• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We only wish to be independent of the Yankee tyrants, we never wished for war, but you asked for it!

Well you were the ones who seceded and you were the ones who fired first.

We maintain that it is only the South that has so far acted aggressively in it's assault of Fort Sumter

We remind the South that we have not declared war and have expressed our wishes for peaceful reconciliation.

Your policy says that our secession is illegal, therefore prepare to fight!

Her Majesties Government advises the government of the United States to refrain from petty name calling and other such immature actions. International relations are not to be used as a field for japes and other such schoolboyish pranks.​

OOC: Heres a hint. Dont piss off the 2 most powerful nations in the world more than you already have. :p

500px-Flag_of_the_Second_Empire_of_Brazil.svg.png

Brazil recognizes the CSA as a nation only wishing to free herself from a dominant country, we hope embassies will be opened as soon as possible and that you manage to gain independence, i believe trade would benefit both of our countries, however we can't risk opening high-scale trading as i fear the convoys can't be properly protected as of now.

As to the brazilian population, i hope the country will manage to find its way on modernity, therefore, i ask for your support on the industrialization process that shall take place on the country on the coming year.

OOC : No one likes the USA! :p

OOC: *Cough Cough* IT IS SPELLT COlOMBIA DAMNIT *COUGH COUGH*

Alright.

Colombia and Dai Nam.

Nation Registration is now Officially Closed.

Woah there, let Fry finish what he's got, and see if we're taking on more players first. Can't guarantee you guys anything, but hopefully we'll be able to take more.

Err…Nvm.

South America is oddly full. This is the largest showing for South America I've seen in any game yet.

OOC : I'm interesting in knowing the current status of my navy...just to give some info on it (not a lot tough...)

The Armada was constantly being modernized with the latest developments in naval warfare. It adopted steam navigation in the 1830s, ironclad plate armor in the 1860s, and torpedoes in the 1880s. By 1889, Brazil had the fifth or sixth most powerful navy in the world and the most powerful battleships in the western hemisphere. The Army, despite its highly experienced and battle-hardened officer corps, was plagued during peacetime by units which were badly paid, inadequately equipped, poorly trained and thinly spread across the vast Empire.
From Wikipedia.

Sometimes i wonder if i shouldn't have kept a neutral position on the civil war, considering the USA was friendly to Brazil in OTL...Don't know if the current US player would be friendlier than the CSA anyway...

OOC: Wow, you don't waste time messing around. First day and already plently of action. You do know, that despite all that "catton is king" rhetoric USA was way more important to British trade than CSA ? And that was one of the main reasons the didn't take part. Also USA in that time was one of prime destinations for British investors who made good money on skyrocketing USA development. While this war may cut significant funds from private investors, it will be felt both ways.

Many will be shocked when the first update rolls around. You all will quickly find out that this is NOT Balance of Power.

OOC: Is it ok if I send orders tommorow? Im waiting for a PM response and Im quite tired.

Yes. I do not expect orders fully in until Friday.

In the face of overwhelming force the USA is forced to concede British interference in trade.

OOC: Woop gangrape.