+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast

Thread: **Suggestion thread:** What would you like to see in a patch 1.3?

- Certainly, losses and other statistics. I liked the detailed analyses of combats that were available in AoD; even if they were somewhat 'made up', they made it feel less like a game and more like a war - besides, inaccurate loss statistics were historically highly common on both sides, usually overestimating the enemy's losses. Perhaps in addition to just soldiers, this could include vehicles and aircraft lost, too?

- Naval rebalancing - keep all the different kinds of ships useful, perhaps by lowering the production time of the 'lesser' vessels, make ships defending against carriers use their air defence rather than sea defence stat and increase the air defence and attack of carriers while reducing their sea defence hugely. It would also be useful to re-introduce the 'small CAG' brigade for CVLs/CVEs and make this upgrade at the same time as the regular CAG, so that older CVLs/CVEs are of some use.

- I miss the support and events for the Cold War and a 'Cold War Goes Hot' situation that other games in the 'HoI2 series' have had, though I'm sure DH can make it better. Ideally, this would include some support for ahistorical victors - a successful and powerful Britain or France being the main 'Western' protagonist against the USSR, for example, or a Cold War between a victorious Germany and the United States.

Interface suggestion will be forthcoming.

Arsenal of DemocracyCrusader Kings IIDarkest HourEU3 CompleteDivine Wind
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHeir to the ThroneIron Cross500k club

Quote Originally Posted by Serenissima View Post
    - Naval rebalancing - keep all the different kinds of ships useful, perhaps by lowering the production time of the 'lesser' vessels, make ships defending against carriers use their air defence rather than sea defence stat and increase the air defence and attack of carriers while reducing their sea defence hugely. It would also be useful to re-introduce the 'small CAG' brigade for CVLs/CVEs and make this upgrade at the same time as the regular CAG, so that older CVLs/CVEs are of some use.
    There are so many threads out there in which a lot of people (me, too) suggested some improvements. I do agree with you that a naval rebalancing would add so much to this game.

Darkest Hour

A Pacific Surrender Event in which the U.S. sue for peace if Japan controls and holds certain territory of victory points such as Midway, Hawaii, Parts of Alaska, Dutch East Indies, and/or Philippines etc.
    "Was your court at the trial of Visser constituted in any way like this, what rule did you shoot him under?"

"Like this?? ... oh no sir, it was not quite like this... no no sir, it wasn't quite so handsome...and as for rules... we didn't carry military manuals around with us... we were out on the veldt fighting the Boer the way he fought us.... I'll tell you what rule we applied sir, we applied Rule Three-OH-Three .... we caught them and we shot them under Rule Three-OH-Three!!!!"

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
    A Pacific Surrender Event in which the U.S. sue for peace if Japan controls and holds certain territory of victory points such as Midway, Hawaii, Parts of Alaska, Dutch East Indies, and/or Philippines etc.
    ...And vice-versa. I truly think that there shouldn't have to be an invasion of Mainland Japan if all the island territories in the Pacific are liberated/captured.
    Ideally they would surrender after being nuked and acquiring all islands, but this is not scriptable IIRC.

Restricted access until e-mail confirmed AndrewMarr's Avatar
    Darkest Hour

Reform the mobilisation slider, with each manpower costing IC efficiency exponentially.

I want: (pretty please)
    -Commands that affect the production rate of resources. I know this is possible with ministerial modifiers but for some reason the commands will not work as events, decisions or techs.
    -Commands that affect the rate of manpower accumulation, rather than just a one time percent pool bonus. Same caveat as above applies.
    -Land speed modifiers that work as commands. Currently when used as commands they seem to apply to the current units and then not carry over when they are upgraded.
    -Range limitations for AI aircraft and naval units
    -Dissent rate reduction speed modifiers (propaganda effect) that work as commands.

Quote Originally Posted by zombiehunter197 View Post
    I want: (pretty please)
    -Commands that affect the production rate of resources. I know this is possible with ministerial modifiers but for some reason the commands will not work as events, decisions or techs.
    -Commands that affect the rate of manpower accumulation, rather than just a one time percent pool bonus. Same caveat as above applies.
    -Land speed modifiers that work as commands. Currently when used as commands they seem to apply to the current units and then not carry over when they are upgraded.
    -Range limitations for AI aircraft and naval units
    -Dissent rate reduction speed modifiers (propaganda effect) that work as commands.
    That's five, not three.

Achtung PanzerArsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEU3 CompleteHearts of Iron III
    Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

We give him amnesty since it was his first post

Welcome to the forum zombie!

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest HourEuropa Universalis 3For The GloryHearts of Iron III
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossSemper FiSword of the StarsSword of the Stars II

1. Fix Naval Warfare by
    a) Having carriers apply damage vs air defence instead of sea defence.
    b) Have carriers simulate their role of disrupting air attacks on naval assets by having carriers inflict a combat malus on aircraft attacking a fleet containing a carrier.
    c) Have damage inflicted by a successful hit modified by the attack/defence ratio of the the ships involved. Currently 3 CAs can overwhelm a BB, whereas IRL 8" shells were only able to inflict superficial damage to a BBs critical areas.
    d) Let Nuclear Subs carry missiles
    e) Require convoys for overseas trade as well as more moving stuff within your own holdingd.
    f) Convoys should be able to transport material both ways (i.e. if you're sending supplies to an overseas province that sends resources to the homeland , you ought to be able to use the same convoy for both tasks).
    2. Different types of IC bonus/penalty (wartime/peacetime/tech/minister/policy) should be multiplicative instead of additive with each other.
    3. Allow land generals to use the "Superior Tactician" trait. Add a a "Naval Aviator" admiral trait that boosts carriers, and a "T-Crosser" trait to boost battleships.
    Last edited by israelien; 09-02-2012 at 08:21.

Crusader Kings IIDarkest HourFor the MotherlandHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest Hour
    Majesty 2Semper FiSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldVictoria 2Victoria II: A House Divided
    Victoria II: Heart of Darkness500k club

- casualty stats (as in AoD)
    Regardless if they are accurate enough to make the devs happy. Apparently the vast majority of customers wants it and is perfectly fine with the level of accuracy AoD provided.

Quote Originally Posted by israelien View Post
    1. Fix Naval Warfare by
    a) Having carriers apply damage vs air defence instead of sea defence.
    b) Have carriers simulate their role of disrupting air attacks on naval assets by having carriers inflict a combat malus on aircraft attacking a fleet containing a carrier.
    c) Have damage inflicted by a successful hit modified by the attack/defence ratio of the the ships involved. Currently 3 CAs can overwhelm a BB, whereas IRL 8" shells were only able to inflict superficial damage to a BBs critical areas.
    e) Require convoys for overseas trade as well as more moving stuff within your own holdingd.
    f) Convoys should be able to transport material both ways (i.e. if you're sending supplies to an overseas province that sends resources to the homeland , you ought to be able to use the same convoy for both tasks).
    convoys should be used not only for suplly armies oversea, but for commerce, as germany i can trade all the oil i need from venezuela, ploesti oilfiled lost all strategic value
    Also late game missiles cruisers and destroyer should have enough range to be able to fight against carriers, since they use no more artillery but long range anti ships missiles. This would gave surface action group some utility that now they lack
    also AI ships range should be restricted like air units, unlimited range into area covered by allied airbases, this way a defense of asian coprosperity sphere should be possible

2)fix air warfare:
    make possible to target and destroy enemy aviation on ground, this should be done by cas, they should do great damage to plane on the ground and small damage to airbase, with strategic bombers the other way around.Cas should also be able to damage ships in port, and ground attack should receive the same bonus of +50% given to ground support by "Strafing". I find Cas too useless even for germany

3) as soviet, the purge should be a decision like in classic hoi armageddon:
    if you purge, no dissent, loss of generals and HQs, loss of gde
    if you don't, 30 dissent, no loss of generals and hq, no loss of gde, penalty slider moves like +2 dove lobby, +2 isolationism, +2 free market and such
    Last edited by behindthelight; 09-02-2012 at 17:08.

Darkest HourMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword

Quote Originally Posted by behindthelight View Post
    convoys should be used not only for suplly armies oversea, but for commerce
    THIS! +10000000

I know the logistics behind implementing such a system would be complex, but it would add volumes of realism to the game.

DH China Dev and AAR Dev Limith's Avatar
    Darkest HourEU3 CompleteVictoria 2

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan.ua View Post
    THIS! +10000000

I know the logistics behind implementing such a system would be complex, but it would add volumes of realism to the game.
    This - 10000000. Have you wondered why AoD lags?
    - Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -
    Now with CCIP!
    ~Arms, Armistice, and Revolutions Mod Developer~
    Looking for contributors/modders who are willing to take over development of Code Geass Total Conversion for DH
    If my inbox is full, feel free to post on my profile wall.

Arsenal of DemocracyDarkest Hour

Another thing that me and some people would like to see it's a country that never appears in the official HoI series... This country it's Catalonia.
    "Via barons, en nom de Déu, què els temeu?" - Jaume I el Conqueridor

"I have conquered an empire for Italy and Mussolini has thrown it away." - Pietro Badoglio.

"Nobody respects a country with a poor army, but everybody respects a country with a good army. I raise my toast to the Finnish Army." - Josef Stalin, 1948.

Hearts of Iron III CollectionHOI3: Their Finest HourVictoria: RevolutionsSupreme Ruler 2020 Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    But its an extremely sensible feauture

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    But its an extremely sensible feauture
    Yes, but if it cannot be implemented without creating a huge lag, then we will need to live without it and the devs should search for less CPU-intensive solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by Limith View Post
    Thats actually more like an urban legend.
    Such a system doesn't have to lag.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Darkest Hour
    ✪ ☭ ✠
    a 1914-1963 Grand Strategy Game

I believe there are other things in AOD that contributes to the late game lag, for example the gost fleets.

Quote Originally Posted by Easy1 View Post
    I believe there are other things in AOD that contributes to the late game lag, for example the gost fleets.
    ... or maybe their logistical system? It is very good, but IIRC the devs admitted that it was very taxing on the CPU.

Podcat's Cat Wrangler T.j. Arnold's Avatar
    52 games registered

HoI AnthologyArsenal of DemocracyHearts of Iron 2: ArmageddonCrusader Kings IIDarkest Hour
    DiplomacyDungeonlandEast India CompanyEast India Company CollectionElven Legacy Collection
    Europa Universalis 3Europa Universalis: ChroniclesEU3 CompleteDivine WindFor The Glory
    For the MotherlandGalactic AssaultHearts of Iron IIIHOI3: Their Finest HourHeir to the Throne
    Europa Universalis III: In NomineIron CrossLeviathan: WarshipsMagickaMajesty 2
    EU3 Napoleon's AmbitionVictoria: RevolutionsEuropa Universalis: RomeRome GoldSemper Fi
    SengokuSword of the StarsSupreme Ruler 2020 GoldSupreme Ruler: Cold WarThe Showdown Effect
    Victoria 2Rome: Vae VictisMount & Blade: WarbandWarlock: Master of the ArcaneMount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
    War of the RosesV2 AHD BetaHearts of Iron: The Card GamePride of NationsCK2: Holy Knight
    500k clubEuropa Universalis IV: Pre-orderEUIV: Call to arms eventEUIV: Wealth of NationsEUIV: Conquest of Paradise

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by israelien View Post
    I recall reading a HoI II thread where someone found that there were text entries for this incorporated into the gamefiles, which a Dev or Moderator confirmed. They were going to implement this but found it to be too difficult (or, something like this).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 28 ... LastLast