• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fair enough. If it was OTL we'd have the army supremacy instead, which is more important.

OOC : Tough if i had discovered a link about the size and power of the brazilian navy before 1862 i would have both a strong army and navy.
I'm going to speak the truth, i actually gave up from trying to increase the size of my navy in 1861 because i feared Fry would think i was trying to create an OP Brazil, as i had no links to anything that would prove the size (and power) of the fleet. ( i had already bugged him a few times to icnrease Brazilian industry, navy, army and so on because it was way too low)

Well, now we have to cope with what we get, what is done is done, the game goes on.

Last edited:
OOC: The Paradoxian Geographic Society proudly presents the new map of Europe:

Note: In the areas at war, the lattest pre-war broders were used

Last edited:
OOC: Anatolia isn't in Europe...

OOC: Little bit of ooc spam guys?

The Reich would bid for the Portuguese colony of Guinea Bissau, for 75 Gold. Is this agreeable to the nation of Portugal?

OOC: If there is no other bid in the next 24 hours, then we will certainly have an agreement. By the way, do we have trade agreement? :D

Republic of Portugal

attachment.php

Civil Code

Since 1820 the Philippine Dynasty, Portugal's civil code had been a chaotic and uncompiled system of laws, which many had realized required reform. But, after early attempts failed to rationalize these laws, and a unified code based on the French Civil Code was disavowed, the Portuguese courts continued to function using the Ordenações Filipinas (1603), which simple reforms of the Manualino codes (1521). But by 1850, judge António Luís de Seabra wrote A Propreiedade: Filosofia do Direto (English: Property: Philosophy of Law) which was adapted in 1867 as the new Portuguese Civil Code. It was unique for European civil codes, in its characterization of laws in terms of the person and property; it was divided into four sections: the person, the acquisition of goods, goods, and the defense of those goods or rights. Seabra's rationalization would be long lasting (1867–1967), and would be the basis for, in the terminology of the Code: the judicial person, acquisition of laws, property, crimes and judgments.

The Portuguese Republic will adapt "A Propreiedade: Filosofia do Direto (English: Property: Philosophy of Law)" as our Civil Code.

View attachment 52369

Americans! Finally our nation has cast aside that 'peculiar institution' that has plagued our nation since it's foundation. The 'Copperheads' have seen how self-defeating their stubbornness is - Only by moving as one nation into the modern world can we truly establish ourselves on the international stage. Our new treaties with the Mexicans, Portuguese and Ottomans strengthens the ties between our nations and helps spread our ideals across the globe.

I assure not only the Germans but all nations that the spread of American armaments across the globe was never sanctioned by this Government. To those who have acquired American armaments through illicit means, I ask why did you not discuss your wishes formally with our diplomats, instead of overpaying smugglers and corrupt officials?

Furthermore, I commend the speed at which the Heavenly Kingdom has restored order to it's provinces. I wish them the best in their continued efforts.​

xrjir.gif

Recent developments surrounding the Panama-border are a source of concern for Mexico. We call upon the Guatemalan government to guarantee the Panama border will not again be violated by troops under its command or that of its central american allies.

guatemalaelsalvador.png

Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras

The Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras assures our northern neighbour that we will not conduct any more military exercises close to the Costa Rican-Colombian border for the moment, as the border is not properly delineated and therefore has resulted in the current mess. We will also do our utmost to ensure that no Central American troops violates it, and that any troops who loses their discipline and does so anyway is discharged. To help decrease the likelihood of incidents like the one that has happened, I suggest that the border is properly delineated.

320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador

This incident was caused by the Central American generals inability to read a map. We will not review our borders and they shall not be "delineated". There is no problem, issue or reason to review the border with Costa Rica.

OOC: Was just saying, mate, what with all that jungle. Oh well, will have to improve map-reading across all of Central America. That gives me an idea too...

guatemalaelsalvador.png

Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras

With the impending incorporation of the Republic of Miskito into our great confederacy, we would like to announce a reorganisation of the Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras into the Federation of Northern Central America (F.N.C.A.). It will at the time of this announcement be made up of the Republics of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, Honduras, and Miskito. The provisional capital shall be Guatemala City, until such a time as a proper federal capital can be established. A commission has been created and tasked with the objective of finding a suitable location.

OOC: Sorry, but I already have enough border problems with them damn Peruvians... :)

Okay people, I am looking to try and expand WiR, so if anyone here has the time, and energy, needed to start another WiR 1914 Game, please PM me. I want to try and get another started. However, I want to make this new game limited inside (8-10 Nations) so that the size remains small and updates are easy.

Thanks,
The GM

OOC: I may be able to help with something small that doesn't require any die or special programs (photoshop?) or other otherstuffs - maybe writing mini-mini updates? School and social/family taking up most of my time I may not be able to do it as often as I like but I still present my services.

I would also like to participate in it as well :D