• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Dutch government is annoyed that the Belgians tried to pin an open revolt in their nation on us, we had nothing to do with the fact that the Flemish people felt so oppressed that they had to take up arms. We will offer to send in some peacekeepers to make sure that Flanders can still operate and hopefully they will trust us more than the Belgians.

The American Civil War: Christmas of 1861

jan1862.png

OOC: Give me army stats please.

|OOC: Can I have map of armies in Europe I am extremely curious how can Prussians hold so many fronts, they had a smaller army in the Franco-Prussian war than France and that was with German confederacy on their side.

Edit: can I also have a (pm me) map of French overseas deployment of armies and fleets. I find out about them only as they are destroyed :/

The Japanese government is outraged at France's threatening nature! We have no choice but to support our Vietnamese allies. Emperor Komei has called for volunteers throughout the land while motivating the shipbuilders to build more ships! 30,000 regulars shall be sent to Vietnam, it's transport ships guarded by the Japanese Imperial Navy

The Government of the Great Qinq rulers of all under heaven are outraged that the French feel that they can walk all over a nation inside the Chinese Sphere of Influence. While the Ongoing Taiping revolt prevents official Intervention the Chinese Emperor is planning to issue orders to form Volunteer corps to support the Vietnamese from unjustified French Aggression. The Emperor feels that working together for the greater good should be the aim for the World.

OCC: I'm slightly Confused. We're doing it in Half Years right now so do we get new stats now or not.

Quick note. Peace Keepers do not exist yet. And neither does the term.

cesar.png
The Workers Party of Britain hereby stands with the people, fearless in the face of oppression by these liberal overlords! The Workers of Britain have united against tyranny, and here we make our stand! Today, begins the first step towards World Revolution, and the fall of Capitalism! Today, begins the end of Tyranny! Workers of The World, UNITE!

Signed,
Karl Marx, Chairman of The Workers Party of Britain.

That flag....Is significantly smaller then I realized.....sigh.

Last edited:
Sweden is saddened as the globe becomes more violent every time we turn our heads.

Sweden would like to also clarify our foreign policy. We will be dropping out any declarations of support to other nations. Recent moves made by Denmark are clearly interventionist in nature and thus does not deserve status of being "neutral".

Now if you excuse me, I have a government that requires shrinking.

DaiNamFlag.png

A Message from the Leader of Dai Nam:

Dear people of Dai Nam. I make this message to inform you and respond to the unprovoked aggression of the French Empire on our nation. On this day almost a year ago the French attacked us. They took from us our land, our people and our pride. They stole from us that day and this day they attempted to do it again. They will not succeed. I have already been sent a message from the leader of the Rebels in the south. We have put aside our difference and laid the resentment of the past to the dirt. We have united our forces and together we will drive out this invader, but we are not alone. Across the sea our ally Japan has agreed to join us in this struggle, across the world, the Americas and Europe, Nations, men or different races and beliefs are fighting this great struggle as well. We will not fail, we will not fall, we will drive the enemy from our lands and they will know the full extent of our retribution.

OOC: Because Fry tempted me to, I am gonna hatch a crazy plan of trapping African Gorillas and letting them loose in Washington, D.C. and filming it with the cameraman being another gorilla.

OOC: And here begins Jefferson Davies' speedy descent into madness.

The Siege of Allenstein: January 1862

The Russian Empire under Tsar Alexander III was eager to try and establish their authority over the people. Tsar Alexander III, just recently placed on the throne after Tsar Alexander II was murdered. Tsar Alexander III announced to the people of St. Petersburg that the Russian Empire was going to start engaging the Prussian Army on the Russian-Prussian border the next day. News of this quickly spread, and reached Prussia only after the Russians had captured several towns along the border, and engaged the Prussian Army. Losses were minimal on both sides, as the Prussians had ordered a retreat into Allenstein, Prussia to solidify their defenses.

The 50,000 strong Russian Army stormed across the Prussian country side, clashing with the Prussian Army in the Siege of Allenstein. The Prussian Army stood it's ground as the Russians hammered against their lines. The Prussian Army ultimately won a Pyrrhic victory over the Russians after 10 days of fighting, and a combined casualty rate of 45,000 men. [-20,000 Regulars from Russia. -15,000 Conscripts from Prussia.]

800px-Panorama_dentro.JPG

1. The Russian siege of Allenstein, January 1862.

The Russians backed off an set up camp just outside of Allenstein, as the Prussians, vastly disorganized and unable to react to the onset of war, struggled to inform Berlin of the development. The Kingdom of Prussia now faced a three-front war. Upon hearing the news of the Russian invasion, Minister President Otto von Bismark remarked "God Damn Them! That is all! We shall simply kill each and every French, Austrian, and Russian soldier!"

OOC: How strong are the nationalists in Ireland?

OOC: Now if only Australia declares independence...

The Irish Nationalists are fairly strong. Around 150,000 men.