• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What question? Sorry. I didn't see it.

OOC: It's ok. This is what I asked:

OOC: I will make an IC post tomarrow, and great way to quickly end my war Frymonmon ;)
Will I have to make a peace treaty with the rebels via you posting as them? Or will I just make something, confirm it with you, and put it in my order + IC post?

The update says I'm at peace now, but it also said a cease fire was inplace, meaning fighting could break out just as easily as peace.

French Basque and French Catalonia are still French.

Also, King, Your at peace. Completely. There are no more rebels - the war is over.

OOC: In future I would like to see less GM influence on war - I mean the part where countries get recruits out of thin air as they start to lose territory. USA civil war are prime example of this. Make it players choice - more men=lower stability/less income/infrastructure. Also less crazy events, like Marxist uprising in country that haven't been at war for a long time. Irish revolution would be a stretch, but more acceptable.

Aside from that - good work. Especially updates are really well written, joy to read them.

We can't really do that. We usher in public opinion. If the Fatherland feels threatened, you get patriotic volunteers. That's how things work. You CAN raise additional forces, but we add in a special kick, for realism. Not everything is controlled by the player, and they have to take that into account when fermenting orders and plans.

During the American Civil War, many volunteers where raised by fanatically claiming that the foe was approaching their land (SEE: Document; MEN OF VIRGINA! TO THE RESCUE!)

During the American Civil War, many volunteers where raised by fanatically claiming that the foe was approaching their land (SEE: Document; MEN OF VIRGINA! TO THE RESCUE!)

OOC: Was that done by local population, or government, and how much men did they get ? In last battle update there were 230 000 men added to one or other side. In this game, where armies are significantly smaller than IRL, it is quite a lot.

I was done by the local population by issue of the Government, that was too inept to distribute it fully. Exact numbers are not available, but half of the Army of Northern Virginia's strength came from 1861 (Approx 30,000 men). This is not including the men that arose to join garrison duties and other armies. The American Civil War saw the Union Army with 2,000,000 men. The Confederacy had around 1,000,000. I am simply getting the numbers up there to scale the immense mobilization both sides under went during the war.

OOC: I think your both great! And im really impressed by the amount of work you put in.

OOC: This European war is so ridiculous that it deserves its own Polandball comic.

Yes, but that country is on the verge of collapse. Sort of like a last ditch mobilization.

Ahh, so there will be some sort of consequences, like lowered stability or something like that ?

I was done by the local population by issue of the Government, that was too inept to distribute it fully. Exact numbers are not available, but half of the Army of Northern Virginia's strength came from 1861 (Approx 30,000 men). This is not including the men that arose to join garrison duties and other armies. The American Civil War saw the Union Army with 2,000,000 men. The Confederacy had around 1,000,000. I am simply getting the numbers up there to scale the immense mobilization both sides under went during the war.

I have no problem if there were player orders, I just find it strange that such a big part of both combatants armies comes from GM events. I also don't know much about civil war, it may be possible, that it was done this way.

Oh no, all of these where player orders. Only the Mini-Updates are the GM intervention.

Also, There ARE consequences for mobilization and mass conscription. The economy will retract. Industry will shrink, and if it goes on long enough, infrastructure will fall apart. This is NOT the other BoP Game. We are running, as close as we can, a simulation of the real world, with actions and reactions. There is A LOT that goes on underneath that me and Cesar keep track of. The "Guts" of the game if you will.

OOC: Both updates I've said mobilise men. I've been seeing it as an interpretation of that. I'm not expecting my finances to be looking very rosy by the end.

OOC: Both updates I've said mobilise men. I've been seeing it as an interpretation of that. I'm not expecting my finances to be looking very rosy by the end.

OOC: For me it is even worse, a third of my population are slaves which I can't mobilise without a coup. And generally a smaller population than yours.

Oh no, all of these where player orders. Only the Mini-Updates are the GM intervention.

Also, There ARE consequences for mobilization and mass conscription. The economy will retract. Industry will shrink, and if it goes on long enough, infrastructure will fall apart. This is NOT the other BoP Game. We are running, as close as we can, a simulation of the real world, with actions and reactions. There is A LOT that goes on underneath that me and Cesar keep track of. The "Guts" of the game if you will.

Thanks for clearing that up :)