• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Does Suirantes still play as Chile ? I haven't seen him posting for a while.

OOC: Yeah, he's on the IRC quite a bit.

This so called african treaty is a complete joke as it left out European major powers such as Austria, Italy, Spain and Russia, while caving in to the laughable delusions of grandeur of Brazil. As such it'll be just ink in a paper and be worthless in the real world. It's specially comic seeing a country who can't effectively rule the amazonian jungle right on its border to try to launch into adventures across an ocean, we can already see the failure... They probably need it though as it's from there that Brazil will bring its hordes of black slaves.
We are sad to see two friendly nations collide like Spain and USA are doing. We urge restraint from both sides and that dialogue can resume as fast as possible
(OOC: Standard no meaning talk when I really don't want to make a stance). Furthermore we are very disappointed by Colombia's actions, thankfully the caribbean people didn't fold under the pressure.
Naturally our navy won't engage other countries' navies with whom we are not at war.

OOC: If I remember correctly, then I still have some islands in east Africa.

OOC: I think Doom thought those were part of the land you soled to Sweden. I'm pretty sure you can keep it now. Same with Spain if you win the war with Brazil you get the part that would have gone to them.

The Kingdom of Belgium would like clarification on what would happen if a nation that didn't sign the treaty violated it.

Leopold I,King of the Belgians

Last edited:

We are sad to see two friendly nations collide like Spain and USA are doing. We urge restraint from both sides and that dialogue can resume as fast as possible
(OOC: Standard no meaning talk when I really don't want to make a stance).

OOC: I like your honesty there :p

I thank the Argentines for their confirmation that our navies would not have to cross swords.

Several points cross my mind. Firstly, the Argentines have not declared neutrality, indeed they are a nation at war. Secondly, a neutral nation is in no way bound to block the passage of belligerent nations; it is at the discretion of the Argentinian government, a discretion which would of course be respected. Finally, I reject the implication that American troops would interfere in a war which we have no part in.

Last edited:
Should a nation that has not signed make the Treaty an impracticality, it would be up to the nation who had had their claims violated to settle the matter in whatever way they chose. The Treaty is of course modifiable if one party wishes to give up some of its claim to another nation.​

OOC: If I remember correctly, then I still have some islands in east Africa.

OOC: Sorry, you don't. You sold ALL Afrikan land to Sweden in that Treaty a while back. I did offer you some land if you recall, but you turned it down.

I seem to recall talking to you about this Shock3r, but don't worry, you may get something yet.

Actually reis, I do care.

OOC: Sorry, you don't. You sold ALL Afrikan land to Sweden in that Treaty a while back. I did offer you some land if you recall, but you turned it down.

OOC: Really? Why should I accept others treaty?

Also I didn't mention any islands when I sold to Sweden. Anyway if GM thinks so, then it's okay.

OOC: The Treaty Portugal signed with Sweden was for the handover of all Afrikan territories.

Ooc:

the treaty of stockholm:

The united kingdoms of sweden and norway will purchase the portuguese african colonies, including angola and mozambique, of the portuguese republic for 525 gold.

The united kingdoms of sweden and norway will provide transport for the portuguese garrison back to european portugal

the united kingdoms of sweden and the portuguese republic will agree to lower tariffs to a maximum of 20%.

Signatories,
[x] charles xv, king of sweden and norway
[] president of the portuguese republic