• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: I'd say there's a 66% chance that'll happen. Is the Upper South mine at the start?

Dam, I missed the boat again.

Can I be Sweden? Sweden does still have Norway?

Last edited:
Do I need to repost?

No, you're already down on the front page. Just everyone who claimed a country on the last page, and Fry didn't add. You can check if you've been added by checking the second post.

Roster Updated

Spitfire - Sweden has been taken.

Please begin the IC talk. Keep in mind, the South just fired upon Ft. Sumter and there is not a single government that recognizes the Confederacy as a nation.

Also, this is North America, in 1861. Dark Green are Confederate States, Light Green is Confederate territories. Grey is Union Territory.

csa.png

Last edited:
Most honourable and gentlemenly members of the House. I speak to you this day to declare my intentions as to the leadership of our glorious nation for the course of my term. My term shall focus primarily on three items, which I deem of highest importance to the wellbeing of both the Empire and the world as a whole. These shall be achieved through various methods, economic, diplomatic and military in nature.

Firstly, I shall strive to take measures to increase the Empires industrial might, so as to provide all peoples of the globe with Imperial products of the finest caliber at as cheap prices as possible. As an aside to this, I shall endeavour to increase the strength of the Empires domestic market and improve productivity with new technology, more effecient distribution and a greater effort on the part of the workforce.

Secondly, I shall strive to increase Imperial diplomatic ties around the world, with a focus on matters such as Imperial influence in Asia and a solution to the Irish problem. By doing so, the Empire shall ensure herself a stable and profitable expansion to encompass many peoples of the globe and spread her light and protection to them.

Finally, I shall make it my top priority to ensure that the Empire retains her place as the foremost power on the Lord's good earth. The navy shall experience a period of huge expansion and advancement, to ensure that it remains ahead of the competition in size, skill and technology. Rest assured gentlemen, the Royal Navy shall rule the sea just as she has done since the days of Nelson himself!

RULE BRITTANIA!

*Thunderous applause*​
OOC: How are we going to handle colonialism? Will we need to gradually increase the savages dependance on us and then annex them?

Colonialism shall be handled by me. You must make it clear in your orders that you are looking to establish colonial holdings. I will factor in your nation's ability to do so and you'll find out in the update if it happened or not.

EDIT: I will be working on the country stats for now. Check back to see if your country is done yet.

The Confederate States of America thanks the Dutch government for recognising us as a seperate entity from the United States, we only want peaceful co-existence!

OOC: RULE HIBERNIA!!!

*New King Harald first speech to the people*

The Kingdom has take a turn for the worse, after losing Norway to the damn Swedes and our loose grasp on Flenburg and Holstein. We shall not sit and wait for our country to get better. We must take action! I, King of Denmark, promise to the people, that I shall not sit and watch our lands be taken by damn Swedes and Germans, I shall act! Our industry is in shambles and our military is weak. I will improve upon these area as soon as possible!

*Applause*

800px-Flag_of_France_svg.png

His royal highness has hereby announced that The Second French Empire shall hereby recognize The Confederate States of America as an independent, sovereign nation. As an extension of our good will, we hereby ask the Confederate government to sign this treaty of friendship.

Treaty of French-Confederate Trade and Assistance.

1. The Second French Empire and The Confederate States of America will engage in trade deals to supplement the need for Cotton in France, and other resources in the Confederacy.

2. The Second French Empire shall provide the CSA with weaponry and military supplies, to aid in their war of independence.

3. The Second French Empire shall send The Imperial battleship Napoleon I to deliver an Imperial ambassador to Richmond california, as well as retrieve a Confederate Ambassador.

[X] Signed, His Royal Highness, Emperor Napoleon III, Emperor of The Second French Empire.

[ ] Signed, Jefferson Davis, President of The Confederate States of America

Colonialism shall be handled by me. You must make it clear in your orders that you are looking to establish colonial holdings. I will factor in your nation's ability to do so and you'll find out in the update if it happened or not.

EDIT: I will be working on the country stats for now. Check back to see if your country is done yet.
What if we already have colonial holdings. I got Greenland, Iceland, Faroe, and the virgin islands. Does there have to be a population of your main culture to consider it territory?

You simply have to own territory outside your country and it will be considered colonial.

800px-Flag_of_France_svg.png

His royal highness has hereby announced that The Second French Empire shall hereby recognize The Confederate States of America as an independent, sovereign nation. As an extension of our good will, we hereby ask the Confederate government to sign this treaty of friendship.

Treaty of French-Confederate Trade and Assistance.

1. The Second French Empire and The Confederate States of America will engage in trade deals to supplement the need for Cotton in France, and other resources in the Confederacy.

2. The Second French Empire shall provide the CSA with weaponry and military supplies, to aid in their war of independence.

3. The Second French Empire shall send The Imperial battleship Napoleon I to deliver an Imperial ambassador to Richmond california, as well as retrieve a Confederate Ambassador.

[X] Signed, His Royal Highness, Emperor Napoleon III, Emperor of The Second French Empire.

[ ] Signed, Jefferson Davis, President of The Confederate States of America

[X] Signed, Jefferson Davis, President of the C.S.A