A list of wars that your nation as well as others were involved in (Kind of like a timeline)
-The 1914 scenario needs to be started earlier. A lot earlier.
-Post-War Scenario anyone? :D

Love the game nonetheless.

Post WW2 - Cold War will be the Holy Grail. Realy hope to see this in the patch.

Don't ask the devs about cold war, imo they should focus on pre ww2 and ww2 time, people really rarely play past ww2 and usualy it's hard to achive same result as happened in RL so this means over 9000 combinations of events to make it playable.
Why not asking? There is large amount of peoples on the forum wants a (early) Cold War scenario.

Why not asking? There is large amount of peoples on the forum wants a (early) Cold War scenario.
Aye. Cold War and WW3 can easily double the gaming experience. Now Darkest Hour pretty much ends in 1945-48, unless you are playing as Soviets and let Allies take half of Europe. Otherwise, there is no fun after WW2.

There is a New World Order mod being developed atm.
The original plan was to let it mature, let people play, test and enjoy it. And when it's finally stable and complete, we can implement it into DH Full.
But right now, there is no way we could be able to work on it by ourselves. We don't have enough people/time.

This is entirely NOT my point. The point is that IRL there are situations when you station forces on a given border or in a given area even when there is no war, but there is the mere threat of war, so even it is unlikely to happen, you cannot afford to risk it because of possible consequences. HOI games repeatedly fail at representing this, especially in case of Manchuria and the Far East, where IRL both sides kept staring at each other for a looooooooong time while the forces could be used elsewhere. Potential Soviet attack on Manchuria was thorn in the ass of the Japanese commanders right from 1937 up to 1945, when it actually happened. The Soviets were also worried about war on two fronts and even when they signed the NAP with Japan they didn't withdraw ALL forces.

This is entirely NOT my point. The point is that IRL there are situations when you station forces on a given border or in a given area even when there is no war, but there is the mere threat of war, so even it is unlikely to happen, you cannot afford to risk it because of possible consequences. HOI games repeatedly fail at representing this, especially in case of Manchuria and the Far East, where IRL both sides kept staring at each other for a looooooooong time while the forces could be used elsewhere. Potential Soviet attack on Manchuria was thorn in the ass of the Japanese commanders right from 1937 up to 1945, when it actually happened. The Soviets were also worried about war on two fronts and even when they signed the NAP with Japan they didn't withdraw ALL forces.

Even more interesting is the fact, that --I've heard-- due to the long time bad relations between Romany and Hungary, the latter kept significant amount of troops on the border for years, even though they both were allied and in war versus the USSR!

This is true, in fact there were plans for war between the two countries after the successful war in the East. It's one of the reasons why both countries tried to impress Germany, yet were reluctant to commit all their forces to the East - it was not known whom Germany would support. Not that the performance of German allies was that impressive - at Stalingrad the Germans treated a Romanian/Hungarian Army as the equivalent of a German Corps.

Even more interesting is the fact, that --I've heard-- due to the long time bad relations between Romany and Hungary, the latter kept significant amount of troops on the border for years, even though they both were allied and in war versus the USSR!
Also, a book I once read mentioned that the Germans couldn't put a Romanian unit next to a Hungarian unit because they were more than eager to get each other butchered by the Soviets. :D

Also, a book I once read mentioned that the Germans couldn't put a Romanian unit next to a Hungarian unit because they were more than eager to get each other butchered by the Soviets. :D

Count Istvan Csaky, the Hungarian Foreign Minister actually tried to engineer a war with Romania, and got sacked by Horthy, the Regent, upon its discovery. Might be a funky event to throw in, let the Hungarians/Romanians duke it out and gain a few cores for their trouble if they conquer the other. Would be awkward if it happened during Barbarossa, however. I believe the plot was from 1940, but I'd have to find the old Time article on it to get an exact date.

Count Istvan Csaky, the Hungarian Foreign Minister actually tried to engineer a war with Romania, and got sacked by Horthy, the Regent, upon its discovery. Might be a funky event to throw in, let the Hungarians/Romanians duke it out and gain a few cores for their trouble if they conquer the other. Would be awkward if it happened during Barbarossa, however. I believe the plot was from 1940, but I'd have to find the old Time article on it to get an exact date.
Hitler sure knew to pick reliable friends...

Is Count Istvan Csaky working as a minister in DH?

There are techs and units that date back to 1800, so why not use them. I would love to see a scenario that uses these early items. Also, we could back date or create a few older units and techs for a Napoleonic wars scenario. Although I am not sure if the style of warfare back then would reflect the modern warfare that HOI was made to simulate.

I believe this may already be in the base game (it was in regular HoI2, at any rate): I think what needs to happen is after the Hungarians successfully press for their claims, the Bulgarians demand their stuff from Romania, Romania refuses, sparking off a war, and the Hungarians get an event to join in the feeding frenzy, with a successful war resulting in additional cored territories going to them (on top of their earlier claims). Again, I don't know if this is in DH, but it was certainly in the original.

Edit: Yeah, I just checked, and the event is definitely in DH.

There are techs and units that date back to 1800, so why not use them. I would love to see a scenario that uses these early items. Also, we could back date or create a few older units and techs for a Napoleonic wars scenario. Although I am not sure if the style of warfare back then would reflect the modern warfare that HOI was made to simulate.
Napoleon is something best left for mods.

first , build times are too long .second, AT research should give AT brigade its stupid that artillery should have higher hard and lower soft attack AT guns were not artillery they were a seperate branch of guns. third assault guns should be a seperate branch than self propelled artillery, they were totally different. thanks glen1525