• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: ok didn't think it was just wanted to confirm.
Can I have a map with my forces Fry?
And I hope that the French army won't try and slaughter its own people now.

For the love of Science! I know you want a map! I'm busy grading Term Papers all tonight! Any questions, comments, Mini-Updates, look towards Red Cesar! He's running the show today.

OOC: Sounds awful Frymo. Hope you can get uhm done soon.

OOC: Sorry Fry and I agree with Doombunny it does sound pretty horrible.

If you ever think of becoming a College Professor, here's a tip. Don't.

If you ever think of becoming a College Professor, here's a tip. Don't.
OOC: So being a mindless drone in the Zerg hivemind is better than being a college professor?

OOC: So being a mindless drone in the Zerg hivemind is better than being a college professor?

Yes. You don't have to read through two hundred 25 page papers.

OOC: Roll dice. Divide the max marks by 6, roll that many dice and add the total of all rolls together to find the persons score.

OOC: More precise ETA? Youve said later already and Im wondering if I should stay up for it?

OOC: Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

And Then The Spaniards Came...

On September 2nd, 1861, the war in Europe was dealt another drastic blow. And once again, no one saw it coming. Midday on the 2nd, two Spanish battleships and fifteen frigates, loaded with 15,000 Spanish Marines, invaded the French West African colonies with relative success, and only minimal hostility from the French and natives living in the area.

The next assault came within twelve hours, when two more Spanish battleships, and twenty frigates loaded with 25,000 Marines assaulted Algeria from the beaches. The result was not the intended one. While able to secure three small towns, the garrison in Algeria fought with bravery and courage not seen in mainland France. Spanish troops took a beating, losing several thousand men, with minimal gains. [-5000 regulars from the assaulting Spanish force.]

mal6.jpg

(Spanish troops assaulting the Algerian beachhead)

The next assault was probably the most ambitious military exploit that Spain had performed in its recent military history. Nearly twenty four hours after the initial West African assault, 70,000 Spanish regulars moved across the border, and sacked two medium sized French towns, nearly burning each to the ground. 50,000 of those troops fell back to the Pyrenees to establish a defensive line, while the remaining 20,000 moved behind French lines in an attempt to disrupt enemy forces, infrastructure, and gain intelligence. While initially successful in their attempts at destroying French infrastructure, the success was not to last. At the command of General Patrice Mac-Mahon, the Spanish troops were cut off attempting to return to the defensive line in the mountains. After a day of heated battle, 7,500 Spanish soldiers lay dead, with the remaining surrendering to French forces. France had not lost the day completely after all. [-1 infrastructure to France, -20,000 Regulars to Spain.]

penninsulaWarBattlefield310x210.jpg

(Spanish troops assaulting a French town)

The failures of Spain did not end there. Spanish command had ordered an additional 10,000 regulars to be placed in Catalonia, in case the defensive line needed reinforcements, but also to maintain order. The Catalonians, with their fierce sense of independence, had not seen this type of occupation in years. Riots broke out near immediately upon the arrival of Spanish troops, resulting in the entanglement of the 10,000 regulars in putting down this armed uprising. [5000 armed Catalonian nationalists rising up around the Barcelona area, -1 stability to Spain.]

And thus, The European Civil War was in full swing...

Last edited:
OOC: Does everyone in Europe feel some odd inclination to ruthlessly maim each other?

People should be more like Transvaal and farm their land happily and quietly, blissfully unaware of the world around them.

OOC: Oh gawd, that's some world war. The only thing that's left is USA and CSA each joining one side of the alliance.
And poor France, gets surprise attacked constantly...

OOC: You'd think by staying out of the war they could out-industrialise other nations in Europe and get a nice strong economy going but nooo got to invade the world. God damn PCs showing off their e-penises :p