• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Bavarian government seems to be ridiculous claiming that it never demanded rhineland, i think the nations of the world remember well how you tried to incite revolution on the prussian territories. And even claims that Prussia was intolerant towards catholics, are you mad? Prussia follows on Frederick's footsteps and tolerates the catholics on their country, however, i am not sure if you would tolerate the protestants, seeing how you seem to have a hatred for them.

OOG: Yay for World War 1? Psst Brazil...you should take some of those French lands in South America.

OOC : Tempting, yet dangerous, i'm not stupid...unless Britain proves that it can survive and destroy the marxist before they cause the empire's collapse :p

Well, if the marxists won...the empire would collapse as they wouldn't be loyal to the commies and would either declare complete independence or invite the royal government to rule on their countries...

My navy alone is nowhere near the french one :(

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

We would like to see proof of us inciting rebellion. We have never done the sorts. And the northern half of our nation is filled with Protestants. How do we treat them badly? You really should think before you spurt rubbish.

But I suppose it doesn't matter what you say. It's not as if we hold your views with a great deal of importance.

The Kingdom of Spain condemns the Russian attack on Prussia, fearing that the population in East Prussia will suffer the same fate as the Polish. We also condemn Bavaria for their blatant hypocrisy in recognizing "Pais Basco" and "Cataluña" as independent countries, which has no support neither from international law, nor from the majority of the people of Spain, while they do not recognize Elsass-Lothringen's independence from France and support a country that attempted to kill and destroy the whole region, while Spain invests in making the Basques and Catalonians more prosperous in an unified Spain than they could ever be on their own. We woe the people of Bavaria, who must put up with such an hypocrite government, who is betraying their people by siding with France.

Likewise, we urge Austria to accept that their supposedly "multicultural" empire is a failure, it is an Austrian Empire, who subjugates Hungarians, Serbs, Croats, Italians, and other peoples. Austria would do well to look up to Spain to see a multicultural society, who can create harmony between different Iberian cultures, by treating all cultures as equals. Their only path, now, is either to conduct immediate sweeping reforms, or to grant independence to those once independent countries.

The USA is amused by the Spanish line. They were overly eager to recognise the rebel states of the Union, yet when another nation recognises their own rebels, they call it hypocrisy. Congress wishes to remind the Spanish that the so called 'Confederate States of America' also has no basis in international law, nor the support of the majority of the population of the USA. If they happily recognise the 'CSA' despite this, why does the Spanish government not recognise their own rebels as independent states?

OOC: Was there even such a concept as 'international law' at this point? Not even the Geneva Convention had been written had it?

OOC: Really? Fair enough. My knowledge of the history of international law is limited at best. My IC stands as it is anyway. Just chalk it up as bias.

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

We, like the Americans, are also amused at the Spanish hypocrisy. We are also amazed at the Spanish trying to give advice to Austria on creating harmony between cultures. The differnt cultures of Iberia are rebelling against your rule. That is not harmony.

Last edited:
Prussia.jpg

The Kingdom of Prussia thanks Italy, the Grenadine Confederation and Spain for their support. We would also like to remind the United States that the Confederacy supports Bavaria and are supplied by Bavaria's ally, France.

If the Catholics of the Rhine hate us so much, why have they heeded the call to arms of Otto von Bismarck. We true Germans stand strong together, to fight against this onslaught of enemies and traitors.

Last edited:
The USA see's that it needs to clarify it's position with regard to the European war. We are friendly with nations on both sides of the war, and conversely certain nations on each side have earned the distrust of the USA. Furthermore, our critique of the Spanish position was not intended to be a critique of all powers fighting against the French, but was based on confusion at their apparently contradictory reasoning. We welcome the Spanish to clarify their meaning in this matter.

OOC: Does the Confederacy support Bavaria? Must have missed that.

The Kingdom of Spain wishes to shed light into our previous statements, to prevent having our name smeared by allegations of hypocrisy, which, as we will demonstrate, are without any basis on reality.

The United States of America is a Federation of States, as it's name implies. It is a good model, and something which has inspired some of our planned reforms. However, on the issue of secession, being a Federation, the individual States should at all times maintain the sovereignty to be able to decide to secede or stay in the Federation. It is a voluntary federation of States which have united to fight the British, and then expanded as the Americans moved West and South. Therefore, we defend that the right to secede from the Union is a fundamental right of the states that are in the United States of America. The people of the States that chose to secede supported the decision, and therefore the United States should respect their wish and sign a peace declaration that recognizes the right of individual States to secede.

However, Spain is not a Federation of States. Spain is one State, one government, one country. To acknowledge the right of a minority to secede from Spain and create their own country is a dangerous precedent. Taking the example of the United States, it would be the equivalent to one third of Pennsylvania deciding that they should be independent, because they don't want to pay taxes and provide soldiers to the Federal Government. Furthermore, in both the cases in Spain, the independence movements aren't representative of the population. They are radical movements, supported by foreign powers, in yet another assault on Spanish territorial integrity by France, that attempt to manipulate the population by the most despicable means in order to be rewarded by their foreign masters. We believe that the above also makes it entirely different from the situation of the Confederates.

Lastly, you could argue about the German federation and their right to secede, and I do agree that, if the people shows support to secede from the Federation, they should be allowed to do so. However, the reality is quite different. People yearn for Unification. They know that they will continue to be under siege from powerful hostile neighbors, such as the despicable France, the large Russian Empire, and the Austrians, and that only united can they break the siege and be treated amongst the nations of Europe as equals.

Last edited:
Ottoman Empire
4loaiu.png

Public statement regarding peace conference in Istanbul.

King of Prussia.
While I admire your determination, I must point out, that this isn't necessarily a best time for creating United German state. Firstly you are facing not only German states you want to integrate in your country, and your traditional rival Austria, but French Empire and Russia as well.

Your main ally are facing large scale internal revolution. While British Empire will undoubtedly prevail it will take time, money and manpower. And even then, do you think British Empire will be willing to shed blood for the creation of united Germany ? The same country, that have worked tirelessly for centuries to keep balance in Europe intact ?

The Queen-Empress Victoria.
I seek your support to end this bloody conflict. Creation of strong central German state isn't blow to your interests, in fact I believe the opposite is true. While new central German state will be weaker than Kingdom of Prussia and even Austrian Monarchy, it will be strong enough to be serious player in European politics. Together with Prussia they will be enough to stop expansion of France, together with Austria, they will be strong enough to stop Prussian ambitions.

To Victor Emmanuel II of Italy.
Our peace proposal cedes all territories with Italian speaking majority (Tyrol and Istra is german/slavic)

Here are original peace proposal

Signed, Sultan Abdülmecid.

Edit.
OOC: I just wanted to remind everyone, that it's only 1862. Bit too early for creation of such large alliances (from gameplay, not historical perspective) and it seems, that GM agrees, hence the uprasings. We'll have plenty of time for ww1, but let's play multi-power world a bit. After all there is plenty of land ripe for taking in Africa, Asia and Americas :p

Last edited:
OOC: I think Britain will have a hard time surviving in this situation. Most likely they will move their capital overseas to India or Canada ala Kaiserreich.

OOC: Yes, but your a defeatist who has no concept of strategy. :p

Edzako, Im not even going to bother with an IC reply to that peace plan. It actually takes stuff away from me and as always for Britain, time is on my side.

OOC: My new orders will be like this: Disband all armies and surrender to the Union forces like a good Robert E. Lee would.