• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

It is interesting Spain should say this when Spain has not recognized Peru and continues to deny freedom to Hispaniola's people.

I should remind Peru of their attempt to annex Bolivia. The reasons behind Spain not recognizing Peru are purely legalistic, and I should remind that Spain has done no attempts to assert sovereignty or change in any way the status quo, where Peru is de facto independent. The Kingdom of Spain is currently engaged in a series of legal reforms, seeking to address such problems.

We are also moving, on the international stage, to safeguard the right to independence and self determination of Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina. We are staunch believers in the old adage that "Actions speak stronger than words".

From the United States, we cannot tolerate any lessons, considering that they have decided to attempt to forcefully annex Cuba into the Union, disrespecting the wishes of the Cuban people, who have demonstrated, through skill in battle, that they don't want to be part of the Union, and that they trust the Spanish State to provide for them, as we have, by sending our Armed Forces to their rescue.

We also announce our willingness to come to a ceasefire in this war, and enter peace negotiations with the United States of America. We also request the help of South American nations in persuading Brazil to cease the bloodshed and enter peace negotiations with the Quadruple Alliance, and to persuade Chile and Bolivia to make peace, so that South America can be once again free from war.

I should remind Peru of their attempt to annex Bolivia. The reasons behind Spain not recognizing Peru are purely legalistic, and I should remind that Spain has done no attempts to assert sovereignty or change in any way the status quo, where Peru is de facto independent. The Kingdom of Spain is currently engaged in a series of legal reforms, seeking to address such problems.

We are also moving, on the international stage, to safeguard the right to independence and self determination of Uruguay, Paraguay and Argentina. We are staunch believers in the old adage that "Actions speak stronger than words".

From the United States, we cannot tolerate any lessons, considering that they have decided to attempt to forcefully annex Cuba into the Union, disrespecting the wishes of the Cuban people, who have demonstrated, through skill in battle, that they don't want to be part of the Union, and that they trust the Spanish State to provide for them, as we have, by sending our Armed Forces to their rescue.

We also announce our willingness to come to a ceasefire in this war, and enter peace negotiations with the United States of America. We also request the help of South American nations in persuading Brazil to cease the bloodshed and enter peace negotiations with the Quadruple Alliance, and to persuade Chile and Bolivia to make peace, so that South America can be once again free from war.

"Annex" Bolivia? Surely you jest, for any interactions with Bolivia have been nowhere near forceful annexation. Let us condemn that nation to the south for any attempted annexation of Bolivia, where your lips have been quite stiff up to and including this point in time.

Let us wait for such legal reforms as we have waited for 40 years. You have left us hanging for decades. Shall you wish to leave us hanging for centuries with this eternal promise? Is there a problem with recognizing our independence, de facto and de jure, now?

Let us have you address such problems with this old adage; let us consecrate this old principle; and let us not hallow it in vain. Which nation procured for South America a state of war in the first place?

More Spanish lies. The Peruvians have never attempted to annex the Bolivians. No nation had threatened the independence of the South American republics. While I am a friend of these people, there is no point in disguising the fact that the Argentines declared war upon the Brazilians, not the other way around. I do not pretend that the Spanish declared war upon the USA. Again I am forced to deny the baseless accusations that the USA wishes to forcefully annex Cuba. Such a statement has never been declared.

If the Spanish government wishes to offer a peace, they can do so. I remind them that they have encouraged and supported war in the Americas, but then such a volte-face should be expected from such a misguided government.

The Nation of Peru lies! They have only recently sent us a letter, claiming that they will "aid" us in our war, for what?! For ANNEXATION! What they propose is absurd! Do not buy into the lies of this nation, good peoples of the world! Long live Bolivia! Free and Independent!

"Annex" Bolivia? Surely you jest, for any interactions with Bolivia have been nowhere near forceful annexation. Let us condemn that nation to the south for any attempted annexation of Bolivia, where your lips have been quite stiff up to and including this point in time.

Let us wait for such legal reforms as we have waited for 40 years. You have left us hanging for decades. Shall you wish to leave us hanging for centuries with this eternal promise? Is there a problem with recognizing our independence, de facto and de jure, now?

You ask us why is there a problem with recognizing your independence? I ask you, why did Peru not make the same question to the United States of America, when the Confederate States voted to secede from the Union, as per Constitutional Law? And I will answer your question, such things must be done with proper method, lest precedents be created for breaking the law, which would make us no better than savages. Spanish law is to be upheld, and not subject to the whims of anyone, not even my own. We are happy to invite representatives from your country, as well as other formerly Spanish countries, to accompany and assist the process.

Let us have you address such problems with this old adage; let us consecrate this old principle; and let us not hallow it in vain. Which nation procured for South America a state of war in the first place?

Certainly not the Kingdom of Spain, seeing as our ships were shot at in international waters. I didn't yet hear a condemnation of such a lowly assault, nor did I hear a condemnation of the blockade imposed by Brazil on Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay. Elements that can be considered representatives of the State of Brazil have killed an Argentinian. In our view, that was an attempt at testing the ground, at flexing the muscles, to cower their neighbors into submission. Growing reckless due to military help from European countries (which you did not condemn either), they decided they were ready to throw their weight around and bid for hegemony in South America. Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay decided to stand up against it, and they are winning, entirely on their own merits.

paraguay_flag_1.gif

Let's not forget that was Brazil who filled the gunpowder barrel and lighted the spark. They filled the barrel by starting a mass military expansion, both numerical and technological, levels hi above their internal needs or for defensive purposes, this destroyed the balance of power in South America.

Secondly, the lighted the spark in August 1863.

Today in Rio de Janeiro, an Argentine Senator, Juan Pablo, was murdered by Brazillian Police for "Crimes against the state." As it turns out, Señor Pablo was actually trying to prevent a sabatoge attempt by a Brazillian slaveholder against a factory, which was planted with an explosive device, which exploded and destroyed the factory and set fire to several surrounding factories, disabling them. Word has reached us that the Argentine Government has officially declared war upon the Empire of Brazil, demanding that they pay them reparations for the dead civilian and an official apology.

Argentina asked just for an apology from Empire of Brazil, to be allowed to investigate what happened and that Emperor personally attend the funeral of the Argentine Senator, not too much to ask, or is it?

And yet, some nations call Argentina the aggressor.

To clarify the position of the USA, I have never called the Argentines the aggressor in their war. It is still a fact that they declared war first.

Argentina demanded payment and humillation of Brazil, something we could not stand for. Our military buildup was not related to this, we have not increased the size of the army before the war, and the weaponry wasn't on the european levels either, instead we corrected issues with discipline and logistics that the army faced.

As for the argentine senator,he was near the bombs at the momment of the incident, acting independently and the police discovered him, seeing him as a shadowy character they considered him to be a spy.

paraguay_flag_1.gif

Where is the humiliation in asking for forgiveness for killing an Argentinean citizen that was trying to prevent a sabotage to a Brazilian factory that would not only harm Brazilian economy but also murder Brazilian citizens. So Brazil can stand the murdering of someone who tried to help them, but not to ask for forgiveness?

And before the war started, Brazil was already oiling it's war machine to European levels, with not other but the most advanced techniques in the planet.

German Military Advisers arrive in Brasil to help the entire Army upgrade and train better. The Germans teach the army how to act professionally, just like a German Army would. [+2 Army Level to Brasil.]

Last edited:
We did not planned to wage war on South America, but were forced to do so, like your own note states, our army was trained by the germans, if we were preparing for a war i would have equipped them with modern weaponry before it.

Argentina came with outrageous terms, we offered them what you yourself mentioned, an investigation, a representative to attend the funeral and a formal apology, the Argentines refused.

japanb.gif

Empire of Great Japan​

The Empire of Great Japan is entering a new age. Though the old ways have served us greatly, their time is over. Now is the time that we embrace the new way of the world, for as the great man of war once said, even a blade of grass bending against the breeze offers a means of resistance.

We will enter this new world and we will exploit the chaos and destruction around us to strengthen ourselves and make our nation great, and propel it into the heavens and leave all the other war-torn nations in the dust.

The war in South America has gone on long enough. France does not desire to intervene but many French commercial interests and many citizens that have left France to explore new lives in South America are at stake. Nations very existence could be at stake soon and all of this might very well force our hand. It matters not which nation or individual started the war any longer, what matters now is which can bring about peace. We have already once seen the horrors brought about by a civil war across the English Channel from us and the risk to South America of such insane ideology grows with each passing day. I call upon the leaders of Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay and Spain to send representatives to Paris to try and hammer out a peace deal. I do not wish to see more loss of life but will also not stand by and see French interests suffer. If it is required to support others in their struggle to defend my own peoples interests than it shall be. What say the leadership of this war?

edit: OOC: This is not a conference, I am saying that atm France is not at war but pretty much everyone close to south America is so we are closest major neutral currently. Also Paris is an awesome city, come visit! Spend some money too!

Last edited:
The joyous reunion of the Crowns of the North has occurred, for the first time since the Union of Kalmar! Henceforth our nation will be known as the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia, composed of the crowns of Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Denmark. Furthermore, we pronounce this day to henceforth be national holiday, know as Union Day. We hope that this union will bring increased prosperity and security to our peoples! Our armies fought hard to achieve this goal, and the Danes fought mightily to for their cause. However, now is a time for cooperation and mutual advancement, a United Scandinavia will be strong and be better able to act on the world stage. To the people of Denmark, know that we will embark upon a reconstruction program to alleviate the destruction caused by the unification war. Furthermore, we ask that the rebels lay down their arms aid in the development of a better future for our people.

Last edited:
The French government is happy to hear that the Scandinavian people are united and will be able to work together for their common benefit. May your nation never be torn asunder.

To clarify the position of the USA, I have never called the Argentines the aggressor in their war. It is still a fact that they declared war first.

It is still a fact that Brazil declared war first. And they only did it after ordering the attack on Spanish ships.

Argentina demanded payment and humillation of Brazil, something we could not stand for. Our military buildup was not related to this, we have not increased the size of the army before the war, and the weaponry wasn't on the european levels either

What about the expansion of the Brazilian Navy?

OOC: Jacob, why no invite for Spain to the peace conference?

It is still a fact that Brazil declared war first. And they only did it after ordering the attack on Spanish ships.

What about the expansion of the Brazilian Navy?

OOC: Jacob, why no invite for Spain to the peace conference?
OOC: minor oversight by trying to word it a certain way. I will edit it in.

IC: It simply doesn't matter anymore who fired first or even why. Many lives are being lost and many nations interests are being harmed. Are the nations not interested in peace or are only a portion not interested in peace? We can provide a neutral site for all warring parties to discuss their problems at. Are those involved saying that only force of arms will end the conflict?

The Uruguayan government has repeatedly asked for foreign powers to help mediating a peace accord, and the nations of Germany and the United States even volunteered themselves, but were ignored by the Brazilian warmongers.

The Uruguayans have been offered peace and even benefits if we betrayed our brothers, but we stand true to them in wanting a peace that will not destroy any of our nations. We might have lost much in this war, but our sense of honor remains intact.

We must confess that we no longer seek simply a white peace, given the development of the war. While we believed the Brazilian answer to the declaration of war would be to fight seeking a reasonable settlement, as was the Argentinian cause, in which they only desired a proper investigation, apologies and modest compensation, this was not the case. Instead the Brazilian Empire used this excuse to start coveting not only all of our lands, but also the entirety of Paraguay and even a portion of Argentina. At such rate they will lust for half of the continent in a matter of years.

Resuming, we will accept peace if unless the Brazilian Empire agrees to limit its military forces, so as not to threaten its neighbors, but still maintain inner stability. This way we shall be free from their greed.

Last edited:
The United Kingdoms of Scandinavia would like to thank Second French Empire for their congratulations. It would also like to congratulate the British Empire for their successful conclusion of the British Civil War and ending the communist threat. It would also like to echo the call of peace by parties in both South America and Europe, may peace once again reign.

Last edited:
We would like to congratulate the United Kingdoms of Scandinavia on it's successful uniting of the Scandinavian countries.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

Last edited: