• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: So...who's idea was it to give war mongering people the countries in Europe? At least I'm sitting quite nicely on my throne in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo sipping tea and eating some pastries.

In a way, this is the Austro-Prussian and the Franco-Prussian Wars all wrapped up into one nice, 10 year early bundle.

OOC: So...who's idea was it to give war mongering people the countries in Europe? At least I'm sitting quite nicely on my throne in the Imperial Palace in Tokyo sipping tea and eating some pastries.
I'm not a warmonger im just an opportunist

Edit: How many men did the Austrians and i lose?

OOC: So now Austria will either have to split up her armies, weakening herself on both fronts, or will have to focus on one front and then the next. Either way, Prussia now has an advantage over Austria.
I wonder what would be next, Spain invading France from the south? Britain invading France to reclaim Normandy? :p

OOC: Spain may soon be going "All your colonies are belong to us" if the European Powers keep this up...

OOC: I hope we can have some peace after this war.

This is quite confusing. Have combatants described their war aims ?

Cause of war was Georg Friedrich Alexander Karl Ernst August ill considered declaration of war on Prussia, that Bavaria felt obligated to support. Despite the fact, that Hannover and Bavaria stated intend to get rid of Prussian AND Austrian influence in Central and Wester Germany Austria decided to support them ?

France then declared war on Prussia and Italy declared war on Austria. There also were unspoken threats from Russia, who promised that Europe will burn ( you all saw it, right ?)

So war aims could be:

Bavaria, France, smaller German states - establish German confederation, possibly take Prussian Rhein-Rhur.
Prussia - not stated
Italy - opportunistic land grab
Austria - ???
Russia - to see Europe burn (not this turn)

OOC: So now Austria will either have to split up her armies, weakening herself on both fronts, or will have to focus on one front and then the next. Either way, Prussia now has an advantage over Austria.
I wonder what would be next, Spain invading France from the south? Britain invading France to reclaim Normandy? :p

OOC: Silly. Ive already stated that a unified Germany is a bigger threat than France could ever be. The French are allergic to water, the Germans are not.

OOC: And re-create the Frankish empire.

OOC: Austria pretty obviously wants Prussia dead or dying. But at the same time, they dont want French power to increase and they certainly dont want Russian power to increase. Therefore, I would assume their goal is to add Prussia to their sphere by weakening her to be a second rate power, much like Bavaria.

OOC: I support the notion of a Großdeutschland.

OOC: They all hate him anyway, he might as well fool himself for the few seconds before hes crushed. :p

OOC: Well, your Dutch. I personally like the Dutch. Therefore, you are safe unless you annoy me.

OOC: Whats the date i put on my turn orders?

OOC: How about 'Turn 2'?