• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: That would work I suppose, thanks

Alright people. Listen up. I need your input. I was thinking of doing things a bit differently. The "Updates" would be on a yearly basis, with Mini-Updates sprinkled in between, BUT, throughout the course of time it takes to get to another year, I release "War Updates" which covers the War for that period of time. So, let's say, it's 1870. The Next update is 1871. Over the course of the time between updates, a War, let's say the Chinese-Japanese War, takes place via War Updates. Thoughts?

Edit: A new set of orders would be made as well. War Orders. You would have a set amount of them, and you may give them right after a War-Update comes out.

Alright people. Listen up. I need your input. I was thinking of doing things a bit differently. The "Updates" would be on a yearly basis, with Mini-Updates sprinkled in between, BUT, throughout the course of time it takes to get to another year, I release "War Updates" which covers the War for that period of time. So, let's say, it's 1870. The Next update is 1871. Over the course of the time between updates, a War, let's say the Chinese-Japanese War, takes place via War Updates. Thoughts?

Edit: A new set of orders would be made as well. War Orders. You would have a set amount of them, and you may give them right after a War-Update comes out.

Would these be daily, or what?

I rather like the 3 month updates, but if it'd be easier for you to just do 1 year updates with mini-updates throughout, then go ahead. It might alienate those of us with smaller or non-important nations however. There is only so much that can happen in South America or Africa.

Boris: Maybe. Quite possible to keep the IC moving. Really I would like to do it when all the parties at war have their orders in.

King: True. But remember now, all nations do have the same amount of orders. South America could very well become a thriving place of economic activity, and generally a good place to RP as. Just to keep it interesting, I could chuck in a lot of stuff for our African and South American players to make it enjoyable.

OOC: I would give you my orders but I'm waiting on Austria...

Actually, what would be better? 1 Year updates or 6 Month updates?

OOC: First of all, WHAT there's been like 15 pages in two days. Now I'm gonna go see what I've missed.

OOC: I would prefer 1 year updates, also do we re-send orders now?
@muskeato; You didin't miss much, beside the FrancoAustro-Prussian and the Austro-Italian war. And the war is about the unification of Germany.

OOC: How about we use 3 month updates for when an important war (GP vs GP, e.g, our current war, USCW, Japan vs China, etc...) is going on. And yearly updates when no major wars are happening, even if some minor wars are still happening (e.g Germany curbstomping Luxembourg).

EDIT: Not much new Muskeato, just WW1.

I think, after thinking it over, we shall go with the system I devised (1 year updates, with War Updates) and see how it works.

OOC: Sounds good. I take it this means that fleets and recruitment now happen in a single turn?

OOC: Ha at least I'm no longer the centre of attention. I'll wait on sending orders in until the new system is clarified a bit.

Muskeato, just send me orders for the USA's Civil War. If you give me that, I can write a War Update, then you can send me your orders for the year.

OOC: How many orders per war update, and are my orders still valid?

OOC: I wouldnt think so. Unless of course the change in update style changes your warplans?

This system makes it easier for me. You can either have less IC, less mini-updates and keep the old system, or have one big update, with a bunch of War and Mini Updates in between.

Anywho. Orders do NOT need to be resent. Nations at war may supplement their orders for war orders. There is NO limit to War Orders. Once I get the USA's orders I shall write an update for the American Civil War.

*War Orders are for Player vs Player only

OOC: "Along with their Mexican Expedition, the French Navy sends a massive amount of supplies to the Confederate States. Mistakenly, the French Navigators misunderstand Baltimore, Maryland for Norfolk, Virginia. After a show by the locals, the French are convinced that this port is in Virginia, and off load all of their supplies. As the French leave, they are horrified to see the American flag once again wave high over the Harbour Master's House, as well as the discovery that they were being led out of the Harbour by two large ships of the United States Navy." Operation:Troll Successful. Haha :D