• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Yes. Seeing as Unionist support is stronger in the South and weaker in the North than in 1914. Not to mention that I wont get anything past Parliament.

OOC: Yes. Seeing as Unionist support is stronger in the South and weaker in the North than in 1914. Not to mention that I wont get anything past Parliament.

OOC: Yeah that's true. Oh well, maybe the Irish will win....

OOC: If by win you mean be brought to heel and then given Dominion status when Im fully satisfied with their level of civilisation, then yes, you are correct.

OOC: If by win you mean be brought to heel and then given Dominion status when Im fully satisfied with their level of civilisation, then yes, you are correct.

There's a reason why half your country is following a bushy-bearded German.

OOC: Hey, Im kinda an asshole. What else can I say?

Also, Queen Victoria does not have a beard.

OOC: Fry, could I play as the Irish if I die horribly as the CSA?

I'm RPing for the Catalans and Basques

Sui: Only if you get conquered.

OOC: Im more afraid of the French fleet than the Spanish. And the French melt when they touch water.

OOC: Hey you guys destroy each other more :p I'm already a decent second naval power through your war.

OOC: Think 1805 and you might have some success.

Battle of Sharpsburg: March 1862

As the Winter faded away from the South, and President Davis conferencing with Generals Lee and Jackson during the winter period, the Confederacy felt the had a winning strategy to end the war. First proposed by General Thomas Jackson, this proposed "Valley Campaign" would send Lee's Army of Northern Virginia up through the Shenandoah Valley, emerging in Maryland - then swinging due East and capturing the capitol of the United States of America.

The eccentric General Jackson's plan seemed brilliant. The Army of Northern Virginia had a good strength. They were relatively well-armed, with a clear line of supply for their wagon trains to follow them up the Shenandoah Valley. In early February, President Davis ordered General Lee initiate the Valley Campaign.

General Jackson wasted no time. He sent his Corps straight into the Valley as soon as he was given command of his army in Richmond. The stressed Confederate transportation system brought him and his troops only so far. On March 1st, the 1st Corps of the Army of Northern Virginia waited on the border between Virginia and Maryland for the arrival of General Lee from the other side of the mountains.

Lee arrived on March 4th, and together the two generals merged their forces once again and slowly crossed the Potomac River into Maryland. While this was happening, the soldiers where chanting "Maryland, My Maryland". Many believed this would be a campaign to liberate Maryland from Federal control.

lee_jackson.jpg

1. Generals Lee and Jackson meeting after Jackson's push through the Valley.

The Union Army, under direct orders from President Lincoln to prevent a crossing of the Potomac, rushed westward to meet their Confederate foe. A series of skirmishes broke out as both sides approached each other, nothing more than a few casualties, and it was mostly done by Cavalry.

The actual battle took place along Antietam Creek in Maryland, near the town of Sharpsburg. General Lee's Army of Northern Virginia slammed into the half-organized Army of the Potomac, who was trying to cross the creek. The fighting seemed to be inconclusive until Jackson reared around, crossed the creek, and slammed his army into the rear of the Union Army, shifting the tide of battle towards the Confederacy. The conclusive victory for the Confederacy came with the fierce fighting in the cornfields, where the embattled Union Army struggled to regain the initiative, and instead was meet with a huge slaughterhouse of death.

As the sun was setting, the Union Army, fully routed, retreated at full pace back towards Washington. The blood-stained Confederates, would have nothing of it. Breaking out of orders, General Jackson disengaged his 1st Corps and chased after the retreating Yankees, inflicting more harm until they themselves had to settle down. [-5,000 Regulars from the USA. -4,000 Regulars from the CSA. -10,000 Conscripts from the USA. -6,000 Conscripts from the CSA.]

Battle_of_Antietam.png

2. Fighting during the Battle of Sharpsburg.

General Jackson, confident in his plan, held a conference with General Lee and they formalized their final plan. The Army of Northern Virginia would follow the battered Army of the Potomac and assault Washington D.C., to end the war.

President Lincoln and the residents of Washington were in a panic. Hasty fortifications where made, several of which collapsed under their own weight. The residents themselves took up guns to try and defend their nation's capitol, upon seeing the grizzly state of the returning Union Soldiers.

The Battle of Washington took place on March 18th, 1862. Thousands of Union men gallantly fought for their country against the might of the Army of Northern Virginia. Citizens, men, and women all took up arms against the Confederacy, but it was to no avail. After an even bloodier battle, the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia broke through the Union Centre, capturing most of their supplies and decimating the army from the inside out. The Army of the Potomac was shattered. Any shred of moral was lost when the Confederate Flag was hoisted over the United States Capitol. President Lincoln decided to flee the city, ordering everything of value set to fire and destroyed. The band of soldiers formerly called the Army of the Potomac protected the President and evacuated him Northwards towards Pennsylvania. [-5,000 Regulars from the CSA. -5,000 Conscripts from the CSA. -25,000 Conscripts from the USA. -5,000 Regulars from the USA.]

RuinsofRichmondApril1865.jpg

3. Ruins of Washington D.C. after the Union abandoned the capitol.

The Confederacy gained very little in material goods from capturing Washington, D.C., but they did gain control of a large portion of the National Treasury, as well as dealt the largest blow ever felt to the Union in the war to date. General Lee sent word to President Davis of his success, and, entering into the White House, held a meeting of his staff in President Lincoln's War Room, gaining untold knowledge of the War Effort. [-£800 from the USA. +£800 to the CSA.]

OOC: Does Suirantes actually know my plans now? And will he if I change them?

The Dutch Government will support the British measure on two conditions

1. The Irish people are allowed to decide whether or not to remain with the British Union

2. The people of Flanders are allowed to decide whether they want to be a part of the Netherlands or of Belgium.

OOC: Not my fault I didn't find some cigar wrapping this time :p Give me a few months and some decent rolls and this should be under wraps anyway. Just need to dig out some maps.

Screw this, I've got a plan and it's gonna be awesome.

Last edited: