• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The republic of Alsace-Lorraine wishes to accuse the French government of hypocrisy. Which city did the Prussian Army violate? As for the French Army I can answer that immediately, Epinal. Within a week of our declaration of independence the French Army was attempting to slaughter her own people. The republic believes that the French are the ones ruling with an iron boot, THEY are the ones slaughtering there own people, THEY are the ones governed by an Emperor and THEY are the ones who will not allow a republic it's freedom!

For Freedom and the Republic!

I find it curious that the Prussian puppet government finds it necessary to reply to pamphlets directed to our citizens, albeit it on the other hand it may be easily explained your need to address growing unrest between French Empire`s citizens temporarily under your control. By spewing out lies about cities France supposedly has razed, people it has slaughtered. No such cites in this war exists, no loyal French citizens has been slain by French army.
The international press is not blind, if there were cities razed by French army why there is no proof of one. Attempting to slaughter, hah, what does that even mean, French press doesn`t write about ''attempted slaughters'' or ''evil wishes'' of foreign governments for we don`t have to throw around empty words without proof.
The barbarisms of English and Spaniards are plainly visible and premeditated by their governments. The Spanish people sees it, the Brits sees it, whole world sees the attempts of extermination by your alliance even if the Prussians hasn`t yet been able to show their character. Judging from the conduct of its allies they probably only lack the opportunity.

Signed
Napaleon III

Her Majesties Government wonders why we are being blamed for the attempted French levelling of Epinal, a city which they still claim to be theirs, despite the wishes of the populace.​

Her Majesties Government should like to point out the outcome of the last war in which the British Empire and Prussia stood against France and Austria. We won.

Furthermore, we should like to point out that His Imperial Majesty Napoleon III is not in fact the succesor of Napoleon I, but rather is descended from Napoleons brother and the daughte of his lover Josephine.

Furthermore, the British Empire is clearly the defender in this scenario, we merely retaliated when war was declared upon us.​

I feel the need to remark that I am highly amused by your reply to French newspapers, so much that I`ll honour you with a reply.

British Empire may say what it want, but its actions speak of itself, the genocide of people of Brest, the killing of unsuspecting French sailors, the stab in the back while arriving in the Brest under pretext of friendship all that before a single shot has been directed towards Britain.
If Britain values long forged alliance with Prussia (if it is even valid)and follows the letter of the written word it would have issued official declaration of war the very same day France came to aid Bavaria. Instead they lied for weeks and even months in every single diplomatic encounter between our states promising aid and friendship. Does that counts less than some signed paper Britain so obviously disregarded in all this time of our diplomatic encounters?
I would think a full blown civil war in the British Isles answers this question.

signed
Napaleon III

OOC: blue is friggin hard to read, would you prefer smaller French flag instead of colour code?

Secondly if you are wondering why your citizens may be unhappy by British government here is a nice excerpt.

''These developments prompted calls from the German civilian public for a bombardment of the city. General Leonhard Graf von Blumenthal, who commanded the siege, was opposed to the bombardment on moral grounds. In this he was backed by other senior military figures such as the Crown Prince and Moltke. All of them had married English wives and as a result they were accused of coming under English liberal influence.''

Even Germans didn`t do it and they were merely influenced by British.

Her Majesties Government wonders why we are being blamed for the attempted French levelling of Epinal, a city which they still claim to be theirs, despite the wishes of the populace.​

You are mistaken, you are being blamed for levelling the Brest. My statement may have had two possible translations, but why would British government assume the obviously not correct one is beyond me. After all I`m communicating in a foreign language while you are operating with your native tongue.

signed
Napaleon III

OOC: stop those straw man arguments :p

Last edited:
OOC: Heh I find blue really easy to read (I use the blue 2 style)

Battle of Épinal, June 1861​
ordered the city of Épinal leveled to the ground,

This is why the Republic is saying that the French army is murdering its own citizens. As for your belief that we are addressing the growing "unrest" of our citizens here is proof to the contrary:

Alsace-Lorraine is majority French.
They are supportive of Prussia.

The French "press" don't write about your army's attempted slaughter because you control what there allowed to say and you obviously didn't want news of such atrocities reaching your peoples ears. Mr Louis-Napoleon we are independent of France and we intend to stay that way.

OOC: I agree Blue is really hard to read

Her Majesties Government shall not be insulted by a despotic tyrant who, like his dynastic forerunners, again seeks to crush Europe under his iron boot and destroy the ideas of personal Liberty, Democracy and Freedom.​

OOC: stop those straw man arguments :p

OOC: Welcome to the world of politics, you must be new here.

This is why the Republic is saying that the French army is murdering its own citizens. As for your belief that we are addressing the growing "unrest" of our citizens here is proof to the contrary:
The French "press" don't write about your army's attempted slaughter because you control what there allowed to say and you obviously didn't want news of such atrocities reaching your peoples ears. Mr Louis-Napoleon we are independent of France and we intend to stay that way.

OOC: I agree Blue is really hard to read
OOC: thats not the point, I do read the updates and we all know everything, BUT if you cannot find a way how Alsace-Lorraine`s government has come to know this information (f.e. interrogation of captured French soldier or something, but then again Alsace-Lorraine clearly got this confession by torture!) your arguments are invalid in character.
As for the growing unrest it is clearly a jibe from Napoleon III, he is a snippy lad, as an Emperor should be and he is not afraid to throw around such hard-to-prove-otherwise comments. :) Of course there is some unrest, there is war and huge enemy army advancing.

Switching to the light blue (shudders)
P.S. grey is kinda hard to read too, flags?

Last edited:
OOC: How about god told us:p
It's Napoleon with an O And the "huge" army is retreating after the battle of Epinal. I'd say they probably had time to start lighting stuff on fire before they were surprised by the Prussians and once you've set fire to stuff it's pretty obvious what your trying to do.

EDIT: How about Black?

Last edited:
OOC: How about god told us:p
It's Napoleon with an O And the "huge" army is retreating after the battle of Epinal. I'd say they probably had time to start lighting stuff on fire before they were surprised by the Prussians and once you've set fire to stuff it's pretty obvious what your trying to do.

GqpZf.png

A few possible fires in a city after a battle, reported by Prussians.. The Emperor of France would like to point out that its hardly a proof. And completely hypothetically speaking a cities razing after it is taken in a battle is not considered as bad as premeditated extermination. If you want to spare the city name it an open city and retreat your troops.

signed
Napoleon III

volkvlag.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Wessel Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek

This madness in Europe is startling. I am glad my ancestors fled from such a horrid continent, for soon nothing will be left but tyrants reigning over piles of corpses.

We want to announce that we are sick of the chaos in Europe, and we wish for the peace there to return as quickly as possible.

I have orders from: Confederate States, Brazil, Sweden, Transavaal, Netherlands, France, Colombia, Prussia, Japan, Britain, United States, Spain, Austria, Argentina, Bavaria, Russia, Ottoman Empire, Worker's Commonwealth, Italy, and Alsace-Lorraine.

If you still haven't sent in your orders - tough noogies. The update is being written now.

OOC: thats not the point, I do read the updates and we all know everything, BUT if you cannot find a way how Alsace-Lorraine`s government has come to know this information (f.e. interrogation of captured French soldier or something, but then again Alsace-Lorraine clearly got this confession by torture!) your arguments are invalid in character.
As for the growing unrest it is clearly a jibe from Napoleon III, he is a snippy lad, as an Emperor should be and he is not afraid to throw around such hard-to-prove-otherwise comments. :) Of course there is some unrest, there is war and huge enemy army advancing.

Switching to the light blue (shudders)
P.S. grey is kinda hard to read too, flags?

OOC : If it was not public knowledge it would not be in the update...
IMO it is in the update like this because they found out about this and had proofs that France planned to destroy the city, i don't remember reading that it was their government or alliance exclusively claiming it.

The French's attempt to destroy Epinal is public knowledge.

Well, at least you're all IC for once. Secondly, I don't think we have any openings as countries right now, but me and Fry will confer to decide. Also...Really, no one wants to make me a flag to my VERY small specifications?

OOC: I would but I'm horrible at image editing. At best, you'd probably end up with a red flag with what looks like a fish in the top left.

If you really wanted to, I'm sure you could dig through the V2 AAR section and swipe the VSVR's flag from Let The Ruling Classes Tremble.

OOC: What kind of fist? Any specific kind?

The Republic of Alsace-Lorraine would like to also notify the Mr Louis-Napoleon that there are several local townsmen who were hiding in there houses who heard your Commander shout "These traitors, burn the place to the ground, in the name of your Emperor!" and then "Quickly those damn Prussians are coming." Firstly this Town had not yet been taking in battle and Secondly Both "In the name of your Emperor" and his insistence to keep on burning the town even after it was obvious his men were going to come under attack show that this may have been a premeditated attack. If you believe that I should withdraw then by the same logic you should declare Paris an open city and withdraw your troops to save it

OOC: Shouldn't Fry have to do these kinds of things? and could we say that the Prussians put Crown Prince Frederick as president?