• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Abraham Lincoln, to avoid having even more men dying in this war, I would like to propose a peace in which the current border are kept.

OOC: Are there any stats for Alsace-Lorraine?

OOC: Unless I can get some quick peace, I am dead most likely.

OOC: Fight to the death man. If you are beaten conventionally, go geurilla, the US will have a hard time coping with a geurilla war in the south.

OOC: Fancy CK2 avatar I see?

OOC: Stop teasing me. Steam doesnt unlock CK2 till 6pm!

OOC: I still say CK2 sucks because I can't kill Christians as Muslims.

OOC: Very bad move. Besides, dont you remeber our little conversation?

OOC: Patience is overrated. The same with sleep.

Congress is bemused by a call for peace from the rebel states. Was it not they that fired the first shots of this war? They that forced war upon our soil when we had explicitly asked for peace?

The USA shall not recognise the borders of a nation that does not exist. We have always seen, and continue to see, the Southern states as de jure part of the Union. Peace will only occur when the states put down their arms and reunify with the USA.

OOC: This doesn't make sense, I was closer to Washington than that Army...

OOC: They were mobilising before Lee's surrender. In fact I think the mobilisation was the first of my war orders :p And you did ask for the war.

Her Majesties Government applauds the Unions stance against this rebellion. Slavery must be stopped and with the blessing of almighty God shall it be done. In the opinion of Her Majesties Government, the CSA is fighting for the freedom to oppress, something that any true Briton could never tolerate, for it goes directley against that most sacred and enshrined of British rights, the ideal of Democracy and personal liberty, the idea that no man shall be forced to bow to a tyrants word. Her Majesties Government expresses our support for the Union with these words.​

OOC: Sorry to backstab you Suirantes, but now that Im at war with France, I want to screw them over as much as possible. Not to mention that I dont have troops spare to annex New England, my only real motivation for joining you.

Last edited:
The Republic of Alsace-Lorraine does not recognize the Confederate States of America as we cannot support a slave nation.

The Union also is keeping slavery, and as I already said my stance on slavery, I will not repeat it again.

OOC: I surrender or something, give me some better nation like Sikkim! (Not that sikkim is any better.)
What is the situation in Portugal?

Last edited:
OOC: Wow, really? You havent even started to lose yet. Even if you do lose conventionally, go geurilla.

Not trying to impose anything on anyone, but I think people should stick with their guns.

OOC: They have such a huge army and they have regulars! And their 50k regulars are beginning to be recruited! TELL ME HOW I AM GOING TO WIN OH DOOM?

OOC: Several options. Geurilla tactics might work, especially given the terrain and commanders like JEB Stuart. Conventionally, you havent lost yet and can still put some hurtin on them. Furthermore, you dont need to 'win'. All you need is to hold them to a peace.

But all of that is irrelevant. I dont think people should be allowed to just switch countries whenever something bad happens, or it really starts to screw with gameplay.

OOC: I actually kinda lost. They have a much bigger army, they have regulars and I can't conscript as much as they do. Also Grant is happily going down the Mississippi. Guerilla is boring and it never works. *Stares at Seek*