• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Grenadine Confederation
colombia+grenadine+federation.png

We here in the Confederation are appalled at what is being seen in Central Europe and Germany. The Austrian and French Empires can only be described as Imperialist agressors by seeking war with Prussia in a completely internal matter, that was both preventable and a misunderstanding. We wish the Prussian forces luck in fighting off the French and Austrian invadors, and hope the rest of the German states may side with them for their independence from foreign oppression. As well, the Russian stance of neutrality is admirable and we praise them for their just actions in Europe.

Prussia.jpg

People of Deutschland! The traitorous Bavarians support the French in their attempt to subjugate Germany! They did when the first Napoleon came! Now they do it again! Join Prussia so we can drive the invaders from our homeland, our vaterland! Deutschland uber alles!

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Prussia speaks of other nations subjugating Germans when they do it themselves! They oppress German Catholics. They subjugate German Liberals! It was only in 1848 that they were murdering their own citizens!

The words oppression and subjugation go hand in hand with Prussia.

For Freedom! For Victory! For Germania!

392px-Image_Germania_%28painting%29.jpg

Battle of Épinal, June 1861​

French Forces took no time to mobilize their armies and surge to re-take the Republic of Alsace-Lorraine. Several of the French divisions guarding that area, along with a Corps of Prussian Infantry, moved into the Republic and merged to form the Army of the Rhine and the Army of Elass. The French Army, 300,000 strong, charged into the new-born Republic and faced no resistance until marching into the city of Épinal, the capital of the Vosges Department. On the outskirts of the city, Prussian cavalry noticed the slowly advancing French Army, and sprung into action, harassing their lines and causing a general disturbance. Aggravated, The French Commander ordered the city of Épinal leveled to the ground, as it was the base for the attacks. As the French Army moved into Épinal, the Army of the Rhine and the Army of Elass emerged from behind the mountains and quickly encircled the French. Employing a tactic mastered my Napoleon himself, the Army of the Rhine split the French Army in two, and the Army of Elass systematically destroyed the remnants of the right side of the split army. The battle reached it's climax when Prussian Cavalry charged the French lines, head on, and captured two corps work of supplies and artillery.

800px-Battle-Mars-Le-Tour-large.jpg

1. Prussian Cavalry assaulting the French Line.

The day ended with the French Army taking a huge beating, and withdrawing out of the Republic of Alsace-Lorraine, licking its wounds, with 25,000 Regulars lost to combat or disease. However, the Army of the Rhine lost 14,000 men, and the Army of Elass lost a whopping 23,000 men. While a technical Prussian victory, this show of skill by the French troops shocked the Prussians, and both sides used this battle as a rallying cry to quickly end the war.

[+45,000 Conscripts to France. +35,000 Conscripts to Prussia.]

320px-Flag_of_Bavaria_%28striped%29.svg.png

The Kingdom of Bavaria

Prussia speaks of other nations subjugating Germans when they do it themselves! They oppress German Catholics. They subjugate German Liberals! It was only in 1848 that they were murdering their own citizens!

The words oppression and subjugation go hand in hand with Prussia.

For Freedom! For Victory! For Germania!

392px-Image_Germania_%28painting%29.jpg

Prussia.jpg

Germany must be united! We oppress no Germans! The liberals are backed by slave holding reactionaries! If they are liberal then I don't know what is.

We shall win this war! And when we do, the German people shall fall upon you like a righteous flame, purging Bavaria of men who are in bed with the Austrians and French! We shall rally under the glory of the heros of Epinal!

Japan is horrified at the French attempt to level a fellow European nation's city! Is this not the 19th century and not Medieval Times? There is no need for brutal actions against the civilian populations.

Keep in mind only about three weeks ago Epinal was a French city.

Yeah. I write a mini-update for this while I'm working on Empire of the Pacific.

OOC: Yeah I have to agree with Morrell (there's a first :) ), the mini-updates are great!

Argentina thanks Sweden for the kind words. We are also sad to see Europe engulfed in flames again.
We extend an offer to all the affected populations of Europe, if you're tired of death, poverty and destruction come to our great nation where land is abundant, jobs aplenty and peace a constant state. Here your work can lead you to wherever you want, not anymore subject to emperors, dukes or barons.

OOC: That was only a taste of Prussian military brilliance. Hopefully we can showcase some more before the war ends.

edit: King I forgot to thank you for the kind words of the Grenadine confederacy, so thanks :)

OOC: Fry, can I use my Germania maiden as a propoganda tool? I demand the printing presses publish her and spread her face throughout Germany!

She's all yours.

OOC: This is so cool! Is the joining process really closed? I'd be Sokoto or something terrible like that if I could get in.

edit: just saw the map, Mexico works fine too.

OOC: Frymonmon is the 450K a suitable estimate for conscripts of Prussia and the smaller German states that are allied to me?

400k is more reasonable.

The Kingdom of Spain is appalled at the savagery of this new war, and fears there is more to come. We also fear French warmongering, having been invaded by Napoleon's troops earlier this century, we sympathize with the peoples of Mexico and Alsace-Lorraine, and urge the French to abandon their warmongering ways.

We offer Portugal a mutual defense pact, the peoples of Iberia must stand united in such dark times, and develop stronger ties with other continents, because Europe, once the most civilized land, now looks like raging barbarians when compared to the nations in the Americas. We will do our utmost to make Europe civilized again.