• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Uruguayan president clearly has mental problems, while we have, yes, approached him to talk about a peace restoring status quo, we never offered any advantages at the expenses of our neighbours.

Nor have i ever desired, or stated annexation of land, however if the quadruple alliance really plans to annex Brazilian land like you seem to indicate, i can't help but feel more inclined to pursue more than a white peace, and force your countries to reduce your military capacities in order to never again threaten the stability in South America, something you have already destroyed.

We will not limit our military, we have never planned to use it against south americans either, but instead to use it by side with other south americans.

We offered status quo, we offered to conduct investigations and pay apologies and attend the burial, yet your allies always refused our attempts to restore peace, we will not stand idly while your armies burn and pillage our land, we will defend our soil to the last man.

The Queen of Spain shall attend this conference personally.

We are sorry for the Brazilian people, who is suffering because of the persistence and blindness of a leader so caught up in his own reality, that he does not know when to stop. We hope that the Brazilian people makes their Emperor see that this war must end, that war must give place to peace and rebuilding.

Despite being in such faraway lands, the Emperor of Manchuria suggests an immediate ceasefire be placed on the nations participating in the War of the Quadruple Alliance. Terms of the Treaty can later be discussed.

King Leopold I agrees with the King of Manchuria.

The Nation of Peru lies! They have only recently sent us a letter, claiming that they will "aid" us in our war, for what?! For ANNEXATION! What they propose is absurd! Do not buy into the lies of this nation, good peoples of the world! Long live Bolivia! Free and Independent!

Dissatisfied friends, neighbors, brothers:

A state of apprehension exists among the Bolivian people for their national pride, liberties, and independence.

Let us assuage these fears, for they have neither need nor truth in Peru's intentions. We shall never force our brothers in Bolivia into any discomforted union. We will not vainly force it upon the people of Bolivia and disturb the peace, for no free and blessed republic may exist if men should feel they are slaves. No peace and democracy can be claimed if the implacable should feel emancipation may only come from dissolution. No union between us can be self-perpetuating should you, dissatisfied brothers, refuse to be a part of it.

If ever Peru's affection and bond towards the people of Bolivia should be doubted, our authenticity disgraced, and tyranny incubated, then know it shall never be under our auspice. As long as the Peruvian and the Bolivian people have even the slightest shred or the tiniest trace of conscience and appreciation of liberty, there shall never be any attempt to enforce dictatorial will upon our two countries, certainly not by a Peruvian or by a Bolivian. Our mutual dread of tyranny is affirmed here, and it shall be a lesson for all who should attempt to circumvent blissful democracy.

And if our letter should be viewed as disgraceful, and any man who accepted as one without the slightest regard for his dignity or his nation's dignity, then let that crude confidence be discarded. All men would be created equal, and all nations would be equal. The powers enumerated to Peru or a Peruvian would be no more generous than the powers enumerated to Bolivia or a Bolivian, but the delicate cords of union cannot be played if men are loath to hear. It is Bolivia that may void or inaugurate this Union, and Peru cannot hold in contempt your consent. Bolivia may take the oath of union in full contemplation of breaking its legs through anarchy, to forever humiliate and construe the idea of Union; that is your privilege, for we would not raise our hand to strike down Bolivia, and we shall not now.

Nothing valuable can be lost by forming a second union that reconstructs its framework based on the flaws of a virgin conception 20 years prior; everything precious may be gained by cooperation. Beloved people of Bolivia, think calmly and well, for apprehensive haste may well ruin your good judgment. By any extreme of hatred for union and any imprudent love for union, by descending contrary to exigency, folly shall ruin our prosperity. Again, may any liberty be lost from this Union where Peru protects Bolivia and Bolivia protects Peru, where the constitutional safeguards watched over and enforced by civilized and humane jurisdiction, where all must recognize and be subordinate to the consent of the governed? Should a greater sense of vindication and resentment be incited against Peru, when we suggest this last measure of self-preservation for both of us, with no loss, or those who have invaded your lands without hesitation, with no respect for your people or the government which rests on their shoulders?

The merest trifle cradles apprehension in one's heart. I therefore consider that this perceived trifling with Bolivia, appreciated as opprobrious by Bolivians, creates the greatest apprehension. But our intention and our view is not to cast Bolivia aside as what should be a subordinate people, but to witness a rebirth of Bolivia, with its current pride and indulgence of freedom, in a new Union. Unless mutiny and hot haste should break out from our ranks, gregarious principles and new purpose should put aside our old rivalry and end our strife. Our toil must strive to mend our fictitious suspicions of one another. Foreign warmongers, unless repelled, shall put aside any notion of reconciliation by coercing us into becoming their dominion, so let us at least band together for however brief the moment is and take up either the laurels of peace or the spears of war when we may afford that privilege.

I am loath to depart. We are friends, not enemies; we should not be enemies. We are brothers, and brother should not fight brother; never should we invoke the mark of Cain. Though cordiality and amicable intercourse may be strained, our cords of brotherhood must never snap. On the battlefields where blood was shed five decades prior to the graves of those laid to rest, we must remember the common struggle of Peru and Bolivia for independence and the common struggle for prosperity and survival while wisdom casts aside the swelling of emotion at an inopportune and dark time. May our angels of a better nature rest on the laurels of peace and Union, one and inseparable. The Union can only be formed by mutual consent, and it shall be dissolved by mutual consent, for our mindsets and principles, conscious of ignoble men and ignoble government, are similar and acquainted.

The Treaty of Geneva

1. An immediate cese fire will take place on January 2nd, 1865 between the forces of Germany, Poland, The United Kingdom, and Greater Austria.

2. Greater Austria and Germany will sign a ten year non-aggression pact.

3. Greater Austria and Poland will sign a ten year non-aggression pact.

4. Greater Austria and the United Kingdom will sign a ten year non-aggression pact.

5. Germany will pay 300 gold peices to Greater Austria for damages to Bohemia and other Austrian territories.

[x]Emperor Francis Joseph I of Austria
[x] Kaiser Frederick I of the German Empire
[x] President Wladyslaw Niegolewski of Poland
[x] William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of Her Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward VII, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India

Last edited:
The President of the Oriental Republic of Uruguay is very saddened by the Brazilian Emperor's government rude behavior in addressing him. It shall from now on avoid direct communication, requesting the mediation of the French.

Edit:
The United Kingdoms of Scandinavia would like to thank Second French Empire for their congratulations. It would also like to congratulate the British Empire for their successful conclusion of the British Civil War and ending the communist threat. It would also like to echo the call of peace by parties in both South America and Europe, may peace once again reign.

We would also like to congratulate the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia for its thanks to the Second French Empire for their congratulations, while thanking the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia for the congratulations to the British Empire for their successful conclusion of the British Civil War and ending the communist threat. May peace once again reign.

Last edited:
The Treaty of Geneva

[X]Kaiser Friedrich I of the German Empire

GermanImperialFlag.gif

With a stroke of a pen, the Reich is at peace. General von Moltke and the men whom are Austrian captivity will be home soon. The Reich will not forget them, and their wellbeing as men of the Reich shall be taken care of in the sweeping reforms that shall come following their return.

OOC: State of the Reich speech to come later tonight. :)

[X] William Ewart Gladstone, Prime Minister of Her Majesties government acting on behalf of His Imperial Majesty The King-Emperor Edward VII, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, Defender of the Faith, Emperor of India

OOC: One thing old boy, you should add me to that ceasefire agreement. We are technically at war after all.

Well it was a good game while it lasted. I was doomed to fail after turn 4. I should have been smarter with my orders and which country I chose, but aw well. Keldion, congrats on usurping me. Don't fail the Danes. I am a little upset at how things turned out, but aw well.

Fry, you made this game brilliant and I want to bring this game to another forum I visit. If you can please send me a pm about this that would be wonderful.

I wish you all good luck in the game. I won't be reading this thread anymore.

OOC: Misiame bad luck with getting annexed. You should probably keep on checking this thread to see if a place opens up.

OOC: Misiame bad luck with getting annexed. You should probably keep on checking this thread to see if a place opens up.
1861 hasn't been a good year for me. I prefer early industrial era so everyone is at an even start when it comes to industry.
I won't be coming back to this thread unless I can play either Panjab or Azawad.

OOC: I'd like to write a mini-update at some point tomorrow. I'd prefer to write about the Spanish-American War, so if Spain and the US can gimme their relevant orders at some point soonish, would be nice.

So is Brazil at least willing to attend talks and discuss the idea of peace with its current enemies?

ooc: Current stats is valuable to have access to, though my orders should be unaffected.

Last edited:
So is Brazil at least willing to attend talks and discuss the idea of peace with its current enemies?

ooc: Current stats is valuable to have access to, though my orders should be unaffected.

The Kingdom of Spain would also appreciate French mediation in the Spanish-American conflict, which is threatening to destabilize the Caribbean.

The Kingdom of Spain proposes, to ensure peace in our time, to hold a plebiscite on the independence of Cuba and Hispaniola. Considering the stated reasons given by President Lincoln to justify the declaration of war, and the commitment to upholding self determination for the peoples of the Americas, a pillar of US policy since the War of Independence, this proposal should be adequate. Spain will also contribute towards the reconstruction of Cuba, regardless of the result of the plebiscite. The Cuban people has seen enough war, and Spain is committed to preventing further bloodshed.