• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: If Prussia just supported our new German state, France, Austria and Russia would probably peace out. It is Prussias fault that it's getting invaded by foreigners.

Prussia declared that if Prussian revolutionaries attending the Bavarian conference weren't removed, and sent back to Prussia to be imprisoned, they would declare war. If I remember correctly, Hanover declared war after this threat.

OOC: If Prussia just supported our new German state, France, Austria and Russia would probably peace out. It is Prussias fault that it's getting invaded by foreigners.

OOC: If you had backed down and given up the revolutionaries, Prussia wouldn't be invaded either :rolleyes:

Prussia declared that if Prussian revolutionaries attending the Bavarian conference weren't removed, and sent back to Prussia to be imprisoned, they would declare war. If I remember correctly, Hanover declared war after this threat.

So still technically Hanover as the agressor, after all, it could have been a bluff.

OOC: Basically we've had enough of Prussia throwing its weight around and treating us like vassals.

If you consider the response to a threat of war, with war, then maybe. International law was still shaky back then, and you could probably argue both cases, but in reality I think the Bavarian-Hanover case would win, with Prussia being the aggressor.

GqpZf.png

Our homeland is under attack!

Another foreign threat has decided to take the trecherous route and attack France when it is the most vulnerable. The threacherous Kindgodom of Italy, a country lead by shameless liars, has betrayed my trust by declaring war against us shortly after they proclaimed their peaceful intentions and signed trade agreement with us.
The second French Empire and Kingdom of Italy agrees

*Open borders for trade between themselves.

[x] signed by Napoleon III
[x] signed Victor Emmanuel II of Italy

They couldn`t be trusted, Spain was not to be trusted, Britons wasn`t to be trusted. No one can be trusted!
No one but our countrymen, our government, OUR EMPEROR! Rise! Fight! Defend our homeland against foreign invaders!

France will crush its enemies, France will rebuild Brest and its navy of high seas! France will drive every single invader off its soil and will make them pay.
Hear this plead, patriots of the Tricolore, I need you!

Napoleon III

OOC: Basically we've had enough of Prussia throwing its weight around and treating us like vassals.

OOC: Really? The southern German states were under the hilt of Austria until 1865. Besides, I've only have the north German states on my side since the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved. Austria was treating us like vassals under the HRE.

OOC: I never started rioting. I never even invited your revolutionaries or Hannover...

But I guess it's all to late now

OOC: Really? The southern German states were under the hilt of Austria until 1865. Besides, I've only have the north German states on my side since the Holy Roman Empire was dissolved. Austria was treating us like vassals under the HRE.

Either way, we just want our own state.

Last edited:
OOC: This whole European war really makes me chuckle, taking into consideration a few PMs I sent out before it even started. Ah well.

It went to war with itself.

The United States of America is a Federation of States, as it's name implies. It is a good model, and something which has inspired some of our planned reforms. However, on the issue of secession, being a Federation, the individual States should at all times maintain the sovereignty to be able to decide to secede or stay in the Federation. It is a voluntary federation of States which have united to fight the British, and then expanded as the Americans moved West and South. Therefore, we defend that the right to secede from the Union is a fundamental right of the states that are in the United States of America. The people of the States that chose to secede supported the decision, and therefore the United States should respect their wish and sign a peace declaration that recognizes the right of individual States to secede.

However, Spain is not a Federation of States. Spain is one State, one government, one country. To acknowledge the right of a minority to secede from Spain and create their own country is a dangerous precedent. Taking the example of the United States, it would be the equivalent to one third of Pennsylvania deciding that they should be independent, because they don't want to pay taxes and provide soldiers to the Federal Government. Furthermore, in both the cases in Spain, the independence movements aren't representative of the population. They are radical movements, supported by foreign powers, in yet another assault on Spanish territorial integrity by France, that attempt to manipulate the population by the most despicable means in order to be rewarded by their foreign masters. We believe that the above also makes it entirely different from the situation of the Confederates.

Lastly, you could argue about the German federation and their right to secede, and I do agree that, if the people shows support to secede from the Federation, they should be allowed to do so. However, the reality is quite different. People yearn for Unification. They know that they will continue to be under siege from powerful hostile neighbors, such as the despicable France, the large Russian Empire, and the Austrians, and that only united can they break the siege and be treated amongst the nations of Europe as equals.

The Basque and Catalans are completely different nationality and have had long lasting independence movements, supported by local population.
France didn`t ''incite revolts'' or ''support radicals'' when the Spain decided to attack its Northern neighbour without any sign of provocation, they did it themselves. All France did was to offer help against their Spanish oppressors, offer help in industrialization and an offer of guarantee of independence from its Spanish oppressors.
Fin!
All this is backed by common knowledge and international newspapers. Maybe the Spanish court reads its own propoganda, but apparently its victims doesn`t.

OOC:completely forgot that red Ceasar supported CSA.
Clerk responsible for this glaring error has been executed.

Last edited:
OOC: @Jakalo, if that's your line on the CSA, you might want to issue a statement withdrawing France's recognition of them?

@Morrell, well the odds of my victory have improved significantly since France and Britain both erupted in conflict :p

While Sweden maintains their neutrality, I would personally like to point out that it is legal to secede from the Unidet States of America under the 10th amendment. There is no spanish law that allows a spanish city to secede from Spain.

While Kingdom of Spain has made some distinctions that are unnessecary, CSA by the laws of USA has the every right to secede from the USA.

Again, the USA is confused as the why the Swedes think they can dictate to us the nature of our own constitution. I quote a previous statement issued earlier this year, "States of the USA can discuss [with the Federal government] their position within the Union at any time. They do however have no right to unilaterally secede from the Union."