• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
First of all, Thandros, because there isn't much going on, and theres ONE player involved.

OOC: The Isolationist revolt in Dai nam got it's own map( Page 50 post 10) and that only involved one player and nothing happened it started then straight away stopped as the French attacked and any way it's hard to have anything happen when your vaguely ordering your troops to attack the rebels doesn't exactly encourage organised campaigns by either side when all you have to go on is reports that they exist.

Because no special tactics have been used, the rebels were always there and aren't the result of player action. They stopped attacking when the French invaded, for the reason that the french were invading. And if you want more info, you can ask for it. No one is stopping you.

OOC: I think GP's should be allowed at least one GP ally, but perhaps limit other alliances. For instance, give people 7 'alliance points';

5 points - GP alliance
2 points - major unciv (Japan and China only)/minor civ
1 points - minor unciv non sphere (Stuff like Egypt, Persia and the like would be minor unciv)
0 points - spherelings, puppets and the like

I might be able to make a China map, but I will warn you my knowledge of China is limited to my local Chinese takeaway.

King: You say it once and its done.

Fire: Roughly 25,000

Alliances: How about unlimited trade, but GPs may not ally with GPs.

OOC : That kind of limitation is just...unrealistic...
Like i said before, alliances were usually just temporary and had a set objective (containing x country, taking x territories...)
Balance of Power was important at the time and that was one of the reasons that the powers avoided having close allies...They wanted to avoid something like the Napoleonic Empire happening or even something like the War of Spanish Sucession... (Where it would create a power way too strong compared to any other in the world)

And if you want more info, you can ask for it. No one is stopping you.

OOC: What do you think I've been doing asking for tea and biscuits? Of course I'm asking for more information and not for the first time. All I Know is that I've recaptured Suzhou and that might mean that Shanghai was never attacked a second time but that's about it really.

OOC: Be fair to the GM's. They are dealing with a 7 years war refight, the USCW, a Vermin infestation, Indochina and the Taiping rebellion.

Ill offer again to make a map if Im given the correct info.

OOC: Commies. Damn Commies. Now go find me my surf board.

OOC: They aren't normal commies. They are true commies!

OOC: That warm gasoline smell...

If you CLEARLY state what specifics you want, instead of whining about it, then we'll answer your question. But complaining is doing no one any favors, and is simply making it harder for us to run this game.

OOC: Again offering to make a map if given the details, and possibly after being told what a China is and what it does?

OOC: To the GMs, are there any thoughts of differentiating between an alliance and a purely defensive agreement?

OOC: Fry, I'll be sending you revised orders tomorrow which will help Bavaria deal with, and hopefully remove some threats!

Prussia.jpg

Men of Deutschland! The French have come to us to offer peace! Haha! They are weak! They request that we allow our friends in the German confederation to be annexed by the traitorous Bavarians! They also want the Rhineland for Bavaria! They say that they will compensate Prussia with the lands more of our friends in the German confederation! They offer to betray their allies to that we will betray ours!

But we shall not! True Germans do not go back on their argeements! This offer shows us that they are weak and willing to sacrifice their allies to further their own goals!

We shall never abandon the Rhine, or Lothringen, or Alsace! Deutschland uber alles!

French Peace Offer said:
*Bavaria will annex the German confederacy and Prussian lands not connected to Prussia
*Prussia will get parts of German confederacy to compensate its lost land not connecting to the main part of Prussian Kingdom.

*France, however, will not form a permanent alliance with Bavaria.
*France will not aid either Austria or Russia in their war against you.

Awaiting your response,
Napoleon III