• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador

It is with great pleasure that we announce the admittance of another republic into our nation. The Rapa Nui people of Easter Island have agreed to join our Union. In return, The United Republics will provide the Rapa Nui people with food, medical supplies, building materials and weapons. Furthermore, all Rapa Nui are recognised as citizens of The United Republics, with their language and culture being protected and upheld.

This Union gives the Rapa Nui all the provisions they need to bounce back from disaster and flourish, while also helping the United Republics to prosper.

The Hispanolian War of Independence​

On the 1st of July, 1864, the Republic of Hispanolia declared its independence from the Spanish Empire. The Spanish had never been popular on the island since it returned to them in 1861, but with Spanish intervention in Brazil, war against France and the humiliation of Spain on the diplomatic stage, the people saw their chance at leapt for the freedom and independence they craved.

HispanoliaIndependence.jpg

1. The Hispanolian Declaration of Independence

Led by a group who would become known as 'The Thirteen', the Hispanolian people had long been plotting for their freedom. Arms supplies had been built up from suppliers all round the globe, citizens had trained in remote areas of the countryside to be ready for the opportunity. Spies and nationalists had infiltrated the Spanish garrisons, and many of the Hispanolian members of the Spanish forces stood ready to join their comrades at the start of the rising.

In the early hours of the morning, nationalist forces moved to their positions for the revolt, and under the supreme command of Presidente Carlos Ballesteros they readied themselves for the bloody days work that lay ahead of them. At 5am, they struck.

Assault elements charged from cover at the forts housing the Spanish garrison, while fifth columnists, wearing a blue ribbon for identification purposes, rose up inside the walls, aiding the butcher of the loyalists, many of whom were still abed when the attack came. By 6am, all the Spanish forts and barracks had fallen to the attackers, save Fort Varde, which overlooked the harbour. Here, the Spanish Commander, barricaded into a barrack block with some loyal Marines, managed to hold off the attackers for a day, before ammunition ran out, and he and his men surrendered, hoping for mercy. They found none.

Meanwhile, the Spanish Colonial Governor, disturbed from his breakfast by the noise from the town, as shocked by the view from his window. All across the town, Hispanolian flags waved from buildings. The Post Office, Militia Barracks and Police Station had fallen, and now crowds of civilians and Revolutionaries were flocking uphill towards his villa. He quickly turned to leave, grabbing his sword and hat and calling for his servants to ready his horse. Mounting his horse, and rallying the few guards he had around the villa, he prepared to flee for the harbour. Upon reaching it however, he found the 2 Spanish ships in port had been taken over by the Hispanolians and now flew their flag.

He was promptly captured, and made to sign the surrender document of the colony, before he was publicly hanged on a gallows that had born many a Hispanolian to their death. The new Presidente of Hispanolia, Carlos Ballesteros, took his seat in the Governors villa and made this his Presidential Palace. One of his first moves was to both abolish slavery, and draw up plans for the defence of the island from the Spanish. [-4,000 Regulars from Spain, -2 Small Ships from Spain, +2,000 Regulars to Hispanolia, +2 Small Ships to Hispanolia, Republic of Hispanolia independent]

Hispanolia.jpg

2. The Flag of the Republic of Hispanolia, similarity to the Dutch flag is a gesture of Republicanism.

The new Government was dedicated to two causes. Firstly, that of ridding Hispanolia of the Spanish and ensuring their independence. Secondly, that of uniting Hispanolia under one banner, bringing Haiti into the fold and creating a unified Republic of Hispanolia.

The Republic of Hispanolia is headed by the Presidente, who holds a majority at the National Assembly, where members are elected by the populace. The courts are now completely independent, and elections take place every 7 years to determine the new Presidente. The Presidente selects his cabinet at will, and has executive power, although legislation must be passed by a majority vote in the Assembly.

Last edited:
500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

The Empire of Brazil recognizes Hispaniola as an independent nation, the people of the island have suffered for way too long at the hands of spanish colonial oppression, now they seek to choose their own path, different of that forced at them by the spanish colonial "governors", that were nothing more than rapists.
May the people of Hispaniola defend their island against the spaniards, for they will come, but you are good americans, show them the power of your will and they will rout like the stray dogs they are.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

The South African Republic hereby recognizes the Republic of Hispaniola's independence from the backwards, feudal Spanish tyrants. May God watch over them.

manchuflag.png

Kingdom of Manchuria

The Kingdom of Manchuria hereby recognizes the Republic of Hispaniola's declaration of independence against the Spanish Kingdom. The attrocities and barbaric deeds committed by the Spanish against the people of Hispaniola justifies this revolution. The Kingdom wishes well to the people who are fighting for their independence against this backwards system.

320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador

The United Republics herby recognises the Republic of Hispaniola as Independent and free from Spanish rule. We can relate to your cause and wish you well in you valiant endeavour.

guatemalaelsalvador.png

The Federation of Northern Central America

The Federation of Northern Central America hereby recognises the Republic of Hispaniola as a sovereign state.

OOC: "Secondly, that of uniting Hispanolia under one banner, bringing Haiti into the fold and creating a unified Republic of Hispanolia."

Well that's hilariously unOTL :p A factor in asking to become a colony for a 2nd time was due to fear of aggression from Haiti. Heh. They're also definitely Dominicans, not Hispaniolians. Minor things.

The United States of America calls on the Spanish to heed the call of the Dominicans. Such outdated colonialism should never have returned to the American continent, and I commend the movement of the Dominicans to throw off such shackles. I hereby demand that the Spanish abandon the island of Hispaniola and recognise the independence of the new republic. Elements of the USN shall soon leave port to ensure that the Spanish forces abandon their attempts at subjugation and to ensure the transition from colony to independence in the new republic is a peaceful one.

The Sultan of Morocco will not recognise the Republic of Hispanolia in the short term due to a need to maintain Good relations with the Spanish who could threaten our Northern Coastline with naval attacks while the Moroccan Army is unlikely to be able to repel such an attack and so they will not be recognised.

The Kingdom of Belgium recognizes the Republic of Hispaniola.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

The Sultan of Morocco will not recognise the Republic of Hispanolia in the short term due to a need to maintain Good relations with the Spanish who could threaten our Northern Coastline with naval attacks while the Moroccan Army is unlikely to be able to repel such an attack and so they will not be recognised.

OOC: You must be known for your subtleness

The Kingdom of Belgium recognizes the Republic of Hispaniola.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

OOC: You've just starting colonising Africa and you're recognising a rebel colony?

I'm officially handing control of the Thread over to DoomBunny for the week. He is your new GM for this coming week, as I will be away. Do not pester him too much, but I'd like it if he did push out a few mini-updates. As for orders, send all orders to me still. I'll have my inbox cleared. When Doom says he will write a mini-update, send him your orders.

Cheers,
Dr. A

I'm officially handing control of the Thread over to DoomBunny for the week. He is your new GM for this coming week, as I will be away. Do not pester him too much, but I'd like it if he did push out a few mini-updates. As for orders, send all orders to me still. I'll have my inbox cleared. When Doom says he will write a mini-update, send him your orders.

Cheers,
Dr. A
ooc: There is no normal update next weekend right? So I don't have to pm you my orders for a while?

I commend the people of Hispanolia for overthrowing the oppressive Spanish. You are clearly civilized men, not savages. I formerly recognize the Republic of Hispanolia as civilized and legitimate state.

The Kingdom of Spain is saddened that a minority of foreign-backed revolutionaries has persuaded the people in rising up against the Spanish on Hispaniola, and perform acts of inhuman barbarity upon the Peninsular Spanish, but we are even more shocked by the reaction of some of our trading partners, regarding the unilateral declaration of independence, which, in our view, does not respect the rights of the people of Hispaniola, and who would usher them into an obscurantist and authoritarian presidential dictatorship, with a complete concentration of power in an unelected government. The Kingdom of Spain has conducted reforms, to ensure that the people of Hispaniola could make their voice heard, and their opinion taken into account in the administration of Hispaniola. If they did not do so, it was because these "Thirteen Despots" did not allow them to, but that can be corrected, when they will be brought to justice.

These despots have clearly shown their level of civilization and capability for government by writing a manifesto which would make anything wrote by the London Marxists look like poetry. And I assure every Spanish, they will pay for each word, each life lost and each atrocity committed with their own blood.

They denounce their own hypocrisy, when they vow to work for the forceful annexation of the sovereign nation of Haiti, who was recognized internationally, including by the United States of America, who appear to now support those that would see their independence removed.

The Kingdom of Spain condemns the belligerent actions of the United States of America, who are known to have had Americans visiting the island shortly before the incident, and demands complete respect for Spanish territorial waters. We take the safety of our territorial waters very seriously, and any warship of any party not currently in a state of war with Spain, who is spotted in our territorial waters that does not have permission from the Spanish government to sail in our territorial waters will be treated as a pirate, subject to Spanish anti-piracy laws.

We will, under extraordinary circumstances, due to the interference of foreign powers, grant full amnesty to the people of Hispaniola, who we perceive, despite their actions, to be the misled victims of a foreign-backed coup d'etát, should they help free Hispaniola from the grasp of the foreign-backed dictators. Let it be their blood paying the price, as they have sold out Hispaniola's independence to become dictators over those who they deceived, with their lies, propaganda, and coercion. The Kingdom of Spain will commit resources to the reconstruction of Hispaniola after the illegal regime is deposed. We will support the people of Hispaniola against any attempts at repression, should they decide to cooperate with us.

We will not negotiate with the self-proclaimed despots and we will not grant them any mercy. They will feel the full might of Spanish steel, and may God have pity on them, as we have none to spare against those that would deliberately hurt the people of Spain

OOC: Just be careful that recognizing some random colony's independence doesn't turn against you...

Edit : Biased update is biased...

and the humiliation of Spain on the diplomatic stage