• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Brazil could rename themselves Lotharangia if they felt like it.
Those forts would become obsolete pretty soon...
OOC: But they are still effective now. Just add more armaments to it as the years go by and I'll be fine. Sweden is being neutral in this game, again.
I figured it would take more to make Lotharingia, but as long as you have Lothringen, it's still a viable name change.

My nations has sailed longer than your country's existence Bavaria, and for you to lecture us on our navy is laughable. It might be small, but with hundreds of years of experience, we can work well with very few ships. Your only experience with ships is fishing and fetching King Ludwig's corpse.

OOC: I guess but they wouldn't have much of an advantage compared to ships.

OOC: I guess but they wouldn't have much of an advantage compared to ships.
OOC: Need to get naval batteries. Naval batteries in Kobenhaven would make getting into the Baltic impossible if you are at war with me. Although, I need to have defence on the west coast because that area is likely for navy invasion.

OOC: yeah bit like Singapore in WW2 the British had huge guns pointing out to sea and the Japanese just attacked them from land so the huge guns were useless.
And you can't really hope to defend the entire coast of the island.

Last edited:
OOC: IC or you both get bitch slapped by Zombie Nelson. :p

OOC: Is Zombie Nelson a General now?:p

OOC : He meant to talk in IC about most in-game matters, it's annoying when we see walls of OOC posts that have no reason to be there, as most are just random and casual talk...
Don't fill this with OOC posts, please...it's fine sometimes, but we only had one major update and look at our number of pages!

OOC: Sorry I haven't got my orders in yet Umm there were problems with Chinese Bureaucracy yeh I'll Send them Now if you don't mind.

The Chinese Emperor has ordered the Killing of all people in the bureaucracy suspected of Corruption while at the same time touring safe provinces to see just how bad his country is.

OOC :

Hmmm, maybe, if i get some support and guarantees that France won't be able to touch me, that is.

It's nice, but i need to warn, Brazil was seen as more stable than its neighbours on that period (mostly because of the monarchy, it was really stable), and therefore got way more immigration...
Brazil was considered by some (like the US itself) as the other emerging power on the americas...ofc, that all ended when the monarchy was overthrown in a coup and we got a bunch of incompetents ruling the country until 1930, when the old republic was destroyed, in fact, Vargas (he was both a dictator and a elected president during the time) was by far our best president...few of our policians managed to do something nice, and when they did, it was not really all that...

If anything, a brazilian player that plays its cards rights can become WAY stronger than on OTL :rolleyes:
I'm starting to think that i should just follow what Dom Pedro II done on OTL...i seriously need his popularity right now, it would allow me to do anything i wanted with the country :D
OOC: No, you're severely delusional. Brazilian immigration really didn't pick up until the late 1880s; 1890s. And it was not in a long shot seen as the most stable country or the most desireable for immigrants (just like in Victoria they do tend to be put off by monarchies and to a minor degree slave holding nations).
The country that was the emerging power of S. America was Argentina and was widely called the USA of the south. It got monstruous immigration (way more than Brazil) and foreign investment, reflecting on its economy TRASHING all of its neighbors in the time period. (By 1900s Argentina GDP/capita was 5x that of Brazil and was on par with Germany and France (really). It went greatly downhill only after WW2.

OOC: No, you're severely delusional. Brazilian immigration really didn't pick up until the late 1880s; 1890s. And it was not in a long shot seen as the most stable country or the most desireable for immigrants (just like in Victoria they do tend to be put off by monarchies and to a minor degree slave holding nations).
The country that was the emerging power of S. America was Argentina and was widely called the USA of the south. It got monstruous immigration (way more than Brazil) and foreign investment, reflecting on its economy TRASHING all of its neighbors in the time period. (By 1900s Argentina GDP/capita was 5x that of Brazil and was on par with Germany and France (really). It went greatly downhill only after WW2.

OOC : Really?
This game takes place in 1861, not 1900.

Now Brazil sucked between 1889 and 1930, yes, the government was...horrible, to keep it short.
But before 1889? The industry was constantly being expanded, railroads being built around the country, the navy was modern and strong, and the government had the support from the population (save for some few exceptions that came mostly from the army and aristocracy). I'd suggest that you check the history of the brazilian empire, as it was stronger than most people seem to think...

I don't remember a lot of info about during 1861, but i'd guess that Brazil was still stronger than its neighbours, but rivaled by Argentina.
(Someday i will pick up my old books on Brazilian history and see if i can find some information during 1861, but atm i'm just feeling lazy, as you probably noticed by my small ammount of text)

Finally, this was said by James Watson :
Brazil is, next to ourselves, the great power on the American continent
Maybe it was just to try to keep cordial relations with Brazil, but whatever, just felt like having some kind of quote there.

Last edited:
July - December 1861

Europe

In Sweden, the Government has decided to take a huge step back from recent months, and have decided to dismantle the Bank of Sweden, effectively floating the Swedish Krona, and leaving it to the banks to determine the value of the Krona. Furthermore, the Swedish Government released its budget for 1862, which eliminated tariffs, but also cut Government expenditure. Another breakthrough was established when Sweden and the Grenadine Confederation signed a trade agreement. [-10 Income per turn. +5 to Trade Balance.]

The Danish Government announced that they would take actions to defend the Baltic Seas from any ships trying to enter into their waters. They also advocated for more people to become sailors. In the middle of implementing a new "Minute Navy" policy, the Danish saw a tragedy strike their desire for a stronger navy. On August 17th, 1861, the entire Danish Navy was patrolling the North Sea, when a surprise squall swept through the area, and it smashed half of the ships into a small, rocky, outcropping a few hundred miles above the United Kingdom. All of the ships that struck the rocks sank shortly after, and the fleet limped home. Public outcry and fear of a navy was immense, and quickly a protest was set up against the "Minute Navy" policy. The Government was forced to abandon it in the fall. [-1 Large Ship. -2 Small Ships.]

The ongoing war along the French-Spanish border proved nothing but continued failures for the Kingdom of Spain. Their failed offensive into Southern France has proven to be a disaster, and the Spanish Army fell back into the Spanish mainland. However, the continued presence of large quantities of troops enraged the Catalans and the Basque people even more. In the fall of 1861, the Kingdom of Catalonia and the Basque Republic were proclaimed due to the hatred of the Spanish people. They quickly mobilized and fielded a sizable army. The Second French Empire, upon hearing this news, immediately recognized these break-away states, and treaties were signed between these three nations, forming an alliance. [Spain loses Catalonia and Basque. Catalonia and Basque added to French Sphere.]

spainlate1861.png

1. The Iberian Peninsula after the Kingdom of Catalonia and the Basque Republic proclaimed Independence.

All across Flanders, Pro-Dutch revolts break out, openly defying the Wallonians and their French-speaking ways. The Belgium Government moves soldiers into Flanders to quell the riots, and finds they were instigated by the Dutch themselves. The Kingdom of Belgium has issued an ultimatum to the Netherlands, asking for them to confirm they incited the riots and that they would never do such a thing again, if they did not - they would face the prospect of war.

The British Civil War swings into overdrive with the Irish Republic declaring independence from Britain, and shipping all the British soldiers back to Wales. Britain, powerless to act because of the Marxist uprising, does not recognize the new Irish Republic and vows to re-conquer the island. [-2 Industry from Britain.]

The ongoing struggle between the the Marxists, called the Workers Commonwealth of Britain, and the legitimate British Government continue when the British perform acts or barbarity against anyone accused of being a Marxist in the areas still under control of Great Britain. The British Government orders any person who is a Marxist and is aiding the rebellion is to be shot on sight, and killed. The British Army foes on a rampage throughout the country. Thousands of civilians are killed, and even more people rise up against the Government. [+50,000 Conscripts to the Marxists.]

BurningofWashington1814.jpg

2. The British Army destroying a popular hotel filled with citizens accused of being Marxists.

To hurt the British Government even more, the City of London was attacked by 150,000 soldiers of the Worker's Commonwealth. The Royal Army mustered 75,000 men to defend the city, but it was to no avail. On December of 1861, the City of London fell to Marxist forces, and a flag of pure Red was raised over the Palace of Westminster. Queen Victoria and the rest of the British Government fled by rail to Maidstone, England, where the Government discussed what to do next. The first decision made was that they would NOT surrender to the Marxist rebels.

In the Worker's Commonwealth, the factories were seized by their Capitalist Owners, with compensation, and ownership was given to an elected body of the workers in that factory. This process was continued even up into the Government, where the Party of the People was established with a democratically elected board. The Chairman was proclaimed as Karl Marx, and he was elected the Chairman of the Party of the People, the de facto head of state of the Worker's Commonwealth.

The Worker's Commonwealth receives a huge boost as a huge supply of French Arms, Supplies, and Goods flow into the country to help aide the revolution against the British Empire. In response, the British Government calls upon all good citizens of Britain to rise up to defend the Queen. Volunteers flock to any place controlled by the Government. [+250,000 Conscripts to the British.]

Railways across the Second French Empire spring up, mostly designed to try and wrench the French away from always using Paris as a hub for communication and transportation inside France. [+1 Infrastructure to the French Empire in 2 turns.]

In the Republic of Alsace-Lorraine, the end of 1861 was marked by the constant battles inside the country. The French Army, under the command of Napoleon III himself, invaded the Republic once again, with the intent of reaching the capital of Strasbourg. Halfway through the country, and establishing a total war policy, the French Army clashed with the Alsatian Army, the Prussian Army, and the German Confederation's Army. The overwhelming show of force by the Prussian coalition caused Napoleon III to rethink his strategy and withdraw cautiously back to France. He forced the Prussians to fight for every inch of territory, fighting in every hill, every valley, and every town and city. The impacts on both armies were enormous as thousands perished in the French withdrawal from Alsace-Lorraine. [-75,000 Conscripts from Prussia. -20,000 Regulars from Alsace-Lorraine. -50,000 Regulars from France. -65,000 Conscripts from France.]

Franco-prussian_war_faubourg_Metz.jpg

3. The French fighting street to street in a small French village.

In the Austrian Empire, the Prussian advance into Bohemia-Moravia is halted by a sudden Austrian surge of troops into the Area. The Prussian Army digs in forty miles outside of Prague, where the equally as large Austrian Army camps just three miles away from the Prussians. The Austrian's use this occupation as propaganda across Austria and a massive wave of recruitment reverberates across the Empire. [+70,000 Conscripts to Austria.]

The Austrians also quickly roll back the previous Liberal Reforms, pacifying the elites who demanded it be rolled back. However, the angry Serb and Croatian populations break out in open rebellion, as they liked this system, and hoped that the nobles would be punished, and the reforms kept in place.

The Austrian Army begins to train more soldiers to fight the war against Prussia. [+20,000 Regulars to Austria in 1 turn.]

In the Russian Empire, Tsar Alexander II is overthrown when he tried to give the peasants and serfs major equality and rights. Before this even reaches the serfs, the ruling class execute Tsar Alexander II and place Tsarevitch Alexander on the throne as Alexander III. [Russia now has a Reactionary Regime.]

Tsarevitch_Alexander_later_Alexander_III_1865_by_Sergei_Levitsky.jpg

4. The new Emperor and Autocrat of all the Russias, Tsar Alexander III.

In Bavaria, a series of Guerrilla Warfare performed by the Bavarian forces push back the Prussian and German coalition against the country. Bavarian Palatinate quickly falls to Prussian forces, however, and the garrison there surrenders. Bavarian forces take minimal casualties compared to the Prussians. [-10,000 Regulars from Bavaria. -25,000 Conscripts from Prussia.]

The moral of the Prussian Army in Bavaria plummets as a newspaper article is released of the Prussian General having a Polish mistress. Desertion among the II. Armee is high, as many men simply walk towards the Bavarian camp, and offer to fight for Bavaria. [-10,000 Regulars from Prussia. +10,00 Regulars to Bavaria.]

Diplomats from Bavaria are successful in Baden to convincing them to rejoin the War on Bavaria's side. The Grand Duchy of Baden declares war on Prussia and Wuttemburg, quickly sweeping into the former Bavarian Palatinate and Wuttemburg.

The German Maiden, sparking the memory of the 1840s revolution in Germany, pops up all over Prussia and the German Confederation. This propaganda is traced back to Bavaria, but the effectiveness of this campaign is immense. Thousands swear their allegiance to Bavaria and rise up against the Prussians. [+65,000 Conscripts to Bavaria. -£100 from Bavaria.]

In the Prussian Rhineland, Otto von Bismark makes an appearance, rallying the factories to switch to making materials of war. He also calls upon every German man to rise to the call of his country, and to create a new, German Empire, forged from the ashes of the Holy Roman Empire, under the guidance of Prussia. The reaction is very positive, with thousands flocking to recruiting stations. [+50,000 Conscripts to Prussia.]

The Railroads in Prussia are nationalized, greatly speeding up their soldier movements, and ability to supply their armies. [Prussian Armies can now move twice as fast, and have twice as many supplies.]

The Italian Navy blockades all Austrian ports, while attacking the main Austrian naval base, catching their entire fleet off guard. After a heated battle, the entire Austrian Navy sinks beneath the waves, and Italy proclaims dominance over the Adriatic Sea. [-3 Large Ships from Austria. -8 Small Ships from Austria. -1 Large Ship from Italy. -2 Small Ships from Italy.]

An Italian Offensive along the front line in Venice proves disastrous as they are easily stopped by the Austrian Army. [-5,000 Regulars from Austria. -10,000 Conscripts from Italy.]

Industrialization in the Ottoman Empire is met with huge success as capital flows into the nation. Hundred of capitalists are eager to open factories and establish railways in the Ottoman Empire. Encouragement from the Government is immense, and growth in the second half if 1861 is modest. [+1 Infrastructure to the Ottoman Empire in 1 turn. +5 Industry to the Ottoman Empire. +1 Stability to the Ottoman Empire.]

North America

The American Civil War kicks into high gear as the Confederate Army of the West begins to move up through California, but they are quickly stopped by Union Cavalry outside San Francisco. After a short battle, the Army of the West, short on ammo and supplies, surrenders to the Union Cavalry. [-15,000 Conscripts from the CSA. Army of the West removed from Service.]

Conscription laws all across the Confederacy are enacted, and new recruits flow into the Confederate Army. [+100,000 Conscripts to the CSA.]

Construction of the Richmond - Montgomery Railroad begins with much coaxing by the Federal Government. [+1 Infrastructure to the CSA in 1 turn.]

The Army of Southern Virginia is merged into the Army of Northern Virginia, giving General Robert E. Lee a formidable defense of Richmond. In turn with securing the capital, the Confederate Army of Trans-Mississippi launches an offensive into Western Tennessee in order to try and secure Memphis from General Grant and the Union. The battle started out with Confederate cavalry movements on the outskirts of Memphis. Fighting continued sporadically until mid-noon when the Confederate army moved into the area and both sides started to exchange skirmishers. The day ended with little casualties to either side.

The second day of fighting was where the Battle of Memphis was decided. The Union Army marched northwards out of the city, and looped around to directly assault the Confederate rear. General Bragg, quick to react, had his army turn about and try to fight their way out of the trap. The Union army pounded away at the Confederate army all day, until the night fell upon the battlefield. General Bragg ordered his army to retreat under the cover of darkness back into Mississippi. [-3,000 Conscripts from the USA. -6,000 Conscripts from the CSA.]

Battle_of_Shiloh_Thulstrup.jpg

5. The Battle of Memphis, fighting on the second day.

The United States' Merchant Marine drastically expands as trade is established with Dai Nam, Italy, Denmark, and Argentina. [+10 Trade Balance to the USA.]

President Lincoln pleads to all state Governments to raise their national guards to help defend the Union. The governments head the call, and thousands of men enlist in the Union Army. [+200,000 Conscripts to the USA. +50,000 Regulars in 1 turn.]

The Union Navy announces the establishment of the "Anaconda Plan", with it's main goal of strangling the Confederacy's imports and preventing it from gaining any more supplies.

793px-Scott-anaconda.jpg

6. The Union's "Anaconda Plan" their idea to strangle the Confederacy's Ports.

In line with the Anaconda Plan, the Union Navy, in coordination with the Union Army, sends a newly formed Army, called the Army of the Mississippi, landing the 50,000 man army in New Orleans, Louisiana, gaining control of the city. The Army of the Mississippi quickly defeats all Confederate opposition and the largest and most wealthy Confederate city falls to the Union.

In Mexico, the 10,000 strong French army faces fierce resistance as Colombian, Mexican and Spanish troops stop their advance. After the lopsided battle of Mexico City, the French forces surrender to the Mexicans, facing six-to-one opposition. [-10,000 Regulars from France.]

The British Navy catches the entire French Caribbean Fleet by surprise, sinking all of their ships, and taking direct control of all the former French colonies. [France loses all of the her Caribbean possessions. Britain gains them. -1 Large Ship from France. -5 Small Ships from France.]

South America

In Brazil, the Government allocated a massive new amount of spending on the soldiers of the Brazilian Army. The grateful recipients are glad that they now have more money, and people flock to become soldiers. However, the Brazilian Government denies any new volunteers, citing budgetary problems with adding more new soldiers. [-10 per turn income]

The Grenadine Confederation and Brazil sign a trade agreement, allowing better trade between both of their nations. [+1 to trade balance for both Brazil and Colombia.]

The Grenadine Confederation and the Argentinian Confederation sign a trade agreement, allowing better trade between both of their nations. [+1 to trade balance for both Argentina and Colombia.]

The Brazilian Government spends a massive amount of money to invest in a railroad between the states Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. Construction starts in the late summer, and is projected to be finished next year. [+1 Infrastructure to Brazil in 2 turns.]

The Government of the Grenadine Confederation and the liberal rebels come to a cease-fire agreement after the Grenadine Confederation captures the rest of the Pacific Coast. [Grenadine Confederation now at peace.]

220px-Mariano_Ospina_Rodr%C3%ADguez.jpg

7. President Rodríguez of the Grenadine Confederation, the man responsible for ending the Civil War.

British Industrialists arrive in the Grenadine Confederation and established numerous prospective factories along rivers in the country. They also form the British-Grenadine Railroad Company, which focused on building railroads near the British strip of territory. [+1 Industrial score to Colombia in 2 turns. +1 Infrastructure to Colombia in 2 turns.]

In Argentina, thousands are appalled by the national debt, and chip in to help, some sending all of their savings to the Argentine government. [+£550 to Argentina.]

Negotiations between Paraguay and Argentina is reached, allowing international trade along the River Plate estuary. [+2 Trade Balance to Argentina]

Africa

The Spanish in Africa continued their crusade through the French territories, were the Algerian Garrison finally surrendered to the Spanish invaders, all of which were imprisoned. The Kingdom of Spain proclaimed that the former African territories of France now belonged to Spain. [France loses all North African territories, Spain gains them. -25,000 Regulars from France.]

In the British Cape Colony, massive amounts of Boers decided to migrate away from the cape Colony into the South African Republic, bolstering its numbers. Several attempts by British forces to stop this immigration was meet with fierce resistance by the defiant Boers. Many "volunteers" from the South African Republican Army were sent into the Cape Colony to help the Boers migrate out. The British, astounded by this move by a small country, demands that the South Africans leave the Cape Colony or face war.

The British Navy acquires a tremendous setback when the French Navy destroys the local British Navy garrison, sinking every ship, with the French commander personally executing the British Admiral with a ceremonial sword. [-2 Large Ships from Britain. -12 Small Ships from Britain. -1 Large Ships from France. -2 Small Ships from France.]

Asia

In the Empire of Japan, westernization of the Army and Navy continued with new weapons being issued to the Army, imported from various European nations. The Emperor gave a great speech, proclaiming that they were not abandoning their basic principles, but instead they needed to upgrade their standards, to accurately defend their way of life. If they did not do so, he proclaimed, then Japan would be doomed. [+1 Stability to Japan]

In the Qing Empire, around 80% of the government is publicly executed for supposedly begin corrupt. This lack of public officials made any sort of military collaboration possible, and an attack against the Taiping forces massively fails, causing many Chinese deaths. [-75,000 Regulars from the Qing Empire.]

Naval_battle_between_Taiping-Qing_on_Yangtze.jpg

8. Chinese and Taiping ships fighting on the Yangtze River.

The British fleet based out of Hong Kong, strikes the French fleet stationed in French Indochina, sinking every single French Ship in a surprise attack. [-2 Large Ships from France. -10 Small Ships from France.]

The French Empire declares war on the nation of Dai Nam once again, with the intention of gaining control of all of southern Dai Nam. The isolationist rebels, more interested in owning their own country than preventing trade with them, they quickly swear their allegiance to Dai Nam once again to stop the French invader. [+100,000 Conscripts to Dai Nam.]

Last edited:
OOC : Really?
This game takes place in 1861, not 1900.

Now Brazil sucked between 1889 and 1930, yes, the government was...horrible, to keep it short.
But by 1889? The industry was constantly being expanded, railroads being built around the country, the navy was modern and strong, and the government had the support from the population (save for some few exceptions that came mostly from the army). I'd suggest that you check the history of the brazilian empire, as it was stronger than most people think...

I don't remember a lot of info about during 1861, but i'd guess that Brazil was still stronger than its neighbours, but rivaled by Argentina.
(Someday i will pick up my old books on Brazilian history and see if i can find some information during 1861, but atm i'm just feeling lazy, as you probably noticed by my small ammount of text)

Finally, this was said by James Watson :

Maybe it was just to try to keep cordial relations with Brazil, but whatever.
OOC: I know our history, but most of the time we don't know our neighbor's or we're presented as super military achievers because of Paraguayan war. Brazil's economy was doing ok but Argentina was thriving in unparalleled ways. Argentina was only rivaled by Brazil because of the much greater population of the latter but argentines were MUCH more wealthy.
Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Argentina#Export-led_boom

OOC: Doh I guess I should have realised that killing every Bureaucrat suspected of Corruption might be a bad Idea. I should have only killed the ones who were corrupt. Oh well after that there should be no more corruption in the Bureaucracy for a good few years. I'll have to re raise that manpower though. Can I see a map of the Taiping Revolt to see what I'm up against.

OOC: Hrm. Well, that certainly puts me in a bit of hot water. Though can Doom really afford to do anything about it ATM? Decisions, decisions...

Will make an IC post later once I've collected my thoughts.

King Harald's annual speech

"It is very unfortunate that we have lost many good sailors to the depths of the ocean. But we must remember that the sea is not a safe place. Storms only become more dangerous over water. But only the bravest and boldest go out to sea and we are a nation of brave and bold sailors. I promise to the danish people that I will make sure that mother nature doesn't have full control over the sea.

We may face consequences, but we must not give up, we must push on because you don't accomplish anything by giving up on it. Remember, we can do anything, we just have to work hard on it. Whether it be war, famine, storms, or the sea, we can push on. I promise to you, the danish people, that I will work hard for you if you work hard for the nation."

We are deeply saddened by the war in Europe claiming so many lives, all caused by the division that Bavaria caused between the germans.
I pray that the war will end soon...The ammount of deaths will grow everyday, maybe it will be bigger than the Napoleonic wars if this continues!

To any refugees fleeing the war-ravaged lands of Europe, Brazil is willing to welcome them with open arms.

OOC : Bigger IC post coming later...

OOC: I know our history, but most of the time we don't know our neighbor's or we're presented as super military achievers because of Paraguayan war. Brazil's economy was doing ok but Argentina was thriving in unparalleled ways. Argentina was only rivaled by Brazil because of the much greater population of the latter but argentines were MUCH more wealthy.
Check out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_history_of_Argentina#Export-led_boom

The Paraguayan war wasn't really a big success for Brazil, it was way too costly to be called that...Brazil had a awesome navy, yes, but the army? Well, badly paid and badly equipped, the training also wasn't very good.
This is why you see that i just increased their wages...

About Argentina, well, they had a weaker industry than Brazil and one advantage of the smaller population is that their HDI was (and is) way higher than Brazil's...
Biggest problem with Brazil on the period of 1860-1930 was that when the monarchy fell, things went downhill until 1930, really, i don't even want to talk about how bad the Old Republic was.

Brazil really needed reforms related to reducing the power of the big landowners...
Its potential was massive tough, its economy was expanding, the industry was prospering and diplomatically it was strong and respected...

Last edited:
volkvlag.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Wessel Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek

The South African Republic cannot and will not withdraw their troops from the Cape Colony until the Boers are allowed to travel freely and as they please. If the British see it fit to continue violating the rights of the Boers, what happened in North America almost ninety years ago will happen again here in South Africa. The Boers must and shall stand united against all those who would seek to do away with their ancient liberties, be they black or white.

On another note, I would like to welcome any and all who are fleeing from the European terror to settle within the South African Republic, assuming of course the British stand down and allow free travel through the Cape.

OOC: If it influences your decision as to whether or not you're going to roflstomp me, Doom, I only want the Boers, no land. :)

Last edited:
OOC: Yes, was just expecting the Basques to come along too. No problem, they will be crushed when we ship our troops from overseas home.

The Kingdom of Spain vows to pursue traitors such as the rebellious Basques and Catalans, who are yet again undermining our glorious efforts against France, whose leader, Napoleon the III, just claimed that he wants to follow the footsteps of Napoleon. I believe that all people of Spain should be united to prevent France's dreams of Empire. Those misguided into working for the invaders have one opportunity to avoid the deplorable situation of Spanish people shedding Spanish blood to kill Spanish people. France will not help you, they only seek to use you to die for them, and facilitate another Napoleonic conquest of Spain. France's promises of freedom are absolutely worthless, as Napoleon III admits, they want to rule Europe, and that is the reason for this war, to prevent the French from crushing the last bastions of opposition to a French-dominated Europe.

However, we understand the plight of the Spanish people, and which, in return for their extraordinary effort in supporting the war effort, will see new reforms to ease their woes. We will implement reforms to reduce centralization, granting more autonomy to regions of Spain. We will implement agricultural reforms, and, with some help from our Allies, modernize our agriculture, resulting in more abundant supply of food. And last, but not the least, we will create new jobs with the construction of a better rail network, to further connect the different regions of Spain. This is only possible, however, with the collaboration of the Spanish people, and that is what I come to ask you, to unite under the Spanish banner, and show the world why Spain is a Great Power.

The Pyrenees are our aegis, they will not fall. Remember the past, in Iberia, Napoleon's France started being routed, with the help of our British Allies. We must triumph, if Spain is to endure as a free country. And triumph we shall, by virtue of Spanish arms and valor. Do not forget that Spanish blood is in our veins, our ancestors conquered half the world, and we must do them justice!