• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: I thought the update said that Honduras joined me? I therefore also expected that to nullify the decreased income from army expenses but uh...I am confused.
Also, no mention of the treaty of Guatemala City? Oh well.

guatemalaelsalvador.png

Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras

We are glad at the Hondurian response to our attempts to unite the fractured Republics of Central America into one country, capable of standing on its own two feet. We look forward to furthering our prosperous relationship.

In response to Colombia, we are sincerely sorry that such an unfortunate accident did happen, and it was not in our intentions to violate Colombian national borders. However, nobody was hurt, and nothing was destroyed, so I would say that it all ended well. As a gesture of our good intentions, and to smooth over this unfortunate incident, we offer to sign a treaty of cooperation and friendship with our southern neighbour.

Now, you did also demand to know why we have been conducting all this military, and I must say I thought that was obvious: to make Central America capable of standing against any and all foreign aggression. We have no intention of being cowed and put under a foreign yoke, and therefore we have been making improvements to our military. It is merely a pre-emptive build-up, which I would say is quite necessary when looking back at things.
If violent conflict can be avoided, then we will attempt to do so as we are a peaceful nation. You might question why then we would need a strong military, and I once again say that the answer is obvious: we are merely securing our peace the Swiss way.
But nevertheless, if war shall somehow come our way, then we will fight to the last drop of blood. Central America depends on our protection and willingness to make sacrifices, and we shall honour our promise to Central America.

So, in short: We do not desire war, but if war comes our way anyway, then we shall fight to preserve our sovereignty.

Last edited:
manchuflag.png

Kingdom of Manchuria

The Emperor would like to announce the Kingdom's industrialization plan, where we hope that our industry will be able to match and compete with the industries of other major nations by the turn of the decade. This will not only provide jobs to those who are lacking them, but it will expand our working force, diversify it, and bring money to those who need it.

The Emperor would also like to remind the other nations of the world that we are not willing to lease further port cities to others; for the time being, the Confederate States of America will be the only country to lease our territory. We are not going to be used in a way that will gain others much power and influence in the region, while there is no benefit for the Kingdom or its people.

We would also like to briefly congratulate the Taiping on uniting most of China proper under their rule.

Nations in the World: July 1864

1. The German Empire
2. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
3. The Second French Empire
4. The United States of America
5. The Ottoman Empire
6. The Taping Heavily Kingdom
7. The Austrian Empire
8. The Kingdom of the Netherlands
9. The Confederate States of America
10. The Kingdom of Spain
11. The Russian Empire
12. The Kingdom of Belgium
13. The Republic of Italy
14. The Kingdom of Sweden
15. The Empire of Brazil
16. The United States of Colombia and Ecuador
17. The United States of Mexico
18. The Argentine Confederation
19. The Confederacy of Guatemala, San Salvador, Belize, and Honduras
20. The Kingdom of Denmark
21. The Republic of Chile
22. The Romanian United Principalities
23. The Republic of Poland
24. The South African Republic
25. The Empire of Greater Japan
26. The Portuguese Republic
27. The Kingdom of Manchuria
28. The Emirate of Morocco
29. The Republic of Paraguay
30. The Oriental Republic of Uruguay
31. The Worker's Commonwealth

32. The Imperial State of Iran
33. The Kingdom of Xinjiang
34. The Republic of Haiti
35. The Kingdom of Italy
36. The Republic of Nicaragua
37. The Republic of Costa Rica
38. The Republic of Venezuela
39. The Republic of Peru
40. The Republic of Bolivia
41. The Republic of Liberia
42. The Kingdom of Ethiopia
43. The Kingdom of Cambodia
44. The Kingdom of Siam
45. The Kingdom of Burma
46. The Kingdom of Dai Nam
47. The Kingdom of Luang Prabang
48. The Kingdom of Brunei
49. The State of Johore
50. The Princely States
51. The Emirate of Kalat
52. The Emirate of Afghanistan
53. The Kingdom of Madagascar
54. The Zulu Empire
55. The Kingdom of Lesotho
56. The Emirate of Bukkahara
57. The Emirate of Khiva
58. The Kingdom of Greece
59. The Swiss Confederation
60. The Kingdom of Liechtenstein
61. The Papal States
62. The Kingdom of Montenegro
63. The Emirate of Nejd
64. The Kingdom of Yemen
65. The Kingdom of Oman
66. The Kingdom of Abu Dhabi
67. The Emirate of Circassia
68. The Republic of Ireland

Last edited:
This is a great day for Denmark. We have yet again appeared on the front of Afrika and in a much better location. A natural harbor and whales, it will be the perfect location for a trade station. I invite all nations of the world for a hand in trade with Denmark because now, we have access to it.

I see that Sweden is trying to get more land. Finland wasn't enough, and now you want to take Denmark. I say this: Our nation has come on hard times, but we are rising in greatness. We will not be worms, but birds who feed on those worms and fly to greatness. We have braved great wars and we still retain our sovereignty. Do not falter Denmark's citizens, because if we give up now, then all our hard work will be for naught.

OOC: Oh and this was posted a while back, but I'll sign it now

[X] King Frederick VII of Denmark

500px-Flag_of_Empire_of_Brazil_%281847-1889%29.svg.png

We have finally driven the Argentine puppets from Rio Grande do Sul, however this doesn't means the end of the war, much the opposite, it has barely started, soon the might of Brazilian unity and patriotism shall strike at the heart of our enemies, the Empire of Brazil shall not bow down to the aggressors in the South!
We will drive your scum from our lands, we will protect our brothers from your dictatorial regimes, democracy shall not perish in South America!

Our friends in Bolivia face a ridiculous aggression from the Chileans, the Colombians have suffered a violation of their territory by the Guatemalans, during such troubled times is that South America needs to unite and cooperate in order to defend herself against those acts of aggression.
To the guatemalans, i hope your intentions are truly peaceful, i do not desire the relationship between our two nations to be damaged because your military did the mistake of violating Colombian territory, South America has seen enough war.

We assure the Empire of Brazil that the Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras is a peaceful nation, and that the incident in Panama was entirely an accident. However, though we value peace, we also value our sovereignty. If Colombia decides to bring war to Central America, then we shall fight. But we sincerely do hope that violent conflict can be averted. We have hope that the government in Colombia-Ecuador sees it that way as well, as I am certain that war between the Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras and Colombia-Ecuador will be beneficial to neither one of us.

Regarding the situation in Europe, we applaud the stalwart defenders of the United Kingdom for their tremendous success, against high odds.

I trust the words of the Confederate president, i hope that his episode can be put behind the history of both your nations, it is not the time for the good people of the Guatemalan and Colombian nations to be hurt by the flames of an unecessary war.
I hope that both of you will forget this incident and have friendly relations on the future.

The Kingdom of Belgium congratulates the United Kingdom on it's vitories over the communist scum.

Leopold I, King of the Belgians

320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador

We accept the Guatemalan appology and shall not press any further for compensation. We will put the whole incident behind us and shall sign your treaty of friendship and cooperation. However we echo the words of Brazil, hoping that your military intentions are indeed peaceful.

OOC: Confederacy of the CSA?

OOC: Confederacy of the CSA?
OOC: Well if saying the Confederate States of Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, and El Salvador is more politically correct, then shoot me. I just wanted to shorten it down. It is still the same name.

Ediy: Also, CSA stands for both "Confederate States of America" and "Central States of America".

guatemalaelsalvador.png

Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras

We thank the United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador for not pushing this small incident into a full-blown and devastating war. A war in which there would be no winner, only losers. The Confederacy of Guatemala, El Salvador, Belize, and Honduras shall begin writing up a treaty of friendship and cooperation with Colombia-Ecuador, to put this whole debacle behind us.

OOC: Well if saying the Confederate States of Guatemala, Honduras, Belize, and El Salvador is more politically correct, then shoot me. I just wanted to shorten it down. It is still the same name.

Ediy: Also, CSA stands for both "Confederate States of America" and "Central States of America".

OOC: You must put the whole name. :mad:
Or just the Confederacy. Saying "Confederacy of the CSA" makes no sense...at all.

OOC: There is no middle ground? Is Confederacy of the Central States of America good enough for you?

OOC: No, because there exists no such state. :p

OOC: I agree with this. II don't want to use very long names to address a country. That's the problem here. If we can use shortened names for the countries that would be great.

OOC: How about: CGESBH? Or Confederacy GESBH? Or just "the Confederacy"? (since the CSA is referred to as the CSA, most of the time)