+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A question for interface modders...

Question A question for interface modders...

There's this upper right (slide down) menu, where all your armies, fleets, cots and buildings are listed. I have a very strange problem with my mac version of EU Divine Wind and this listing. I am not pretty sure whether this is a bug or just a graphical problem but except fleet battles non of my armies, fleets, sieges, cots etc. are shown.

Is there a .gui or .gfx file for this upper right menu? I have been looking into all the gfx files and found nothing...

Maybe one interface modder can help me with some infos

Thanks in advance

Wawanee

Europa Universalis: Chronicles500k clubEUIV: Call to arms event

Blog Entries
    If you right click over this list menu, new menu will appear. From it you can select what to be shown in the list menu.
    You can see Phoenix mods thanks to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Quin View Post
    If you right click over this list menu, new menu will appear. From it you can select what to be shown in the list menu.
    Oh! This makes me really look very dumb Thanks a lot for the info... The funny thing is... There is nothing selected, yet the naval combats show up.

Does a .gfx or .gui for this menu exist? That would be interesting, since I don't even now the name of this list menu

Bye

Wawanee

Quote Originally Posted by Wawanee View Post
    There's this upper right (slide down) menu, where all your armies, fleets, cots and buildings are listed. I have a very strange problem with my mac version of EU Divine Wind and this listing. I am not pretty sure whether this is a bug or just a graphical problem but except fleet battles non of my armies, fleets, sieges, cots etc. are shown.

Is there a .gui or .gfx file for this upper right menu? I have been looking into all the gfx files and found nothing...

Maybe one interface modder can help me with some infos

Thanks in advance

Wawanee
    Not sure if tweaking the file well help because the outliner is set to to right and give a x = -200 value. Meaning the window should appear 200 pixels left of the far right regardless of your resolution settings. It sounds almost like the game is not recognizing yout resolution. A different res might help.

If you want to tweak the file involved (backing up the original 1st) Open C:\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III\interface\outliner.gui

the very first entry may be of help:
    guiTypes = {

windowType = {
    name = "outliner"
    backGround=""
    position = { x=-200 y=0 }
    size = { x=200 y=100 }
    moveable = 0
    dontRender = ""
    horizontalBorder= ""
    verticalBorder= ""
    fullScreen = no
    orientation = "UPPER_RIGHT"

I bolded the important entry.. position = { x=-200 y=0 } changing this to { x -350 y=0 } would bring the outliner left by 150 pixels. x is horizontal, y is vertical. If this does not help, the try changing orientation = "UPPER_RIGHT" to orientation = "UPPER_LEFT" and for the x value, use about 200 less than the x value of your current resolution. If your resolution width is 1600 You would try { x=1400 y=0 } Remvoing the negative sign before the x in order to move the outliner 1400 from the UPPER_LEFT.

I believe this top entry moves the entire ouliner, than the other entrys fine tune the position od icons and text. You need not bother with the gfx file as that just pints to the textures, its the gui file that positions them. Try tweeking this top entry and see what happens. I work in gui files a lot but haven't actually needed to tweek the outliner. Just from looking at them, I think this last tweek would fix it, but you might have to adjust it a couple times to get it exact.

ps excuse all the typos, if I try to fix them I'd probably just make 12 more. :P
    Last edited by redgreen99; 08-02-2012 at 12:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Wawanee View Post
    Oh! This makes me really look very dumb Thanks a lot for the info... The funny thing is... There is nothing selected, yet the naval combats show up.

Does a .gfx or .gui for this menu exist? That would be interesting, since I don't even now the name of this list menu

Bye

Wawanee
    Its called the Outliner, maybe its working alright. You may as well tweek it anyways, cause once you start modding, you will never stop,

Ah! Thanks for the info. I have been looking for this .gfx and .gui file for quite some time.

Bye

Wawanee

+ Reply to Thread