• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
450px-Flag_of_Belgium.svg.png

We find the Dutch responsible for the agitation in Flanders! We shall fight once again for our independence from the Dutch! Death to the Dutch Invader!

[Belgium and the Netherlands are now at war.]

OOC: The only thing left now is Switzerland declaring war on Italy.

Lincoln is intrigued as to how the Spanish government has suddenly become the international expert on the status of our Federation. It is laughable that a government which has to forcibly suppress it's own people feels it can dictate to us the nature of our nation.

OOC: And before you say it, the South declared war on me when I asked for peace.

OOC: My new orders will be like this: Disband all armies and surrender to the Union forces like a good Robert E. Lee would.

OOC: Hey that's all the good he did for me! :p

If I get the United States War Orders today I can write a Civil War Update.

If not, I'm just going to write a War of 1861 update.

OOC: Could you give me troop numbers for the AKY, ATN, AAZ and that Confed army in the West please? And if I have any unallocated troops? I'll probably get round to writing orders if I could get those numbers, thanks.

OOC: I have the stats of that army, they are:
ANM:
Regulars: 0
Conscripts: 25,000

OOC: Fry posts the stats of both armies most of the time. It is not that big of a secret.

OOC: The troop numbers were never secret before. In the updates Fry tells everyone troop losses and how many have gone where.

I'll do an Army Comparison update.

EDIT: I want your feedback folks. How am I doing as GM? What would you like to see changed?

Lincoln is intrigued as to how the Spanish government has suddenly become the international expert on the status of our Federation. It is laughable that a government which has to forcibly suppress it's own people feels it can dictate to us the nature of our nation.

OOC: And before you say it, the South declared war on me when I asked for peace.

The Kingdom of Spain kindly remarks that your offer of peace did not respect the right to secession of the Confederate States. I have complete confidence that the CSA would have preferred to obtain secession without bloodshed, as they have made no claims on the United States.

The Kingdom of Spain would also like to deny, and demand an official apology from the government of the United States, who, in words of it's President, has smeared the great nation of Spain and it's wise regime. We have not, and will do everything in our power to avoid killing our own people. This amnesty, however, does not extend to foreign-backed politically radical independence fighters who used foreign funds to build a power base. We sent a contingent to ensure peace in Catalonia, as our secret services collected evidence of foreign involvement in supporting the rebels. We did not take any violent action against our people, and, if the people cooperates, we will be able to prevent shedding the blood of Spanish people. We offer exile to these foreign instigators. Let them seek asylum amongst the French, whom they worship, after the destruction they brought to Iberia.

Last, but not the least, the Kingdom of Spain would like to announce the creation of an Algerian National authority, which will have autonomy to administrate Algeria after the war is over. We hope to be able to count on the Algerians to rise up and defend their land from French depredations. We believe this is our best response to the smears of representatives from nations such as the United States of America, who accuse the Kingdom of Spain of repressing their own people, whom I love with all my heart.

OOC: Orders might take around +10 hours, I'm afraid.

OOC: I'd like to see my generals not surrender 75,000 men in the future :p Seriously though, I can't think of anything I'd change.

The United States government will offer no apology to the Spanish government at this point in time. States of the USA can discuss their position within the Union at any time. They do however have no right to unilaterally secede from the Union. Should the Spanish government rescind their 'recognition' of the Southern states, we will happily normalise our relations your government.

Last edited:
OOC: Add population. Add army quality and stuff so it is easier to compare armies.

Not much else to change. Au Revoir.